Vafc ii

dvino

Known Member

dvino

Known Member
Mar 16, 2009
Morning Guys, :wavey:

I was told by a mechanic that if you install the VAFC II you need higher compression pistons.
The reason behind this is that if one adjusted the VTEC trigger point to lower RPM let’s say 5k then when VTEC open on that RPM (5K) you will see a power dip before gaining back your power. He says not enough compression in your engine. I don’t get the clear picture on this scenario.
Obviously this is s disadvantage to the driver as he sure will lose to the other car that trying to asap him.

Any opinion/facts from you guys regarding this? :hmmmm:

Vagabond

1,500 RPM

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007
Morning Guys, :wavey:

I was told by a mechanic that if you install the VAFC II you need higher compression pistons.
The reason behind this is that if one adjusted the VTEC trigger point to lower RPM let’s say 5k then when VTEC open on that RPM (5K) you will see a power dip before gaining back your power. He says not enough compression in your engine. I don’t get the clear picture on this scenario.
Obviously this is s disadvantage to the driver as he sure will lose to the other car that trying to asap him.

Any opinion/facts from you guys regarding this? :hmmmm:

the mech who told you that you need higher comp pistons to install vafc2 is an idiota :rofl: ask him where did he do his training? Coffee Bean ah?

v-tec buka early, doesnt mean got power la.

otherwise all the non-type r engines open v-tak @ 3k or 3.5k rpm .... like that sure asap all the ITRs and FD2R's liau la ....... *actually, those 2.0 i-vtecs are not even actual vtec engines.... so let's refer to them as V-Tak from now on :rofl:*

it's all to do about the power curve, if not mistaken.

but don't take my word for it, what do I know? after all ..... i only use the car to pull women!!! :rofl:

dvino

Known Member

dvino

Known Member
Mar 16, 2009
hi bro's

thanks for the inputs.....i guess that the dump ass was trying to con me to buy the VAFC2
daimn lucky i didnt buy :banghead:

dcloo

1,500 RPM

dcloo

1,500 RPM
May 11, 2005
kl
hi bro's

thanks for the inputs.....i guess that the dump ass was trying to con me to buy the VAFC2
daimn lucky i didnt buy :banghead:
VAFC II = Junk for i-vtec engine

only buy management its allow adjust variable cam phasing (hondata,AEM EMS,F-con Vpro,Autronic,Motec)

Last edited:

Vagabond

1,500 RPM

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007
on a seperate note. to eliminate the 180km/h speed limit, would a RSM be sufficient? or is there any other "all in one" to buy?
yes, the rsm does bypass the speed-cut.

but it attracts thieves like nobody's business!!!

Speed-cut <<< RSM <<< Pencuri :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

dudes, my mom's perdana executive also the auto gearbox koyak la.............
spent about 3K plus to buy 2nd hand gearbox but still not cekap la.......
when accelerate from stationary, have to do it very slowly otherwise the gear will jump from 1st gear to 2nd n got load thud sound.........
anyone can give me any advice?
what can we do to get rid of this problem?
we just replaced the shock absorbers n both upper n lower arms on both sides so now only the gearbox is a main...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience