A32 - Coil Dying? How to Know Which One?

ctk22

Known Member
Jan 30, 2006
my problem has somehow minimised.

Actually, the problem that causing the jerkiness is the air filter box leaking!

U see, there's a small hose running from the air filter box to the "fuel distributor" (correct my terms if wrong). The PVC connector protrusion out of air filter box was torn during my previous air cond services (change piping). The mech just use some bitumen to seal it back. During high speed cruising for long hours, i think the some void developed at the torn part, and therefore air went in. This affected the smoothness of the engine, and as the void develops, the engine jerkiness become worse.

U can try to take off the pipe in idling. The engine will die off immediately.

It's the leakage on the torn connector that's causing the problem, not the coil.

ctk22

Known Member
Jan 30, 2006
i'm not sure whether that's called fuel distributor, but it's near the firewall, on top of the fuel filter. there are a few small metal pipes connected to it.

Last edited:

doraemon98

Known Member
Feb 3, 2010
Penang
i'm not sure whether that's called fuel distributor, but it's near the firewall, on top of the fuel filter. there are a few small metal pipes connected to it.
Aiya bro... snap some pics la. After cabut the wrong one susah.

ctk22

Known Member
Jan 30, 2006
haha... sorry la... I'm currently outstation without the car. Will snap some pics once get back to KL.

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
:confused::confused::confused: Is it the fuel rail??

ctk22

Known Member
Jan 30, 2006
well... something related to fuel la... will snap photo tomolo...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Car got smashed in Cheras, 2.30am , took my Sony CD player and remote control. Did not touch the coin box nor the Touch n Go card ....... geez, gonna scout for new cd player now, damn them !

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v513/digitax/DSC00840.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v513/digitax/DSC00839.jpg...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience