Engine Oil for high performance engine

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
im on it bro..so far so gud...
m7 10-40
how bout u?
I haven't tried it yet, bro. Just surveying around for the feedbacks before thinking to have a try on it. :itsme:

super fei lo

1,000 RPM
Sep 4, 2007
Re: Engine Oi for high performance engine

i have no idea what with it..
but jus add on 2 ur engine oil..
u will fell the different....
pm me if u wan...
gd gd rate for member

---------- Post added at 12:29 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:26 AM ----------

bro what oil stabilizer bro... sound interesting
i have no idea what with it..
but jus add on 2 ur engine oil..
u will fell the different....
pm me if u wan...
gd gd rate for member

gtm_maxwell

Known Member
Oct 13, 2005

I would said 5w40 or 10w40 Semi or fully... but as for brand i try few already with the same price, i think I will never use MOBIL again... for some personal exprience(which I was so supprise how come Mobil become like that when i install into my DC2(B18C)...nvm... try stick with 5w40 or 10w40 semi or fully.. i guess that is my choice..for me No More MOBIL

jj.v6

Known Member
Aug 30, 2009
johor baru

I would said 5w40 or 10w40 Semi or fully... but as for brand i try few already with the same price, i think I will never use MOBIL again... for some personal exprience(which I was so supprise how come Mobil become like that when i install into my DC2(B18C)...nvm... try stick with 5w40 or 10w40 semi or fully.. i guess that is my choice..for me No More MOBIL
mobil gold with grade 5/50 or 0/50 got too many additives...not gud for high speed or modded car..
will stat to get lesser by time if u use in performance car....
get 10/40 or 5/40..semi/fully will do...dont buy the normal fully syntetic..get performance oil-even semi is better than fully syntetic...
if ur car is very high hp etc 600 and above u should use 15/50

pangyau

1,000 RPM
Oct 17, 2009
Malaysia
hope this might help.

The downsides of such a thick oil (when not specified) are as follows:

Additional friction, heat and wear.
A reduction of BHP at the wheels
Lower fuel consumption

The thicker the oil is the more friction and drag and the more power the engine needs to move it around the engine which inevitably translates to less at the wheels.

Well, you will probably need 5W-50/10w-50/15W-50 but only in these circumstances.

1. If the car is heavily modded and heat/oil temperatures are excessive.
2. If the car is used on track and heat/oil temperatures are excessive.
3. If it's required by the handbook.

In a worst case scenario with thick oils (when not required) is that you will experience air entrainment and cavitation inside the bearings at high RPM. Not clever stuff!

I know this is technical stuff but oil is a combination of science and engineering and few people know enough about it to make an informed choice. Just because your mates use it and have had no problems is not a good enough reason to use it, your engine would prefer and benefit from the correct oil.

Collect the data from the website & very useful for me all these years...

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
engines nowadays are made with thin oil in minds, sum of the engines around may run on oil as thin as 0w20 grade, which by the way is eneos' latest oil grade for modern engines

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
Sorry to interrupt guys but exactly how do we measure the quality of the abovementioned engine oil ? Good engine oil = more powerful car? Sorry I'm just curious.

pangyau

1,000 RPM
Oct 17, 2009
Malaysia
Hello sb3,

Hope this link might help you to find the answer: Opie Oils Technical Info

Refer to: Comparing technical specifications

Refer to: A word of caution - you get what you pay for! (This article is something that all car owners should read and understand before buying oil )

Few other section also might guide me/you/others to choose.

Source from Opie oils website.

Good engine oil = more powerful car? (It doesn't make the car powerful, just optimize the machine to work at optimum range)

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
Hello sb3,

Hope this link might help you to find the answer: Opie Oils Technical Info

Refer to: Comparing technical specifications

Refer to: A word of caution - you get what you pay for! (This article is something that all car owners should read and understand before buying oil )

Few other section also might guide me/you/others to choose.

Source from Opie oils website.

Good engine oil = more powerful car? (It doesn't make the car powerful, just optimize the machine to work at optimum range)
Hey great info man, thanks..

SB3:itsme:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Can somebody tell me or show me how to mod Gen2? I only want the mod of body part not engine.. can Gen2 look more "GANAZ" want on the road... Show me laa abang-abang.. kakak-kakak..10q haa..... :biggrin:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience