ZTH Kepong Area's TT

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
SF,

You should change the springs as well at the first place if you have this plan because you should know how troublesome to take out the springs, right? Especially the rear where the suspension is below the seats, many work has to be done. Then after that, have to adjust the camber and do alignment / balancing. I experienced before, spent whole day in the shop for installation + tuning the height + adjust front cambers (9th Gen don't have rear cambers for your info) + alignment balancing.

BLANk

1,500 RPM
Dec 28, 2007
Sardine
www.zerotohundred.com
Supra_Fanatics:
frm this statement:
I'm not sure leh...the mech told me and recommend me the sports and comfort type of GAB then i just say okay lar but what model gua tak tau lar...

ahhh shyttt~~~

now only knw that u are a super damn rich bugger....

mamat kaya mmg x sama punyer...apa2 pun okay lar...:thefinger:

TitanRev:
no no...me still fresh graduate...very new in the field...i cakap cakap pandai only...:biggrin:

yeehau86:
aiyo bai....don't make it so complicated...let him try this kinda setup 1st...let him feel it...hehe

btw,he just wanna remain comfort and a lil better handling and stability of the car...

oh ya...customer won't troublesome 1...just the technician will be the one who troublesome...buka pasang...pasang buka...:smokin:

Last edited:

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
Agree with you, bai..he mod without knowing the product details, might give ppl potong also dunno. As chinese say "sell flower who don't praise their flower wangi?" :rofl:

no lah, just want to help him save money, especially on the labour cost. Not to mention also save time, no need to wait there few hours doing the same thing.

BLANk

1,500 RPM
Dec 28, 2007
Sardine
www.zerotohundred.com
yeehau86:
that's why im saying he is a rich mamat lo...:rofl:

no worry la...him will learn...just need some time...btw,we also need to guide him too...but not those soft type of guide...but char him...more effective...i think he will learn quickly by this way...:biggrin:

kazukimy

500 RPM
Jul 14, 2006
KL/Pahang
devil-home.blogspot.com
SF - ur Altis..1.8 de rite?well in my opinion lar,since is below 2.0,either u go for CAI or Drop in,will be better,can feel more..dunno abt open pod,as i dun remember where i read,tat open pod is 'helpful' only when ur car is 2.0 and above(without CAI intake)..if u wan open pod,mode a CAI ram kit to divert air to it...i been searching around for open pod filter,lastly choose Apexi,nice stuff,got it cheap...and is maintainance free,hehe..can feel slight change from 2k rpm to above...coz i din mod CAI as need to drill hole in the body....go for cheap cheap stuff 1st...1st stage modification...hehe

mizunori77

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2006
SF, i have a few questions.

1. is your car warranty over? do remember that your warranty is void when u modify things during the warranty period.

2. what do you want from your car? how long will you keep your car? if you're going to sell it off within 3 years, i suggest you dont waste money to modify. better save the money for other things or if you buy a performance car, you can use the money to modify it.

3. we all love cars. we all like to change this and modify that. it seems that you have changed your suspension and then now only you get to know more info about suspension from TR and others. sorry to say, this is a very stupid way of modifying.

its best that you do your research before you buy something. some feedback and comments may not be what you wanted to hear but its actually for your own good. the seniors here learned it the hard way and also wasted money. if you're not prepared to listen and learn, then you're just wasting money and time.

we can't really stop you if you wanna modify your intake and exhaust but seriously, there are things that you just don't need to waste money on, like steel-braided lines for your brakes. if you're worried you can't stop in time, check your brake oil regularly, make sure your brake pads are ok, make sure your tires have grip and are in the right pressure. first of all, do you even know why a car requires steel braided brake lines? dont just buy things because there's a good review of the product.

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
very kek sui here....altis Q&A

kazukimy

500 RPM
Jul 14, 2006
KL/Pahang
devil-home.blogspot.com
evoz - u oso mau insert Q for evo?but den u ady taiko,no need bah,hehe,anyway how is ur evo ady?still ok bor?

mizu - aiya bro,ady too late,he ady change the suspension ady..but GAB,almost all the comment i got is kinda hard,wonder how is his car like nw,anyway usually for toyota lar..mostly camry i saw them change eibach de

*raise hand for the steel braised brake line question*..answer ady can get Malai mee?hungry nw...feel like going to kuchai lama to eat dimsum...mizu,if i answer correctly,dimsum is on u ah..ok?set?

SF - anyway bro,u ady change,no worry,use it 1st,slowly lar...mizu din try to erm..pour cold water,juz tat try to ask more b4 deciding,mayb the suspension really nice,coz mayb ur mech knw ur car well and knw the characteristic on how u drive the car..no sweat...well always better to ask,coz ask in forum no need money mah,wakaka...like me..last time oso juz keep asking,luckily they din say i 'fan' and learn from my mech when he repair my car..haha...cheers

mizunori77

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2006
evoz : still play internet? later kena marah from your home minister leh... :rofl:

kazu : come for tt la, i blanja u makan... no need to answer question wan :rofl: but u must bring ur laptop, i still haven't the copy latest songs from u... i lazy to dl... :rofl:

kazukimy

500 RPM
Jul 14, 2006
KL/Pahang
devil-home.blogspot.com
evoz : still play internet? later kena marah from your home minister leh... :rofl:

kazu : come for tt la, i blanja u makan... no need to answer question wan :rofl: but u must bring ur laptop, i still haven't the copy latest songs from u... i lazy to dl... :rofl:
evoz get paper liao de,but if he dun reply means he kena sound ady,and go to slp ady...

lolz...songs,nw i oso din download new de ady,stuck at there..but got movies,kinda alot..wakaka,but den cant attend TT until june,mayb JULY will join,coz exam in june,den saturday got class..wakaka...sorry,tat why i can only chui sui here..wakaka:rofl:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
TitanRev:
I have to say that I have to kau tow to all sifus here lo I learnt most of the stuffs and mods from u guys and have been very patient with me :adore:

yeehau86:
Thanks for advise and sharing ur experience bro. I was told by brother BLANk not to change the springs that would lower my ride height as it may cause serious damage and absorbers will 'kong' easily and other things that is related since is a famliy car, BLANk advise me to just stick to OEM ones. Thanks for trying to help me save some money bro...:adore:

Kazukimy:
I don't plan to mod much on this car, just mod some easy and affordable stuffs to just get some experience and learn a bit nia...cuz by just reading, I know i won't be able to know much compare with experiencing the whole modification process itself. That way I will learn faster. U mean Apexi's Open Pod? To me the GAB suspension that I changed was not that stiff, was just nice for me. nor too hard or too soft. Just ngam ngam hao...i know bro mizu not pouring cold water lar...I know he is advising me base on what he knows and experienced before...actually everyone here did. Thanks a lot :adore:

BLANk:
Bro thanks for calling and advise me earlier today on the springs. Appreciate it. Me not kaya lar...kaya I dun need to try mods on my family's car lo...family's car no matter how, mods are restricted and limited levels of mods can be done. Yes, I just looking for absorbers that will not sacrifice much on comfort and improves a little on handling and stability like u said. So, when he recommend what I told him that I wanted at least something that improves handling or sports a lil but will not sacrifice much on comfort. So, he recommended this series lo. Btw, is red colour. :adore:
Me always kena zha still wanna zha meh...but i guess it works though lolz! :rofl:

Mizunori77:

1.Yes bro, my car warranty has passed its warranty period. That's why only dare to touch a bit la bro.

2. I did thought of it before that, I might not be driving this car forever as it belongs to my family and I have thought of buying my own car and mod instead but a performance car, I have calculated, I might only be able to afford at the age of 30 :banghead:
Which is why I guess why I'm so eager to lay my hands on modifications. I wanna learn more and experience the feeling and due the period of time that I will only be able to afford one, which in return I guess makes me being so impatient about it. :banghead:

3. Ya, I admit it is silly to change certain parts for performance parts really knowing that particular product. Yes bro, I'm on all ears now. I'm willing to be zha more by tai kors here in order to learn. Is a smaller price to pay rather than wasting few hundred bucks. Yes, certain things may not be what i wanted to hear but I know u bros are just trying to help and advise through your experiences.

If I'm not mistaken from what I read, braided brake hose would improves the braking distance and time of braking? I guess, from a stock car and not much mod. A stock braking system is good enough to brake in time from what u mean I suppose. Actually how do we see whether our brake pads are still in good condition bro? If the brake disc is a bit rusty, is it still useable?

I understand now bro...really thanks for your time on explaining to me. I guess I must belanja everyone a plate of Malai mee adi for teaching me. :rofl: :adore: :adore: :adore:

fstr

7,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert
ST: Thanks bro, I got to take this down. Airflow is it those air filter like the K&N Dryflow Air Filter those type of filter? Extractor once a fren told me to go for hot bits if possible and if got budget then get the whole set but I heard is expensive...but is more like a plug and play only.

I'm guessing chassis stiffening is stabilizer bars? Tyres, changed, Suspension changed except for the springs...got to go step by step...:banghead:
i use 1 month to adjust my suspension setup :thefinger:

very kek sui here....altis Q&A
lets start a mitsu Q&A :rofl:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Yep, it’s another horrific Ferrari accident, this time involving a F355. From the looks of it, seems that the driver of the Skoda Superb slammed into the rear end of the Ferrari literally splitting the F355 into two pieces. As you can see in the images below, the F355’s rear-end (including the V8 powertrai) is located several feet away from the main body!

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience