DC5 R&H Data Collection

WAFS

500 RPM
Jan 2, 2005
Ampang
Guys, I'm collecting a few basic datas for our dc5 for the benefit of everyone...these datas will be used for my R&D especially on improving the ride & handling of our beloved car.
Example: Js Racing RCA can be used for cars lowering of 25mm from standard height...but what is the standard height? So, if we have the data it will be very useful.

For a start I would like to get a data on Trim Height of our standard DC5 with stock suspension and tyres 215/45/17. Trim Height is the distance between the wheel centre and the wheel arch. It's quite easy to measure just using a measuring tape, however, the condition of the car must be:
1. Car must be level on a flat surface like a 4-post lifter/hoist (if your house garage is flat also can)
2. Kerb weight (Full Tank Fuel)

Since I didn't take the measurement last time on my car, I would appreciate those who still with the stock condition to provide it. If you have lightened your car a bit thats okay since it's difficult to get bone stock car coz most of us sure mod it rite after getting the car.

I also attached 2 forms for everyone who's interested to use the forms for your own record. These are some of the forms I used last time when doing R&H development. The cross with arrow in the form is for us to write the FrontLeft/FrontRight/RearLeft/RearRight measurements. Pls use millimeters(mm).
(note: ground clearance of DC5 not from centre member but from our exhaust since thats the lowest point, the one in the form is for proton cars)

Those who is not in stock condition also can share your data here...many people can benefit from it too. Pls mention your suspension mod or even a short review would be nice.
If the ground is not level also can but pls mention where you park like your house, workshop or even on the beach :biggrin:

Thank You

Attachments

WAFS

500 RPM
Jan 2, 2005
Ampang
Hahaha, if I were a genius, my car would already beat the laptime of F1 cars at sepang :thefinger:

Bro...your last sentence a bit scary :hmmmm:

Anyway...how bout sharing the black mamba's trim height as a start...really appreciate it. I'll measure mine tomorrow coz my garage not level lah..

Sample format:
Trim Height (Condition: Kerb Weight[Full Fuel])
FL: ____
FR: ____
RL: ____
RR: ____
Current Suspension/Vehicle set-up: ____________________________________________________

WAFS

500 RPM
Jan 2, 2005
Ampang
Kerb weight is the condition of the car with full fuel...I'm not asking you to weight the car. No driver should sit in the car when you take the trim height. but make sure you fill up full fuel...this is kerb weight condition.

We all know the kerb weight is 1180kg...this weight is taken with full fuel inside the car.
This is the condition of the car when you want to measure the trim height.
So, don't put your golf bag inside the car when you measure coz it's not kerb weight anymore.

Last edited:

WAFS

500 RPM
Jan 2, 2005
Ampang
My car measurement...

Trim Height @ Kerb Weight
FL: 345mm
FR: 347mm
RL: 335mm
RR: 335mm
Current Suspension/Vehicle set-up: Tein Flex, Tyre size 235/45/17, Bodypart all stock
Note: Measured at RBR Autocare, Ampang. Surface not 100% flat.

So, this is my measurement. I'm not sure how much lowering it is from stock DC5. So, if anyone with stock set-up is welcome to share your measurements. For those not stock, feel free to share it here as well like I did. Then, after we got the stock car trim height, we'll know how much lowering your cars are from stock. Then only we go to next phase.

mark_15

Known Member
Oct 5, 2008
bro sorry for the delay, i 4got about it. hehe

anyway this is my bone stock DC5,

front: 14 inch

rear: 14 1/2 inch

p/s: with half tank of fuel in the tank, spare tire is intact.

good job farouk!

---------- Post added at 01:31 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:24 PM ----------

i removed the spare tire and the rear increase height by 1/2 an inch bro. The rear remain the same. I will try taking measurements when i have a full tank with and without spare tire.

WAFS

500 RPM
Jan 2, 2005
Ampang
Thank You Mark...it helps a lot. I'll convert your measurement in mm...

Front : 355.6 mm
Rear : 368.3 mm

---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

So, comparing my setting on 31/3 with your measurements...the differences are front 10mm and rear 33mm...ofcourse it's not back-to-back comparison coz of fuel and car model...but at least we have a basis...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Although we've gone over every nugget of info about Godzilla's engine, transmission and all-wheel-drive system, we haven't had the chance to check out all of the techy goodness that awaits the driver and his awe-struck passengers.

<object height="355" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/llFS2cOzENw&rel=1&border=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" height="355"...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience