Adjustable Shocks

rev555

Known Member
Dec 30, 2007
ya..ok..d2..also did a nice setting..n not expensive too...rm3200

i just sold i set to my custermer..n feel nice ..not hard n not so soft..it at the mid..

spuzzle

500 RPM
Aug 23, 2005
Kuantan / Perth
ya..ok..d2..also did a nice setting..n not expensive too...rm3200

i just sold i set to my custermer..n feel nice ..not hard n not so soft..it at the mid..
heard that D2 tune for malaysian road and rm3200 sounds reasonable......thanks rev555

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007
I heard somebody say that ALL MONOTUBE based coil-overs / suspensions will encounter shaft looseness and sway from side to side, is that true ???

Bump: I heard somebody say that ALL MONOTUBE based coil-overs / suspensions will encounter shaft looseness and sway from side to side, is that true ???

spuzzle

500 RPM
Aug 23, 2005
Kuantan / Perth
I heard somebody say that ALL MONOTUBE based coil-overs / suspensions will encounter shaft looseness and sway from side to side, is that true ???

Bump: I heard somebody say that ALL MONOTUBE based coil-overs / suspensions will encounter shaft looseness and sway from side to side, is that true ???
shaft looseness? maybe after a period of usage.....not sure also.....any sifu's here can help?

dcloo

1,500 RPM
May 11, 2005
kl
this was really hard/stiff ABS
i have exprience on this brand just 2 days inside my car i took it out...
its good for track/drag but not for D.D car..

spuzzle

500 RPM
Aug 23, 2005
Kuantan / Perth
this was really hard/stiff ABS
i have exprience on this brand just 2 days inside my car i took it out...
its good for track/drag but not for D.D car..
dcloo, u mean D2 abs very hard/stiff?
if i not mistaken, older model D2 really stiff but D2 nowdays tuned for malaysian road ( malaysian citizens need to pay 50% tax only can get nicer better roads.....40% goes to their pockets and 10% for country development )

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
if the stock consider as stiff for some1 here, then there is no life to having a Type-R, just get a Vios better la...
Tein Flex(or Mono Flex) or Fightex FS shld b good for DD & some AD...
Gab(M) is damn kao sucks while the Titan r way too messy to adj. D2 got some good feedback from my customer who still love the EK...

spuzzle

500 RPM
Aug 23, 2005
Kuantan / Perth
if the stock consider as stiff for some1 here, then there is no life to having a Type-R, just get a Vios better la...
Tein Flex(or Mono Flex) or Fightex FS shld b good for DD & some AD...
Gab(M) is damn kao sucks while the Titan r way too messy to adj. D2 got some good feedback from my customer who still love the EK...
jineil, i m using gab on my satria n it's really stiff. using koni on my accord which is quite good with soft/hard but not available for dc5 unless we cut the stock shock to insert koni. my brother evo8 using hks hypermax which is horrible for me! lady driving dc most of the time so looking for a set of shocks more to comfort.

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
jineil, i m using gab on my satria n it's really stiff. using koni on my accord which is quite good with soft/hard but not available for dc5 unless we cut the stock shock to insert koni. my brother evo8 using hks hypermax which is horrible for me! lady driving dc most of the time so looking for a set of shocks more to comfort.
if the lady drivin the dc, then i've nothing to says, unless take a comfortable dumbass Camry to her might be....

hondafreak

500 RPM
Dec 6, 2004
kelana jaya
Visit site
i juz change my stock spring to Tein (maintain the original shocks). But after installed, kluk kluk sound appears and the sound definitely from the absorber part. i went to another shop in USJ and ask them to take out the spring and re-installed back. But the kluk kluk sound still there. I questioned the mech on this.. and he replied.. "Biasa maa.. DC5". I was like... hmmm... ok.
Anybody has experienced this or only me the unlucky ones? :(

subcon

1,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
Turn 5
i juz change my stock spring to Tein (maintain the original shocks). But after installed, kluk kluk sound appears and the sound definitely from the absorber part. i went to another shop in USJ and ask them to take out the spring and re-installed back. But the kluk kluk sound still there. I questioned the mech on this.. and he replied.. "Biasa maa.. DC5". I was like... hmmm... ok.
Anybody has experienced this or only me the unlucky ones? :(
i had the same problem but somehow the noise just disappeared after a few while

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Want to be among the first to own the Toyota 86? Well, better put down your orders down now as the bookings for the Subaru BRZ’s twin is now open! According to the indicative on-the-road price released by UWM Toyota Motor, the 2.0l FR machine’s price will be at RM 243,000 for the manual transmission, and an extra RM 6,000 if one fancies the automatic. But there’s no further word yet on whether there are any...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience