Door Trim

unlimited54

Mar 2, 2005
Want to paint my existing door trim,is it possible.
I did say some of the shop but there say that i is possible
but does not stay longer.

Any here have try to paint the door trim...pls advise me ?

Thanks

unlimited54

Mar 2, 2005
Originally posted by unlimited54@Mar 21 2005, 17:45
Want to paint my existing door trim,is it possible.
I did say some of the shop but there say that i is possible
but does not stay longer.

Any here have try to paint the door trim...pls advise me ?

Thanks
[snapback]828005[/snapback]​

Any comment....pls

tajulsans

1,000 RPM
Jul 31, 2004
Soo Bang
plastic painting is different than body painting.. have u ever wonder why does the bumper that is repainted tend to peel off compare to stock from factory?? most of the aftermarket painter is not really specialized in plastic painting.. Plastic at its raw form will not be able to be painted as paint coat does not have any adhesion to the plastic.. hence specialized primer coating is required to introduce adhesion surface for the paint coat.. Normally the painter outside does not apply the primer.. maybe they want to save cost or maybe they dont even know the thing is required..

therefore, my advise is seek help from reputable painter.. they should be able to give u a much better answer in term of cost and stuff.. i'll update again if i have additional info..

By the way, the surface u r tryin to paint is PVC or PP??

unlimited54

Mar 2, 2005
Originally posted by tajulsans@Apr 7 2005, 22:33
plastic painting is different than body painting.. have u ever wonder why does the bumper that is repainted tend to peel off compare to stock from factory?? most of the aftermarket painter is not really specialized in plastic painting.. Plastic at its raw form will not be able to be painted as paint coat does not have any adhesion to the plastic.. hence specialized primer coating is required to introduce adhesion surface for the paint coat.. Normally the painter outside does not apply the primer.. maybe they want to save cost or maybe they dont even know the thing is required..

therefore, my advise is seek help from reputable painter.. they should be able to give u a much better answer in term of cost and stuff.. i'll update again if i have additional info..

By the way, the surface u r tryin to paint is PVC or PP??
[snapback]877621[/snapback]​

Thanks tajulsans for yr kindly information,the things that i wanted to paint is my wira dashboard ....i was thinking how is the cars in AUTOSHOW,can be painted with color.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi again,

ok now, we start with watermarks on window and windscreen...im not sure how this thing could happen, but i only know how to remove this kind of stain...

after treatment...

for best result, after this process, we...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience