.: Exhaust Modification Corner :.

danny93

Mar 13, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
can someone help me?
i'm trying to find a muffler specifically like this one..

btw i'm using satria neo

Last edited:

bikerz

Known Member
Nov 21, 2008
i'm using putra with 4g93t. now i'm using step-up straight flow exhaust with 3" muffler. i think it's too loud for me to drive every day. i'm thinking of using baffle and reduce the outlet to 1.5". what do you think? is it true i can have better FC? how about performance? roughly how many % u think power drop? lastly, can quote me price to do the baffle?

andrewlim_2020

Mar 25, 2010
Melaka
Sifus n pros :adore: ...what will be the recommended exhaust setup for Civic ES 1.7?

I prefer more acceleration, not much on top speed, and I wanna use twin loop muffler :biggrin:

sugizo_takuro

Known Member
Feb 20, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
i'm using standard exhaust, but if i change to bigger tailpipe..will the sound be louder, in terms of decibel? will pekak, boxer, or still the same? noob here, sorry if this sounds silly

dieheartsue

Known Member
Nov 7, 2006
hi Sugizo_Takuro,

Btw your car is manual or auto, for sure if u mod your tail pipe the noise will increase.. but i suggest u to mod your mid drum@box as well, this is due to when u mod your tail pipe da noise loud only.. but if u mod your mid drum@box the noise sound more bassier.. but all depends on your budget and preference..

Last edited:

sugizo_takuro

Known Member
Feb 20, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
hi dieheartsue..

my car is manual..the tail pipe, i mean..i keep the standard muffler, but only change the pipe exit from the muffler..is it for cosmetic or the sound will change a bit? my car still got midbox, catalytic changed to bullet.because

before this i use straight flow plus no midbox...at for 6 months the sound is great bassier sound..after that pekak..tak tahan, then use the original

dieheartsue

Known Member
Nov 7, 2006
hi sugizo takuro,

ooops.. icic.. tail pipe for sure cosmetic only.. but sumtimes the mod on your tail pipe really create a better look such as a double twin pipe on a vip car..

sugizo_takuro

Known Member
Feb 20, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
ooo..thanks dieheartsue..i thought give some extra sound...hehe...if for cosmetics, i think i will skip it...
erm, now i always saw people put dummy tailpipes on their cars..usually i found on normal car..during my practical in merc workshop, i saw one merc put this...hahaha...

1 question, usually big tabung muffler gives boxier sound right?

dieheartsue

Known Member
Nov 7, 2006
hi sugizo takuro,

yaya.. bigger tabung gives bassier sound.. e.g. those on subaru.. sounds really nice..

btw wat car are u using?

aidilaidilaidil

Known Member
Sep 7, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Hi guys,

Need some advice and recommendation from the sifus here. i plan to use a straight flow muffler for my auto tranny 1.5L honda city and only change the muffler without touching anything else. is it ok if the muffler has 2.5" inlet? from the 2.5" inlet connected to a 2" piping with a custom made flange which then will be connected straight to the other end flange?

i know that max piping size for a 1.5L engine is 2".....but what if the muffler inlet is 2.5" instead of 2" inlet but it still using 2" pipe?

2.5" inlet muffler ---> 2" piping ---> flange ---> flange ---> stock piping ---> stock bullet ---> etc

plan to do a plug and play setup without cutting the stock muffler piping. what are the pros and cons of the setup above? any comment is much appreciate. thanks in advance.

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
I can tell you one MAJOR con...

It will look really ugly when you look at it from afar since the piping sizes dont match haha :biggrin:

Otherwise I really dont think theres any difference in performance :driver:

kweng84

2,000 RPM
Dec 22, 2005
PUCHONG
www.zerotohundred.com
Hi guys,

Need some advice and recommendation from the sifus here. i plan to use a straight flow muffler for my auto tranny 1.5L honda city and only change the muffler without touching anything else. is it ok if the muffler has 2.5" inlet? from the 2.5" inlet connected to a 2" piping with a custom made flange which then will be connected straight to the other end flange?

i know that max piping size for a 1.5L engine is 2".....but what if the muffler inlet is 2.5" instead of 2" inlet but it still using 2" pipe?

2.5" inlet muffler ---> 2" piping ---> flange ---> flange ---> stock piping ---> stock bullet ---> etc

plan to do a plug and play setup without cutting the stock muffler piping. what are the pros and cons of the setup above? any comment is much appreciate. thanks in advance.
No issue. If all remained stock and just change rear muffler to what you've mentioned, power wise, you get better power at higher end especially you go for full pedal, but that depends on your cat con also. If cat con clog, you get bad FC. Pick up wise, you will feel it decreases. Workmanship wise, no issue on that but i need to know the size of the muffler. Worried the body too big.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi sifus,
Totally a noob here so kindda need your advise here.
I have seen a package on the R3 site abt a performance upgrade for the satria neo cps.
PROTON Holdings Berhad - R3 Accessories
The package includes a "Performance cam shaft" and i was wondering if the cam shaft is switchable cuz if i understand the CPS function, there will be a pin that enables the high lift cams. but if i change the cam shaft to the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience