Advice On Civic 1.7 VTEC...

sarur

From Facebook
Feb 2, 2010
hie guys, im new here on zth.. was searching for 2001 civic es owners.. baru jumpa.. =). im also driving around in 1.7vtec civic... but was thinking to upgrade to the 2.0ivtec 2004 model... any advice? or i was thinking drop in the 2.0ivtec engine from integra dctype s... ade auto and manual transmission skali... tapi tatau laa bole ke tak... hehe.

Jul 3, 2009
hie guys, im new here on zth.. was searching for 2001 civic es owners.. baru jumpa.. =). im also driving around in 1.7vtec civic... but was thinking to upgrade to the 2.0ivtec 2004 model... any advice? or i was thinking drop in the 2.0ivtec engine from integra dctype s... ade auto and manual transmission skali... tapi tatau laa bole ke tak... hehe.
i think it can be done bro..:biggrin:

Josh_Takumi_86

Mar 20, 2006
heloo, i also driving with the 1.7 vtec civic yr 2001 stock, is getting old and just change the front absorber...
my machanic said the gb is almost time, just waiting time to go nia...
so did any civic gb can go into this civic (how does call it, EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1 coz i search in wiki, just know is 2001 yr...mine is auto gb, if got civic model gb can be put it will be better or mayb manual gb...

but currently my bro driving it, and he planned to facelift it to 04 or 05 version or the ES...
erm how much the cost for the facelift, front bumpers, headlight, grill, bonnet, fenders, rear bumper, rear light, and rear trunk?

Andres

Known Member
Jun 2, 2005
Penang
Hi,

Just share some information... I just go Honda service centre to tested my VTEC. It show 3.5k the VTEC solenoid valve already On. It means that 1.7 VTEC D17A2 is kick in at 3.5k RPM.

gunnn

Jan 23, 2006
im also drive 1.7 but oledy upgrade to 2.0 conversion from dc5 6 speed.

ryousuke

Dec 13, 2007
hope i can join u guys soon :proud: planning to buy 2nd ES...need advice how to make up my car soon.

luxi

Known Member
Dec 3, 2004
Visit site
change sport rim, 16" enough already..
install full bodykit,rs or rx2
change front grille

install rear disc, if your car don't have any.
install rs spoiler..
other members, please add in...:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

ryousuke

Dec 13, 2007
i saw one ES in use car today, 65k, with ori brembo + Dc5 rim 5 lugs..but front bumper broken a bit, the driver must be a street racer :p

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

VW Golf R finally arrives! Passat CC R-line also revealed!

We waited, and waited, and the wait is now finally over. It is official - the Golf R has finally landed on our shores! Just to quickly go through the stats once more: 2.0L turbo mated to a 6-speed DSG box, 255PS and 330Nm, 4MOTION all-wheel drive system, Adaptive Chassis Control (DCC)...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience