RSR Springs for DC5 - Facelift

GTI4740

Known Member
Dec 3, 2003
Visit site
Hi Guys,

Need to find out from the sifus. Where can I get my hands on RSR springs? Any dealers or shops selling it.

thanks..

Hizam..

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007
at the risk of sounding stooopid ..... what are RSR springs???

GTI4740

Known Member
Dec 3, 2003
Visit site
at the risk of sounding stooopid ..... what are RSR springs???
Bro Vagabond, check this out..

Online Store - RS-R USA

Came across this website. right now I am looking for cheaper solution to lower the center of gravity first. Later on only go for coilover. So changing to after market springs will be the most logical choise.

WAFS

500 RPM
Jan 2, 2005
Ampang
Hizam, you can try autoequipe car shop at IOI Business Park, Puchong...they sell rs-r springs.

GTI4740

Known Member
Dec 3, 2003
Visit site
WAFS, thanks for the fir bro.. Will check out on Monday and prolly intsall it straight away.

Prasath,
Right now I can't afford it yet. Just settle for spring and do everything else first. Maybe in 3 to 4 months time then I I'll buy a coilovers. See how my $$ looks like .. so many things to do and so lil $$ in the pocket.. :frown:

WAFS

500 RPM
Jan 2, 2005
Ampang
Hizam, in addition to the lowering spring, you can lower your centre of gravity by using spacers for the wheels to increase track width. Same goes with wheels with different offset than stock.

Massive_InfusioN

Known Member
Jan 18, 2006
Selangor
Hizam, in addition to the lowering spring, you can lower your centre of gravity by using spacers for the wheels to increase track width. Same goes with wheels with different offset than stock.
Farouk, I've bumped to this video of Dc5 going downhill & uphill roads, but using a different setup of tyre width for front and back, it uses 235 front and original 215 for rear. What is the advantage of this setup?

WAFS

500 RPM
Jan 2, 2005
Ampang
Farouk, I've bumped to this video of Dc5 going downhill & uphill roads, but using a different setup of tyre width for front and back, it uses 235 front and original 215 for rear. What is the advantage of this setup?
The purpose is to have more front grip at the front while more tendency for rear yaw(oversteer) at the back which makes the car more tucks in/turn in at mid-corner. In other words, it will eliminate understeer when going downhill or in the wet. Just the driver need to be careful when the rear tails out upon throttle lift-off.
This is a good set-up only if you can manage to counter oversteer when the rear tails out. As quoted by veteran race driver (I forgot the name), 'an oversteer car is a fast car'.

Last time on track, I'm using 235 at front&rear and for next track day is thinking of using 225 at the back. 215 never crossed my mind coz even when I'm using 235, my car set-up is slightly towards oversteer. So, I hope with 235 front and 225 back, it will be more oversteer at every corner so I can steer the car with just steering input. But if I were to put 215 at the back, I'm afraid it will be too much oversteer.
So, basically, whatever set-up it must be balanced...not too much in any way and depends on individual liking. It must be progressive understeer & oversteer at the limit. Even some race drivers cannot drive on an oversteer car while some love it.

Last edited:

WAFS

500 RPM
Jan 2, 2005
Ampang
A good handling balance must have good roll control front & rear, balanced understeer/oversteer characteristics on selected corner, engine power matched with handling set-up. Good roll control in terms of roll rate and roll angle.

Like the set-up 235/215 mentioned, the car must have a powerful engine...for a FWD car with powerful engine, the car has tendency to understeer, so to counter this thats why it needs a oversteer set-up to counter this. Maybe they already tried with damper setting and geometry to get oversteer but still can't settle the understeer thats why they use the 215 at the back.

subcon

1,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
Turn 5
@wafs

its good to have you onboard. your knowledge on the subject and your willingness to share it is indeed very much appreciated

WAFS

500 RPM
Jan 2, 2005
Ampang
@wafs

its good to have you onboard. your knowledge on the subject and your willingness to share it is indeed very much appreciated
Okay...Thank You.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i found a EVO 3 half cut in JB.......but the ECU inside not 2364 is 2368????
so anybody can tell me ,the 2368 is belong to which model????
thanks alot....
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience