Dashboard scratches

zackdihaw

Sep 23, 2006
Guys.....My dashboard is starting get all scratched up, especially on the edges of the hard plastic. Got all sticky like there's some gum sticking on its surface. The more u wipe, the more its spreading....Any DIY solutions? or should i see a pro doing interior restoration? or should i just repaint it....Need suggestions....

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
i'm guessing yours is the earlier batch (98/99), right?
try refer this back-dated thread -> click me
alternately u can pm bro aycy as he also faced the same prob last time, but i think settled.

Bl@cK-TeZZ@

500 RPM
Apr 15, 2006
Definitely not the earlier 98/99 batch...It's the 02 onwards dashboard that has some rubbery type material.Due to our hot and humid Wx here, it's not that suitable.

zackdihaw

Sep 23, 2006
yup...mine is the 2002 model....looks like in some places its melting under the sun.....touch the surface you leave your fingerprint. the more u try to take it away it becomes worse. i think better to repaint it...but not sure how shop will charge for this job. quite difficult to take off the dash fro the car i guess.....ill try to ask around and see how much itll cost me and share with u guys...until then....

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
repainting and re-treatment could set u from rm500~rm700 onwards.
or
u can order new dashboard from japan via winghin, a few K...

zackdihaw

Sep 23, 2006
thanks guys....went to a bodywork shop and the tauke said 'no worry..small problem la....' and he was working on a benz having the same problem....all scratchy and melting. he'll repaint it.... a two days work, and the pricing is quite reasonable. crossing my fingers...

ryonan

Known Member
Aug 13, 2004
Anyone know whether this issue was resolved?- by painting lah, not replacement with new.

If so, where and how much?

Thanks!

Greytezza

1,000 RPM
Feb 6, 2007
Truly Asia
Wah bro Ryonan..long time no see....dont tell me you have the melting dashboard problem with your car??

ryonan

Known Member
Aug 13, 2004
hahaha...ada lah bro.
in fact i was at Trial a few weeks ago to service my car. That weekend william and geng has racing at sepang. I notice Trial have a lot of new workers. good thing the old guys are still around.

i have the melting dashboard problem since i bought the car. but never got the chance to fix it as someone else is driving the car. i did scout around about a year ago and the shop quoted me about 1.4k plus i have to leave the car for 10 days. so even more la i dun want to fix it...haha..

Greytezza

1,000 RPM
Feb 6, 2007
Truly Asia
For 1.4K..u can get a good used console from halfcut or auction yahoo.....no need to leave yr car for 10 days...
Or maybe you can ask William ..he might be able to help you find a used dashboard...

Last edited:

AE111_SEG

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2005
Putra Heights
Bro,
Have you tried asking Carbi Decor in Puchong. next to Tesco.
I heard the can restore the dashboard. Not sure how much. ?

I may drop by this weekend . My dashbord also scratched and some parts are melting.
2002 to 2005 model have a rubberised layer on the dash which will melt if parked in sun for long period or if you use chemical like Amorall to clean.

To remove the sticky stuff I used Soft 99 metal clean. Clean up the airbag pretty nicely.
Didnt want to bother to do the rest of the dash. I will get the dash fully resprayed flat black..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi Guys i'm driving a Honda Stream. Last day i go to JC Motorsport ask bout the crank pulley. They quoted me 600 only the pulley haven't include the belt n installation fees.... Is that too expensive??? after install this stuff will got any side effect??? jus recomend by Spore fren n i totally dunno its function.... Any Master can help me????

Thank u Beri Muchy....
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience