Fire sound from exhaust

NeniNeniBoBo

Known Member
Jan 8, 2009
Bro, gonna need some help here. My car was run around 100-120km/h, sometime i can hear my exhaust got sound like fire comes out like (boop boop). Normally this happen during 3rd and 4th gear. Is it got any problem?

V-Spec

Nov 28, 2003
Just burning off excess fuel. Fire = cool. :biggrin:

NeniNeniBoBo

Known Member
Jan 8, 2009
Just burning off excess fuel. Fire = cool. :biggrin:
Ya, sound very cool, can used to BBQ next time, hehehe:-)

---------- Post added at 09:19 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:16 AM ----------

NNB...mine too. It could be the timing retard. I got mine fixed...well, reduced sort of.

I mentioned about it here:
What have I done?: Second Service
Thanks bro for your info :biggrin: Btw bro, how he solved the fire problem? By changing the timing belt? If yes, I'll do that straight away for my next service.

Last edited:

NeniNeniBoBo

Known Member
Jan 8, 2009
Bro, sometime when start the engine, the "turbo" display on the mfd not working even u rev it, then will hear some rattling sound at turbo side. Anyway, after have some run, the "turbo" will recover to work and sound disappear. One more thing is, what figure is a normal fuel press is?

Blood Red

500 RPM
Jul 28, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Ya, sound very cool, can used to BBQ next time, hehehe:-)

---------- Post added at 09:19 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:16 AM ----------

Thanks bro for your info :biggrin: Btw bro, how he solved the fire problem? By changing the timing belt? If yes, I'll do that straight away for my next service.
NNB, he just adjusted the timing using the strobe light and a screw driver hahahahahaha...but no, u don't need to change the belt. However, he did say that over time the belt will expand and even if it expands a little bit, it will affect the timing.

hope that helps.

NeniNeniBoBo

Known Member
Jan 8, 2009
NNB, he just adjusted the timing using the strobe light and a screw driver hahahahahaha...but no, u don't need to change the belt. However, he did say that over time the belt will expand and even if it expands a little bit, it will affect the timing.

hope that helps.
Thank you so much bro Azmir!! I'll fix it for next service.

---------- Post added at 12:06 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:06 PM ----------

Sounds like trouble to me...
You got the same problem like me?

DarkChild

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
Bro, sometime when start the engine, the "turbo" display on the mfd not working even u rev it, then will hear some rattling sound at turbo side. Anyway, after have some run, the "turbo" will recover to work and sound disappear. One more thing is, what figure is a normal fuel press is?
Boost not reading on MDF? I have that problem too. On a cold start, sometimes the MFD doesn't read the boost. After driving for a while, it will read again.

---------- Post added at 03:20 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:18 PM ----------

what about fuel problem? u guys using 97 or 99?
97 or 99? Only 95 or 97 RON here in the Klang Valley.

NeniNeniBoBo

Known Member
Jan 8, 2009
Pump ron97 at 1st month of getting my gtr bcoz not so well in control in twin plate clutch and the nearest petrol station only provide ron95 & 97. After that only pump in v power racing at mrr2.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

In order to give a new dimension to the esteemed brand Caltex and boost the commercial prospects of Chevron- one of its leading products, Caltex has come up with its new line of brand campaign. The brand’s Marketing Support Manager, Faizal Abdul Samad while briefing the media on its new line of strategy reiterated the all round support extended to the development of the leading brand...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience