Auto --> Manual

Tamiya

Mar 22, 2005
Butterworth (369)
Visit site
Hi.. I'm new here. Could you guys tell me if I might come across any side effect of switching transmission from an Auto Putra to a Manual one?

And also, usually it costs about how much? Thanks to all the sifu out there.

Tamiya

Mar 22, 2005
Butterworth (369)
Visit site
Anyone out there??

tajulsans

1,000 RPM
Jul 31, 2004
Soo Bang
Hmm, side effect eh..

1. Ull hav problem walking with ur left leg for awhile..
2. Ull be more tempted to floor the accelerator pedal.
etc, etc hahaha

The whole conversion set can be urs for about 1.5 to 2k not inclusive labour.. if u r realy serious, get new set of clutch instead of used ones, better interm of durability and keeping ur pocket a bit heavier..

everything else, leave it to the pomen laa.. no worries, better FC and better respond..

momosard

Known Member
Dec 10, 2004
PG*PK**
Visit site
last time im using auto transmission in my 4G93T n change it to manual transmission 4G93T gearbox, driveshaft n mounting oso need to change, clutch pump, pedal n a lot of things need to change.....
n using new exedy clutch (local)
installation n labour charge cost me RM2000++ (including gear oil)

Tamiya

Mar 22, 2005
Butterworth (369)
Visit site
2K for all that? Still acceptable. Do you find it difficult to find a gearbox for Putra? One of my friend just told me.. is very difficult to find one for putra.

Still thinking about this.Perhaps I should continue to look for a good condition Manual Putra. T_T

Itab

500 RPM
Apr 14, 2004
Serdang
Visit site
bro,depends on wat gearbox u're looking for la,if u're looking for the 1.8 2 wheel gear box,if i din recall wrongly the number is FM211,it is kinda rare la,about RM900 bucks or so la,but u can try to look for it la,no harm ma,who knows maybe u're in luck n happen to stumble upon it rite?the last time when i was looking for this particular gearbox for my gsr,i couldn't find as well,ended up getting a 2.0 diesel(perdana gear box) which has an even longer ratio (longer compare to FM211 becoz one of my fren's using this 1.8 2 wheel gear box on his gsr,so after testing his car,can feel the difference in ratios la)

Speedsm0ker

Jan 20, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
i used to drive a 1.6 auto wira la ..
change to manual edi ..
still good ... but really my right foot feel heaveier la... :P
if wanna change, why dun try a GB with LSD ??
just asking la .. coz im using a proton GB ... :P

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
auto to manual floorboard need to make holes to fit in the pedal as well gearbox control

tajulsans

1,000 RPM
Jul 31, 2004
Soo Bang
the gearbox for 1.8 is f5m222.. same with the 1.6 ones, only the ratio abit diff if i'm not mistaken.. Get one from chop shop that is taken from mitsu 4g93 lo.. prob solve liau..

simplythebest

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Selangor
Better get an experience mechanic to do the job. My friend's iswara auto convert to manual, everything was fine then till one midnight he couldn't engage to 1st gear, 2nd gear, 3rd gear, all gears cannot. Very frustrated. :o

Tamiya

Mar 22, 2005
Butterworth (369)
Visit site
Thanks for the replies guys.. some of my friends said.. over here in Penang, its difficult to find the gearbox.. besides, they say it costs over 2k.. OMG...

Clutch kabel putus... very normal thing :D I kena 2 times liao :D

renegade

Known Member
Nov 19, 2003
Visit site
Originally posted by momosard@Mar 23 2005, 12:06
last time im using auto transmission in my 4G93T n change it to manual transmission 4G93T gearbox, driveshaft n mounting oso need to change, clutch pump, pedal n a lot of things need to change.....
n using new exedy clutch (local)
installation n labour charge cost me RM2000++ (including gear oil)
[snapback]833429[/snapback]​
sorry offtopic,
bro is there any side effect after u changed frm auto to manual?

Kal

Mar 29, 2005
Visit site
Hi, I'm just wondering, is there any legal/administrative redtape that you have to go through if you swap an auto gearbox to a manual? Will JPJ make noise or anything? I'm thinking of swapping as well, coz well, I'm pretty sick of driving an auto (not my choice :P ). Thanks.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

DO NOT SEND YOUR CAR TO ML AUTOMART FOR ANY INSTALLATION OF YOUR ACCESSORIES.

On the 28th April 2007 I send my car to ML Automart to install back my previous amplifier, electronic crossover & speaker to my new car. My previous car I have 1x 2ch amp, 1x 4ch amp, electronic crossover, 2x 4” spk, 4x 4” spk, 2x 6” and 2x 10” spk, and I bring all the cable over to ML Automart in Puchong.

[FONT=Times New...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience