Help!! myvi brake not makan la~ supension very soft??

jun_ng_1208

Known Member
Jul 2, 2008
Cheras
It depends on what you want actually...I'm using Honda EK brakes and it's enough for me already...unless you're having a 150++ bhp Myvi...if not then a Honda EK/Toyota AE brakes is suffice :)

angle-d5

Banned
Nov 20, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
ohhh i know that half cut ppl said install EK is already enough but think if i rebulid my K3-Vet to ultimate is not enough to brake geh~ change bigger better price only driffent rm30~rm80 only...

jun_ng_1208

Known Member
Jul 2, 2008
Cheras
ohhh i know that half cut ppl said install EK is already enough but think if i rebulid my K3-Vet to ultimate is not enough to brake geh~ change bigger better price only driffent rm30~rm80 only...
Have you got your K3VET already??If yes, then you wont be complaining about how the car is underpowered and stuff la...even if you have K3VET also, you don't need super duper BIG brakes...

angle-d5

Banned
Nov 20, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
bro i buy my 1st myvi is K3VET already... coz the fuel is like drinking water coz i am working as a real estate agent need travle very much everyday then i ask my mother buy another car... where i know my mom will buy standard myvi wor~ juz wanted to telling out the problem see how can slove only ma~

S_04

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
just replace ur brake with those nissan twin pot brake la....since the 1st year i drove my car , i already replace it...coz myvi stock brake suckz...

YellowFlash

Known Member
Sep 28, 2009
Jb
if its just a stock car, i believe changing stainless steel braided hose + better aftermarket pads will be sufficient and if it still isn't enough, get bigger slotted rotors... should be more than sufficient since the car is pretty light. Also do take note of your tires, they do affect stopping distant as well. If budget and road noise is not a concern, you can try the UHP tires like AD08, RE01R, hankook RS2. If you want something slightly cheaper, the hankook V12 you said is not bad or can try GR90(more towards comfort).

S_04

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
which nissan twin pot brake?
plug and play or need to modify?

im using nissan GTS33 front brake caliper and rotor...yes the pCD no the same skyline is 113.4 5 lug, so have to sent to machine shop to drill back pcd 100 4 lug....and must customize the braket.... i bought the GTS33 front completed set is only RM450+braket RM500 +endless 300degree brake pads RM350.00 is around 1k++ la.....jz change those good braided hose or good brake pads NO USE!.... myvi stock rotor is another problem...sooner or later u will have to change ur stock rotor...

---------- Post added at 10:15 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:10 AM ----------

Make sure ur rim offset is suitable for ur 4pot caliper brake...if not u have to customize wheel spacer....
im using :17" advan RG rim with Yokohama S-drive front
Nissan 4 pot caliper
Endless high degree pads

when go down hill like genting or bukit tinggi ...guaranted no fade at all........

YellowFlash

Known Member
Sep 28, 2009
Jb
im using nissan GTS33 front brake caliper and rotor...yes the pCD no the same skyline is 113.4 5 lug, so have to sent to machine shop to drill back pcd 100 4 lug....and must customize the braket.... i bought the GTS33 front completed set is only RM450+braket RM500 +endless 300degree brake pads RM350.00 is around 1k++ la.....jz change those good braided hose or good brake pads NO USE!.... myvi stock rotor is another problem...sooner or later u will have to change ur stock rotor...
i really don't think the brakes are that bad, i've driven the stock Myvi with stock brakes a few times from JB to KL without any problems. For normal street driving, braided hose and brake pads are more than sufficient...unless you like to tailgate car then even BBK might not be enough la cause it depends on driver's reaction.

---------- Post added at 10:21 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

and i forgot to add....just changing normal aftermarket street pads will do, changing to racing pads with high operating temperature will need warming up the pads and also it will eat the rotor away like what the other bro said..

S_04

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
my next project to make the brake better , is to install double layer or called double pump brake cylinder from nissan , and endless 500 degree pads, this will make more better......

im very concern about my car handling and braking system..
im not much care bout the power...if this 2 system is not good no matter how fast ur car is also no use...

YellowFlash

Known Member
Sep 28, 2009
Jb

---------- Post added at 10:15 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:10 AM ----------

Make sure ur rim offset is suitable for ur 4pot caliper brake...if not u have to customize wheel spacer....
im using :17" advan RG rim with Yokohama S-drive front
Nissan 4 pot caliper
Endless high degree pads

when go down hill like genting or bukit tinggi ...guaranted no fade at all........

if you are talking about down hill touges, then off course stock brakes with ssbh and pads may not be sufficient since the stock car isn't even mean for such abuse and like i said, high degree pads have their cons...at low temperature it might not bite and even cause accident..

S_04

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
i really don't think the brakes are that bad, i've driven the stock Myvi with stock brakes a few times from JB to KL without any problems. For normal street driving, braided hose and brake pads are more than sufficient...unless you like to tailgate car then even BBK might not be enough la cause it depends on driver's reaction.

---------- Post added at 10:21 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

and i forgot to add....just changing normal aftermarket street pads will do, changing to racing pads with high operating temperature will need warming up the pads and also it will eat the rotor away like what the other bro said..
is ur myvi stiil brand new????1st year or u drove for few yews d???
most of the myvi owner will complain bout the rotor...coz th estock rotor realli sucks.....easy to bent....my frens even changed 4 times b4 in perodua bout the rotor....so my fren also gave up and change after market rotor and caliper.....id ur car is still new..then i got nothing to say....wait till it happen then u know....im jz sharing hear...if u wanna compare..lets have a drink...i will let u test my 4 pot caliper....thats is wat i call brakes......if ori brembo at chop shop will reduce the price...long time ago im using evo or subaru brembo...

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

if you are talking about down hill touges, then off course stock brakes with ssbh and pads may not be sufficient since the stock car isn't even mean for such abuse and like i said, high degree pads have their cons...at low temperature it might not bite and even cause accident..

bro..i think u should study bout Endlees pads b4 u share ur story with us....
300 degree...is a instant braking pads..no need to warm up.......above 500 degree..onli u new to warm up.....

YellowFlash

Known Member
Sep 28, 2009
Jb
most of the myvi owner will complain bout the rotor...coz th estock rotor realli sucks.....easy to bent....my frens even changed 4 times b4 in perodua bout the rotor....so my fren also gave up and change after market rotor and caliper.....id ur car is still new..then i got nothing to say....wait till it happen then u know....im jz sharing hear...if u wanna compare..lets have a drink...i will let u test my 4 pot caliper....thats is wat i call brakes......if ori brembo at chop shop will reduce the price...long time ago im using evo or subaru brembo...
nah it isn't my car, it belongs to my brother in law(future), i drove it on a few different occasions, probably the 2nd or 3rd year but now the car been sold for quite a while...so i don't know how bad it could get after that...but basically it was stock with just 16" rims and nothing else...

---------- Post added at 10:40 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:36 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

bro..i think u should study bout Endlees pads b4 u share ur story with us....
300 degree...is a instant braking pads..no need to warm up.......above 500 degree..onli u new to warm up.....
bro, when you said high degree pads, it usually refers to racing pads aka high operating temp pads...300 degree is street pads, not high degree pad and thank you, i know that street pads don't need much warming up :), so maybe you should read your post before commenting about my replies

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello seniors,

I would just like your advice on clutch item.

If lets say we made a clutch replacement. I read an article that mentioned clutch "run in" at 1000km.
May I know what is it?

TQ.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience