Seriously considering a ITr

Stylites-x

1,000 RPM
Feb 13, 2006
hi bro,

All Pre Facelift DC5 was before year 2004-Sept. Please check the seat belt label (if they never cut it) for year of made.

After 2004-Sept all DC5 was New Facelift fyi.
ur rite. 1 of my fren recently bought a rx8 stated yr 05 but ive found out its actually 03 year.
seat belts, seats n other obvious parts in the car can be found of the year made or check ur chassis no. online for the year made. its true actually, unless the seller changed it .. EVEN THE YEAR MANUFACTURED IN THE REG CARD WAS 05.
these dealers can actually make wonders.

n yeah, earlier this year saw few units pre-facelift year 05 onwards sellin. price slightly cheaper than the facelifted ones with the same year. weird ..

NukeeZoid

2,000 RPM
Jan 26, 2005
further_seems_forever.blogspot.com
It gonna cost you around 2.5k on the installation of the GPS equipment, with a monthly fee of rm 20. Good place, i can't comment on that, but my friend's workshop in Sunway is very experienced in installing it, and also an authorized dealer for Captor.

The new version is good as it has loads of functions, such as notification of illegal entry, GPS second by second report, on road unit ( if your car is stolen and its on road, they will locate your car). Loads of functions. Even to the extend of ur door is not locked they can call your mobile to inform.

Some cars require this just for them to get their car insured without high loading rates.
WOW. 2.5k is wayyy out of my budget. having bought the car for the first month...its not viable for me to install a 2.5k alarm system....

oh well...guess i'll need to find an alarm system for my 1k budget...any recommendations?

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

ur rite. 1 of my fren recently bought a rx8 stated yr 05 but ive found out its actually 03 year.
seat belts, seats n other obvious parts in the car can be found of the year made or check ur chassis no. online for the year made. its true actually, unless the seller changed it .. EVEN THE YEAR MANUFACTURED IN THE REG CARD WAS 05.
these dealers can actually make wonders.

n yeah, earlier this year saw few units pre-facelift year 05 onwards sellin. price slightly cheaper than the facelifted ones with the same year. weird ..
where else can i check for the manufacture year. the other day i checked and there were no tabs on the seat belts....any ideas?

Stylites-x

1,000 RPM
Feb 13, 2006
nuke,
i didnt xplore much on the other stuff other than the seat belts. coz it match my year so cudnt care less bout others haha.
u can try to check out the label/tag on the seats.

1 more thing, reconfirm with ur dealer if the reg card gonna be 05 year.
im thinkin the year of ur car might register late over in japan juz like my frens case.
check ur chassis no. for the real manufacture year.
DC5230XXXX Sept 2004 onwards while DC5220XXXX is before the date.

i cant be wrong, i guess ..

NukeeZoid

2,000 RPM
Jan 26, 2005
nuke,
i didnt xplore much on the other stuff other than the seat belts. coz it match my year so cudnt care less bout others haha.
u can try to check out the label/tag on the seats.

1 more thing, reconfirm with ur dealer if the reg card gonna be 05 year.
im thinkin the year of ur car might register late over in japan juz like my frens case.
check ur chassis no. for the real manufacture year.
DC5230XXXX Sept 2004 onwards while DC5220XXXX is before the date.

i cant be wrong, i guess ..
Thanks for the info! Yes the registration card will say 2005/2010, so just need to check whether the chassis number is correct.

Massive_InfusioN

Known Member
Jan 18, 2006
Selangor
WOW. 2.5k is wayyy out of my budget. having bought the car for the first month...its not viable for me to install a 2.5k alarm system....

oh well...guess i'll need to find an alarm system for my 1k budget...any recommendations?

A normal 2 way alarm is good enough already. Should cost u around RM 500 - 600 for good ones, with shock sensor.

NukeeZoid

2,000 RPM
Jan 26, 2005

A normal 2 way alarm is good enough already. Should cost u around RM 500 - 600 for good ones, with shock sensor.

thats exactly what i was looking at. whats a good 2 way alarm brand? not very sure since all my cars had alarm systems. :confused:

Stylites-x

1,000 RPM
Feb 13, 2006
bro, go get steelmate. product from china, 2 way alarm. been using for years. no problem or wutsoever. paid em for rm500 only :biggrin:

NukeeZoid

2,000 RPM
Jan 26, 2005
any acc shop. they might hav it .. ranging from rm400-600.
I just checked out the Steelmate series yesterday.

Theres one 2 way with autostart going for RM650. Now sure whats the name of it...but it has the autostart feature and a screen on the key alarm to tell you whats happening with your car.

subcon

1,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
Turn 5
I just checked out the Steelmate series yesterday.

Theres one 2 way with autostart going for RM650. Now sure whats the name of it...but it has the autostart feature and a screen on the key alarm to tell you whats happening with your car.
you can get it cheaper without the remote engine starter feature!

subcon

1,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
Turn 5
yup. the one without engine start is only RM400....

but remote start is soooooo coool....haha. :rofl: anyone had problems with engine start functions?
yes it is cool but surely if it is not installed correctly or by competent staff problems are bound to happen?

steelmate comes with 1 year warranty. that should make it easier for you to decide. heh heh

NukeeZoid

2,000 RPM
Jan 26, 2005
yes it is cool but surely if it is not installed correctly or by competent staff problems are bound to happen?

steelmate comes with 1 year warranty. that should make it easier for you to decide. heh heh
oh im definitely going with steelmate. just a question of with or without remote start.

well if any problems come up, just bring it back to the accessory shop and kasih "tiao" sama dia. :rofl: