minivan

1,500 RPM

minivan

1,500 RPM
Jun 11, 2004
BBBangi/KL
Visit site
Allo Peeps,

Any of u guys have experience with GAB suspension (SS Series)?? Yeah i know they're not jepun anymore, but they look pretty good and they come NEW with warranty at a reasonable price....

Thing is, i'm looking for something aftermarket. Handling is NOT too much of a concern as i'm ok even with the stock one. Want something adjustable, relatively comfy and will reduce NVH... the SS series seem to fit the bill... also considering Titans, but heard stories of having to spend all day back and forth, up and down to install and set, which is a bit of a turn-off...

So any feedback on these GAB SS series?

---------- Post added at 12:10 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

Or just share the Titan experience for that matter of fact...

hahf

Known Member

hahf

Known Member
Jul 7, 2005
KL
hey bro,

getting wat car now after the ep3? :)
I am using GAB SS without pillowball mount. 10k spring front and back.
Performance wise is good with the price u pay for though on track you most likely will need to set it to the extreme hard (28 clicks or more).
For comfort certainly it's not a problem. When u set it to soft, it's really too soft lol so you will need to adjust to your liking .
Reliability wise I have used it for about 9months and it still doing good. Less headache for me too as no pillowball klik kluk sound :)

sizlo

sizlo

Dec 24, 2007
i think it's about time i change my rear rotor. Went to workshop the other day to skim the disc, macha said "disc bengkok, too thin", and he suggested to change them rather than skim em. So should i change to aftermarket ones or get the used ones from kedai potong? Seems odd isnt it to replace the rear rotor whereas it should be the front going thru the change first?

minivan

1,500 RPM

minivan

1,500 RPM
Jun 11, 2004
BBBangi/KL
Visit site
Seems odd isnt it to replace the rear rotor whereas it should be the front going thru the change first?
You took the words right out of my mouth, after reading the first part. But if did come to replacing them (the rear ones) stick to bone stock enuff. 70-80% of a cars braking is up front...

subcon

1,000 RPM

subcon

1,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
Turn 5
i think it's about time i change my rear rotor. Went to workshop the other day to skim the disc, macha said "disc bengkok, too thin", and he suggested to change them rather than skim em. So should i change to aftermarket ones or get the used ones from kedai potong? Seems odd isnt it to replace the rear rotor whereas it should be the front going thru the change first?
we are in the same boat. somehow my rear rotor finished first. initially it seems odd...but i figured it out that maybe the previous owner (mine was recon unit) had changed the front discs.

anyway i would not skim the disc if it is already too 'thin'. it is better for u to replace them. it is not that expensive i think it would cost you around RM400-500 for the stock rear disc rotors.

however for the front discs perhaps you may want to look at the aftermarkets ones. price starting from RM1200.

sizlo

sizlo

Dec 24, 2007
subcon,

thanks for the ballpark figure on the rear rotor. I found 1 kedai potong who only would let go both the calipers and rotors altogether at 1200. Still looking though.. The stock rear caliper is by Nisin if i'm not mistaken, (for 700? really?). Even the aftermarket for rear ones cost more or less the same with the fronts and to top it off, it's kinda hard to find a cheap one. Found mugen rotor on the net cost round USD3++. Hmmm will i be taxed buying such item online?

Minivan,

A stupid incident had happen couple of weeks back that someone drove my car without putting the handbrake down!! Stupid right?? And i let him drove by himself... :banghead:
But anyway since that incident the car has not have a good grip when breaking. I need to push it hard all the way down, then only the car would stop. No more fast driving from me at the moment. :bawling:

hasukyo

500 RPM

hasukyo

500 RPM
Feb 26, 2008
i too have a braking problem. i even change front and rear rotor and pads brand new.(using ebc yellow and red).

but too bad the result is not satisfying at all, not grip enuf. and i need to pull my handbrake very hard and high only the car can stop on slope...even very2 low angle slope...is it rear brake having problem?need some advice here...

my front caliper still working fine, as i had my mechanice checked.it's really frustrating when u can drive ur car so damn fast but very weak braking..
which is very dangerous.

for rear rotor oem i bought it around 700-800 1 pair.
i heard those 400 one is not original..not sure though.

WAFS

500 RPM

WAFS

500 RPM
Jan 2, 2005
Ampang
i too have a braking problem. i even change front and rear rotor and pads brand new.(using ebc yellow and red).

but too bad the result is not satisfying at all, not grip enuf. and i need to pull my handbrake very hard and high only the car can stop on slope...even very2 low angle slope...is it rear brake having problem?need some advice here...

my front caliper still working fine, as i had my mechanice checked.it's really frustrating when u can drive ur car so damn fast but very weak braking..
which is very dangerous.

for rear rotor oem i bought it around 700-800 1 pair.
i heard those 400 one is not original..not sure though.
Have you tried bypass the ABS system. 1st step disconnect the sensor or fuse. If still the same try bypass the abs control unit. This is just a checking process to check whether the ABS system contributes to the problem or not.
And are u using the original brake hose or already change to steel braided?

minivan

1,500 RPM

minivan

1,500 RPM
Jun 11, 2004
BBBangi/KL
Visit site
Gotta give my 2 cents on these GAB SS series...
These are fully height adjustable and has 32 hard soft damper settings. For the EP, spring rate is 8 up front and 10 at rear. As bro hafh pointed out the DC5 ones is 10 all round. Maybe it's due to the DC having longer front overhang. The SS are made by D2 and fully imported. The red GABs, HA series and below are locally made. They come with a 1 yr waranty. Servicing is quoted at rm200 a piece, if required. Instalation was pretty straight forward. I them adjusted just a tiny bit lower then stock. Maybe abt 10mm lower the stock.

Nways, I think they're great. Fits the bill for me. Comfortable, still rather decent when pushed in corners and has tremendously reduce NHV on my car. For street these are great, but dunno on track yet la. For daily use, I've decided to stick with the recommened 16 damper setting, which makes them very liavble with for daily use, even better the stock! But still have that bit of sporty feel to it. I've tried up to 30 clicks on the damper and as far as street is concerned they perform really well. They are poised, provide nice feedback, and absorb undulation in corners nicely without throwing u off n giving you some drama. This is why u have to remember that harder is not necessarily better, especially for street. Ofcoz, dunno abt reliabilty la. But fingers cross la n hope to be able to test these on track one day...

hasukyo

500 RPM

hasukyo

500 RPM
Feb 26, 2008
Have you tried bypass the ABS system. 1st step disconnect the sensor or fuse. If still the same try bypass the abs control unit. This is just a checking process to check whether the ABS system contributes to the problem or not.
And are u using the original brake hose or already change to steel braided?
thanks farouk, but i'm not sure where and how to disconnect the ABS sensor, nvr done b4.and yes, i've changed to goodridge steel braided hose.

subcon

1,000 RPM

subcon

1,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
Turn 5
definitely you are facing problem with your handbrake system. i didnt need to put an effort to pull the handbrake lever in order to park at slope angle

WAFS

500 RPM

WAFS

500 RPM
Jan 2, 2005
Ampang
thanks farouk, but i'm not sure where and how to disconnect the ABS sensor, nvr done b4.and yes, i've changed to goodridge steel braided hose.
Hv you checked your handbrake cable like subcon suggested...thats the 1st step for the parking brake problem. 2nd is the rear pads but u mentioned that u are using new ones so this is not the problem. About the pads, I'm using EBC yellow as well...for roaduse it doesn't feel that grippy especially in the morning and cold temp but on the track when it's already heated the pads are just marvelous.
I think your problem is on the mechanical side...not the ABS. But you can try check.
The abs sensor is located at the 4 wheels (they attach to your shocks I tried it before coz 1 of my sensor lose) but I think the easiest is to pull out the abs fuse. i haven't done this though.
If you find that the abs control unit is the problem, then you can bypass the system by removing the abs control unit and all the sensors...this will lightened your car slightly but no more abs for you :biggrin:

minivan

1,500 RPM

minivan

1,500 RPM
Jun 11, 2004
BBBangi/KL
Visit site
Thats the problem with high performance pads, their operating tempretures are high, hence on cold mornings of under very normal day-to-day road conditions, they don't work as well... theres always a compromise with mods...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,

I'm thinking of repainting my satria neo R3 in a matte color. something like the original fire red but in matte finish. i am hoping if you all can recommend me a shop or something for me to get an estimate. thanks~
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience