audio problem

yewming

Known Member
Aug 24, 2008
i have the same issue.. it relates to the front left speaker and only happens under braking. the 350z forums in the US seems to indicate that this is a known issue with the bose head unit... so unfortunately, it means replacing the head unit... not sure if any of them had it repaired and what was done though...

Techno350Z

Known Member
Sep 25, 2009
penang
I asked a audio shop...that guy say have to chg the player because the player got problem worr...izzit???

ysl

Known Member
Oct 23, 2009
B'worth/Penang
I add a dedicated amplifier (not expensive type) to my previous Z, the woofer sounds good with ori player.

Techno350Z

Known Member
Sep 25, 2009
penang
YSL,U having the left speaker problem b4???Can help me???I fucking hate when i put my trance song and suddenly left speaker without sound...Anyway,I'm Penang kia...got any recomanded audio system shop can solve my problem???thanks....

ysl

Known Member
Oct 23, 2009
B'worth/Penang
Technically speaking one side speaker having consistency issue should be relate to wiring problem. I think all accessories shop can fix the issue.

I stay in butterworth, I only know shop in butterwoth.

Techno350Z

Known Member
Sep 25, 2009
penang
Technically speaking one side speaker having consistency issue should be relate to wiring problem. I think all accessories shop can fix the issue.

I stay in butterworth, I only know shop in butterwoth.
Hopefully is wiring problem...U still using Bose Player???

ysl

Known Member
Oct 23, 2009
B'worth/Penang
Hopefully is wiring problem...U still using Bose Player???
I have sold that Z, then bought a another base model manual transmission Z for track purpose only. My new Z use normal JVC player and simple speaker, no woofer.

My previous Bose player is great, never give me me problem. I have a suggestion for you. If you don't like the existing Bose player, you do not need to remove it, because fixing other player on the dashboard maybe ugly. Actually you can add another player to the Bose player. New player will be fixed in the navigator DVD bay, behind driver seat. You can use this new player to play song and watch movie on the stock LCD screen. You can get local radio channel as well with new player. Volume control remain on the steering and other function managed by remote control of new player.

Stock Bose player will not removed and it still can function like normal. Navigator DVD player relocate to somewhere nearby the woofer.

gomez

Known Member
Jul 9, 2009
fixing another player on the dvd bay? hmm sounds like a good idea..any recommendations for the player?

Techno350Z

Known Member
Sep 25, 2009
penang
I have sold that Z, then bought a another base model manual transmission Z for track purpose only. My new Z use normal JVC player and simple speaker, no woofer.

My previous Bose player is great, never give me me problem. I have a suggestion for you. If you don't like the existing Bose player, you do not need to remove it, because fixing other player on the dashboard maybe ugly. Actually you can add another player to the Bose player. New player will be fixed in the navigator DVD bay, behind driver seat. You can use this new player to play song and watch movie on the stock LCD screen. You can get local radio channel as well with new player. Volume control remain on the steering and other function managed by remote control of new player.

Stock Bose player will not removed and it still can function like normal. Navigator DVD player relocate to somewhere nearby the woofer.
I aiming for 2Din-player like Kenwood or Clarion wif GPS modem and replace wif my Bose Player because Bose player dun have USB and just a 6CD chg....izzit ok???

ysl

Known Member
Oct 23, 2009
B'worth/Penang
I aiming for 2Din-player like Kenwood or Clarion wif GPS modem and replace wif my Bose Player because Bose player dun have USB and just a 6CD chg....izzit ok???
Is up to you, but you need to know, after replacing the stock Bose player, your dashboard will not look as smooth as stock condition. Furthermore your volume control on the steering will no longer working. I suppose your 2din player come with LCD display, if that is the case, you have 2 LCDs on your car. If you ask me I will say this is a waste because since stock LCD can be connected to additional player, then why install another.

There is a small AMP in your rear boot for your Bose woofer and speakers (diagram attached). I not sure it actually work directly with the woofer or go throw Bose player. I have 94 pages AV diagram of 350z, it is very complicated and seems like the player connected to so many things. I guess the shop technician will not understand how the wires are connecting to each other and they will not spend time to investigate. Normally what the shop will do is to ignore whatever they don't understand and lay a new set of wire to connect to you speakers and woofer, of course, bypass stock AMP and other electronic instruments. They may ask you to get a new AMP as well.

Furthermore, the LCD fix at player area will have glare problem. Stock LCD display position and angle has been calculated in such way to reduce the ratio of luminance between the task and the source of glare.

Attachments

Techno350Z

Known Member
Sep 25, 2009
penang
Is up to you, but you need to know, after replacing the stock Bose player, your dashboard will not look as smooth as stock condition. Furthermore your volume control on the steering will no longer working. I suppose your 2din player come with LCD display, if that is the case, you have 2 LCDs on your car. If you ask me I will say this is a waste because since stock LCD can be connected to additional player, then why install another.

There is a small AMP in your rear boot for your Bose woofer and speakers (diagram attached). I not sure it actually work directly with the woofer or go throw Bose player. I have 94 pages AV diagram of 350z, it is very complicated and seems like the player connected to so many things. I guess the shop technician will not understand how the wires are connecting to each other and they will not spend time to investigate. Normally what the shop will do is to ignore whatever they don't understand and lay a new set of wire to connect to you speakers and woofer, of course, bypass stock AMP and other electronic instruments. They may ask you to get a new AMP as well.

Furthermore, the LCD fix at player area will have glare problem. Stock LCD display position and angle has been calculated in such way to reduce the ratio of luminance between the task and the source of glare.
About the AMP,the seller told me before that Z33 inside got small AMP and maybe have to spend some time to check wheater our AMP can support for new player like Kenwood or wat so it sounds like calling me to chg another AMP too and i have no experince about ICE so I just tell him I will consider about it first...The steering volume control is ok wif me even this function dun have and i wanna chg a 2-din player LCD type but i still worry about their skill...U got any pro shop for Z33???Butterworth oso nvm...I will go and check it out...YSL,u know Sunrise at Gurney there rite?Got 1 audio shop named AcousticEdge,izzit ok if i take my car go there for service or upgrade???

gomez

Known Member
Jul 9, 2009
u can try that autogadget shop in damansara..looks good to me..am thinking of installing mine there

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

There are a few things to do to when trying to diagnose a misfire. All vehicles are different, but there are a few places to start.
1)If possible use an OBDII scanner on newer vehicles. The misfire counter function can help you determine which cylinder is behaving badly. Clearly this is not an option for all people and vehicles though.

Note)Even without engine scanners you can identify which cylinder is causing a dead misfire. Carefully disconnect one spark plug at a time. If the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience