DC5 Advice

dcloo

1,500 RPM
May 11, 2005
kl
Thats the problem with high performance pads, their operating tempretures are high, hence on cold mornings of under very normal day-to-day road conditions, they don't work as well... theres always a compromise with mods...
Just upgrade to hydraulic hand brake:listen: will solve all the problem even can FF drift :rofl::rofl:

Dani10

Mar 13, 2009
Need help from all the k-series sifu-sifu here... i just wanna ask about my dc5r... there's leaking of M-oil mybe from the seal o the gasket... so brought my car to this mechanic and he said have to overhauls the engine, wasting money if i just change the seal because if m-oil keep on reducing after a few weeks of servicing tats mean my car lose compression so have to overhauls it..just want to know, is it true?? URgent pls sifu-sifu help me

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007
Need help from all the k-series sifu-sifu here... i just wanna ask about my dc5r... there's leaking of M-oil mybe from the seal o the gasket... so brought my car to this mechanic and he said have to overhauls the engine, wasting money if i just change the seal because if m-oil keep on reducing after a few weeks of servicing tats mean my car lose compression so have to overhauls it..just want to know, is it true?? URgent pls sifu-sifu help me

well, engine oil can leak at many different places.

apparently, according to honda malaysia, the "Valve Head Cover Seal" is a common culprit, and Honda has ready made repair kits for that, it's around RM200.

also, another possible cause is the oil pan, you might want to check your drain nut area.

however, piston rings may also cause "coking" or "cooking", which burns off engine oil, and loss of compression, so it might be worth doing a compression test to check whether this is the issue.

if the car milege is low, then it might not be the piston rings, so a complete overhaul may not be necessary, as it is both expensive and time consuming.

Dani10

Mar 13, 2009
well, engine oil can leak at many different places.

apparently, according to honda malaysia, the "Valve Head Cover Seal" is a common culprit, and Honda has ready made repair kits for that, it's around RM200.

also, another possible cause is the oil pan, you might want to check your drain nut area.

however, piston rings may also cause "coking" or "cooking", which burns off engine oil, and loss of compression, so it might be worth doing a compression test to check whether this is the issue.

if the car milege is low, then it might not be the piston rings, so a complete overhaul may not be necessary, as it is both expensive and time consuming.
btw my milege now around 127+++ already, abit high... n also wat do u mean by doing a compression test?? how to test it? ;)

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007
btw my milege now around 127+++ already, abit high... n also wat do u mean by doing a compression test?? how to test it? ;)

well .....it's a bit like sex ........ where's you insert something long and skinny into a dark dark hole :rofl:

ask an experienced workshop ........... they should be able to do it.

Dani10

Mar 13, 2009
thanx vagabond...i already do the compression test and the here the reading of of it : 210psi, 205psi,210psi,210psi... is it normal??

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007
yup ..... i think it's well within the regular tolerance levels.

so now , with the process of elimination, you can dismiss the piston rings as the culprit of the engine oil leak.

look at the next likely suspect: valve head cover seal.
get a torch and inspect the valve head cover, and where it connects to the cylinder head. there should be a bit of cement in between those two parts. see if there are any engine oil leaks there, dried or otherwise.

also , the next time you jack up the car, look at the undercarriage. you can check the oil pan for scrapes, in case of poor clearance issues..... and also the oil filter to see if any leaks there.

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007
Guys!!!!

Anybody seen this DC5 before???

GTG 12 or QTG 12 ???

I saw it along the LDP , in front of Kelana Jaya

Veilside Kit ....
Colour is blackish blue .... or bluish black .....
no spoiler at all ....
spec-c with rear wiper ......

looks very familliar la, reminds me of someone i know's car :biggrin:

Dani10

Mar 13, 2009
yup ..... i think it's well within the regular tolerance levels.

so now , with the process of elimination, you can dismiss the piston rings as the culprit of the engine oil leak.

look at the next likely suspect: valve head cover seal.
get a torch and inspect the valve head cover, and where it connects to the cylinder head. there should be a bit of cement in between those two parts. see if there are any engine oil leaks there, dried or otherwise.

also , the next time you jack up the car, look at the undercarriage. you can check the oil pan for scrapes, in case of poor clearance issues..... and also the oil filter to see if any leaks there.
thanx vagabond, this really help me alot save me from doing the overhaul hehe.... im sure its from the valve head cover seal coz the mechanic check it out already...even got leak through the pulley seal he said. so coming friday gonna change the seal where got leak ;) thanx anyway

prasath_5338

1,000 RPM
Apr 20, 2005
Guys!!!!

Anybody seen this DC5 before???

GTG 12 or QTG 12 ???

I saw it along the LDP , in front of Kelana Jaya

Veilside Kit ....
Colour is blackish blue .... or bluish black .....
no spoiler at all ....
spec-c with rear wiper ......

looks very familliar la, reminds me of someone i know's car :biggrin:
I have seen it before........looks kinda :love:

NukeeZoid

2,000 RPM
Jan 26, 2005
further_seems_forever.blogspot.com
does anyone have a similar problem.... my 2nd gear is quite hard to engage especially after the car warms up.

its not very often, but once in a while i'll have to use abit of strength to push it into 2nd....and the hand feel is like the gear is cruching.

any ideas?

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007
does anyone have a similar problem.... my 2nd gear is quite hard to engage especially after the car warms up.

its not very often, but once in a while i'll have to use abit of strength to push it into 2nd....and the hand feel is like the gear is cruching.

any ideas?

synchro-mesh !!!!! :thefinger:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My experience with proton...
don't buy the first model.... just wait 1 or 2 years later when their already solved the problem then can buy the car...
i own 1st model of gen 2 and now what happen, waiting for wiring harnes for replacement for abt 1 month and still waiting. the car in front of my house for display rite now and must start the car everyday if not battery will kong. st*pid proton! im one of the customers that lost trust with proton... now planing to buy other brand except...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience