Perdana V6 Community Forum *

trojan

500 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Madagascar
www.friendster.com
if u really want to save fuel than use kancil stock la...
i just got this 2 cars to compare....

if i got kancil, sure i said that will be much fuel saver...everyone in this forum knows the fact:smokin:

btw, i prefer my avanza for daily driving...less green house effect and much more safer than a kancil...:rofl:

jj.v6

Known Member
Aug 30, 2009
johor baru
i just got this 2 cars to compare....

if i got kancil, sure i said that will be much fuel saver...everyone in this forum knows the fact:smokin:

btw, i prefer my avanza for daily driving...less green house effect and much more safer than a kancil...:rofl:
1st fuel saving and now u talk about green house and safety...

this is a perdana v6 forum...
evryone ere know that these cars are frugal..so y bring this topic ere?my fault??
any way i get ur point....
all u trying to say is avanza is a better car bcoz,save fuel,less green house and safe..
or is it bcoz u drive avanza??:biggrin:

trojan

500 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Madagascar
www.friendster.com
as long it has 4 wheels, and it is a car...we are here to share experienced among each other...
doesn't matter which makes or brand...we have the same common interest :adore:

btw, it is just a joke in my earlier post comparing avanza and v6tt fuel consumption...

u don't have that humor sense lah jj....hahaha :thefinger:

jj.v6

Known Member
Aug 30, 2009
johor baru
dont finger me my frnd........
whr is ur humor sense when i say drive kancil???

anyway we r ere not to fight or quarrel...we r ere to share our xperience and knowledge..
sori trojan if i hurt u

kanan

500 RPM
Nov 12, 2005
KL
frens lets handshake. yesterday went for small gathering of perdana at kg gajah. I got some idea on improving the look of my stock gaban v6 :biggrin:. one of it is carbon fiber pattern spray. one fren do it on the spoiler, nice job done with cheap cost rm150. it's not sticker it's purely paint. maybe air brush one. but nice. it would be nice too to do on the front and back bonet.

---------- Post added at 04:03 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:54 PM ----------

regarding the engine bonet airducks i saw one small air duck used on mira. not noticeable at all. looking at the airduct, what happen when it rains? the water will kene all the throttle body and some if the wire socket rite?

mkdreamervl

Known Member
Jul 6, 2005
PJ
frens lets handshake. yesterday went for small gathering of perdana at kg gajah. I got some idea on improving the look of my stock gaban v6 :biggrin:. one of it is carbon fiber pattern spray. one fren do it on the spoiler, nice job done with cheap cost rm150. it's not sticker it's purely paint. maybe air brush one. but nice. it would be nice too to do on the front and back bonet.

---------- Post added at 04:03 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:54 PM ----------

regarding the engine bonet airducks i saw one small air duck used on mira. not noticeable at all. looking at the airduct, what happen when it rains? the water will kene all the throttle body and some if the wire socket rite?

I actually took some time to ponder your question kanan even though i dont have a V6TT yet :D . Yes it does seem that when it rains some water would definitely splash into ur engine bay with the scoop. Only thing i could think of to keep water out was to fabricate a cover inside the scoop vent, so when it rains u close it, when its not raining u open it, since when its raining u wont be whacking 180/kmh and outside temperature would be much cooler. Doesnt have to be complicated, just a metal which slides to close the opening. Regarding how to do it though... i have no idea... will need more imagining while bored at work. Good Luck.

jj.v6

Known Member
Aug 30, 2009
johor baru

got any picture of the carbon fiber pattern??upload some..we might join in together..can ask for more diskcount wat....ha ha ha..
about the air duck....u got any pictures taken??most of the air duck got this problem...air masuk to engine bay...but i heard they got something underneath as a drainage...not sure bout that...just let someone who using scoop answer that....
anyone pls........

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
kanan, u can use nissan pulsar scoop, a lot nicer looking on perdana.
and yes, like jj said, those ori scoop do have like a drainage, but still, water can get in but not much la.

IMHO, impreza scoop only looks good on an impreza.
those really nice impreza scoop looks fugly when put on ahbeng ricer!

BELALANG

Known Member
Jun 6, 2006
Aya...
Everyone want to show their rides jimat petrol ka.
Who want beat my TT fuel consumption?
Nowadays, she drink RM0.29/km of RON95
U do the math....

Hahaha......

---------- Post added at 11:28 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

Guys wake up!
U are getting more ludicrous in modding the car.

Turbo is supposed to be heat. No vent, air scoop or what so ever needed.
To ensure the rear turbine in TT always healthy is not the air, but the oil flow inside.
As alternative, u can use oil cooler to lower down the oil temperature not the scoop

Subaru/Mira is using TMIC, so they should use the scoop to letting the air to intercooler, not to the turbo itself. By putting a scoop on the SIMC/FMIC car, it will make more harm than good.

Why?
Chances for water to sneak inside is big.
Ok, what happen when u poor water on hot component like turbo. Do you think I can last forever, or easily crack in the future?
Same goes to the engine; it should working on certain temperature, not getting sudden shock by water.
Some more, TT/V6 engine ‘igniter’ is very sensitive and not suppose to be hit by water. The back cylinder is also covered by intake manifold and facing backward. Sometimes, you will not noticed about water float on rocker cover.
Also think about the dirt that may splash all over the engine bay

Got it?

kanan

500 RPM
Nov 12, 2005
KL
got it bro :). I think u got the point on the scoop. I was hesitated too to use the scoop especially when it rains.but thinking of cooling the back snail, that scoop came across. yes metal when heated suddenly cooled with water splash will cause harm then good. i think oil cooler it's practical one, why i didn't think of that :headbang:. well that's the use of forums rite getting lots of view points.

any suggestion what type of oil cooler to get? pajero one with fans good? can our standard oil pump handle the oil cooler? i mean in terms of pumping it will work harder to make sure the oil gets up since putting the cooler coil would introduce additional internal resistance for the fluid to flow.

jj i'll look for a picture of the fren car. coz i didn't bring my own camera during that time. i was thinking the fiber paint with white body, tinted black and 18" vip rims. hehehe

trojan

500 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Madagascar
www.friendster.com
slightly jack up your front-end bonnet will release some heat...don't have to worries about water leaking down or whatsoever...cheap and workable...my temp consistent even during jam & hot sunny weather...

but if you have the resources, can custom made like Evo X front bonnet...with 2 ventilation and 1 scoop in the middle for the rear turbo...might cost u less than 1k plus paint...

---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

any suggestion what type of oil cooler to get? pajero one with fans good? can our standard oil pump handle the oil cooler? i mean in terms of pumping it will work harder to make sure the oil gets up since putting the cooler coil would introduce additional internal resistance for the fluid to flow.
stock v6tt got water-to-oil cooler installed at the rear engine block...should be enuff for normal road going car...

if you plan to have a high revving engine, then only u can consider installing an oil cooler...just like a performance engine does...

ps: sorry if i give wrong information...i'm just small potatoo only...don't have much experienced with cars

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Oner Electronics Technology Limited
Oner is a professional company in offering GPS tracking solutions. We are one step ahead in hardware development and integration, also focusing on security solution and web tracking system, being exclusively a GPS research and development company and manufacturers of covert vehicle tracking systems, GSM tracking, GPS tracking, GSM/GPS tracking, fleet tracking, and real time tracking, personal security, vehicle security, home security. It is an low-cost...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience