Proton Satria R3 Lotus Racing Edition

HKS-GT2835R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2004
kelate
Visit site
Well... the Lotus Evora can have an unker-Camry engine init. A tuned one at that. Good for 280ps NA. Not too shabby at all.

And that's not just for one funky showcar. That's for e-v-e-r-y Evoras out there.

Why can't R3 just shove a tuned 6A12 at the back of the seats, just for kicks? Or maybe a S2000-spec Campro?
imo you can't have that sort of mods in about 3 weeks. besides, with stock engine still bolted in place, the price ends up 60K too expensive aledi. :biggrin:

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
Well... the Lotus Evora can have an unker-Camry engine init. A tuned one at that. Good for 280ps NA. Not too shabby at all.

And that's not just for one funky showcar. That's for e-v-e-r-y Evoras out there.

Why can't R3 just shove a tuned 6A12 at the back of the seats, just for kicks? Or maybe a S2000-spec Campro?

they can do it provided they have extra funds for R&D,build-up cost,safety tests and price tag that comes with it. How much are u willing to pay for a rear engine proton?

teo1957

Known Member
Nov 12, 2006
they can do it provided they have extra funds for R&D,build-up cost,safety tests and price tag that comes with it. How much are u willing to pay for a rear engine proton?
Fair point. Extra funds. R&D.

Just one thing: how much are you willing to pay for the W12-engined Golf?

You can't even if you want to. It's not open for sale.

How much are you willing to pay for the SR20-engined Waja?

Same thing. It's not open for sale.

Both are showcars.

Well, if you want to ask Proton to make a production version of the showcar, you can.

I know I didn't.

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
As you know Proton is a young car company unlike the larger,more experienced ones that date back years of heritage and history that have extra funds and time to produce one-offs from production cars, or so to say,prototypes that reflects their company status and ability to create new ideas.

Even as your quote goes, "Why can't R3 just shove a tuned 6A12 at the back of the seats, just for kicks? Or maybe a S2000-spec Campro?"...What is there to prove?

deacon

Senior master debater
May 5, 2005
KL
As you know Proton is a young car company unlike the larger,more experienced ones that date back years of heritage and history that have extra funds and time to produce one-offs from production cars, or so to say,prototypes that reflects their company status and ability to create new ideas.

Even as your quote goes, "Why can't R3 just shove a tuned 6A12 at the back of the seats, just for kicks? Or maybe a S2000-spec Campro?"...What is there to prove?
And your point is?

Proton is by no means a young company. Nearly 30 already dude.

It is the conservative attitude that keeps Proton from evolving. This whole idea that if we do just a little bit and partner up with other car companies for technology we will be able to just scrape by. Were it different and Proton was looking for major market share (the right way, in a fair open market), perhaps then you would see a Mivec 6A12 in the engine bay of the Neo, til then...

teo1957

Known Member
Nov 12, 2006

Whoah bro, easy...

The discussion starts with "What I wish..." and it remains that. A wish.

Then delicious fruits were added like 'V6 cannot put in Neo', 'price will be sky-high', and it becomes rojak buah ady. When one-off showcar oso need to kira?

I can't remember wishing for a production car. I wish for a one-off showcar. Wish oso kena shoot down meh? Chia lat lar liddat. :biggrin:

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
Looking at this for an example, by their makes and long heritage to R&D new cars along the way makes proton a young company unlike the larger ones i mentioned.
20 Famous Car Manufacturers - Famouswhy

Anyway, my point is proton is still concentrating in providing cars for the lower-medium income group.Trying to make it affordable for the ppl,of course the AP issue is another topic. But right now they just recently tapped into the sports segment for their production cars and still relatively new at it. So when i read some of these comments, I can't help but to wonder why is everyone comparing a good effort of this neo from R3 to cars which has a longer history and experience? namely 2nd hand JDM's. And to those car makers who could produce one-offs, they have alot of funding and time...its out of topic anyway.

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
YouTube - IGNITION.MY FIRST DRIVE: PROTON Satria Neo R3 Lotus Racing

Adian Yein drives the SNR3LR

---------- Post added at 09:12 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:01 AM ----------

It is kind of odd that it would only do a claimed 9.2 seconds, when the original 4g93 GTI was posting 7.8 seconds brand new (Before the Siemens ECU). The weight is relatively the same. In fact the horsepower is more in the Lotus R3 Neo... weird.
Claimed weights.. as we know is open to intrepretation. weight as tested, such as those done by race teams are different to weights listed in brochures

And most SGTI owners know that 7.8 seconds couldn't be emulated. Do remember R3's original Satria R3 could only do an actual 8.7 seconds.

CAMPRO power delivery pales in comparison to 4G93 power delivery.

deacon

Senior master debater
May 5, 2005
KL
I did it in my SGTI premod :D

Yeah i know about proper engine break in could have helped ;)

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
I did it in my SGTI premod :D

Yeah i know about proper engine break in could have helped ;)
With proper Timing Gear and with corrected speedo? or with hand timing and based on the over reading std speedo? :hmmmm:

If it's the former, I'm impressed. If it's the latter , don't worry, many were fooled too :burnout:

deacon

Senior master debater
May 5, 2005
KL
Timing gear yes, proper timing gear no. Corrected speedo *shrug*, your guess would be as good as mine.

You know me, i'm as superficial as it gets. :D

speed7791

Sep 24, 2008
looks cool but seriously proton should come up with another version of 1.8 GTi instead. i seriously believe there is a strong demand in that category.

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
will be cool if they make sumthing like 100hp per liter...but overall i still love tat proton really has make a lot of improvement thru all these years

Jun 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Adian should adjust the mirror before driving...in the wet - bad example. Lesen dari mana weiii :biggrin: Impressive vid though. The part about airbags explains a lot!

It's just too bad a car with this engineering isn't available to the masses (of 150) as the SR3 was.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi ppl..i'm planning to convert my waja 1.6(m) to either evo 4-6...any recomandation where to convert??? i'm sorry to ask ..is it good to do the conversion at "cobra motor"???
any suggestion???..another question..for evo 4-6
izzit plug and play for my waja?? how bout the mounting??
do i need to do anything else to fit's in the engine??
please help!>!.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience