Water temperature problem

NeniNeniBoBo

Known Member
Jan 8, 2009
Bro, is the fan clutch is only the "clutch" place in front of the fan? Is it applicable to radiator fan and A/C fan too? Or fan clutch is the "whole fan"??? Sorry this is my 1st time touch with this item....

Btw, just now(night 11.30pm) drove my gtr out to refill petrol, water/oil temperature is normal, is about 78-85C with 100-120kmh, and idle will raise up to 88C(A/C on), thus I start to wonder maybe yesterday my water temperature is cause by hot weather. However, i'll go change to aftermarket thermostat next week and see how.

Anyway, would any bro here mind to state your ride water/oil temperature while idling for 20-30min? I'll very appreciate for your input here. Thanks a lot bro.

Last edited:

naklaju

Known Member
Jul 17, 2005
Rawang
Better check the fan first.for me is to do the most cheap thing first.my ride will only go max 87'c the most (coolant and billion thermostat 65'c)

NeniNeniBoBo

Known Member
Jan 8, 2009
Better check the fan first.for me is to do the most cheap thing first.my ride will only go max 87'c the most (coolant and billion thermostat 65'c)
Bro, 87C when running or idling? Daytime or night?

DarkChild

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
Wah, naklaju. Your temperatures are so low! *laughs* You must take a very long time to warm up. Does your car even get up to temperature. :biggrin:

---------- Post added at 06:10 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:07 AM ----------

NeniNeniBoBo,
100c is a bit too high for comfort. Lot's of people have already mentioned what I would have said. Do you have an oil cooler? It's not a bad idea to invest in one too.... but get it sorted before you get one. Prevention of a disaster is always better than a cure.

Dr.D

500 RPM
Aug 28, 2005
Petaling Jaya
yup abit high... mine in the morning cruising around 62 celcius.. if stuck in jam almost 100 celsius.. if idle can go up to 110 celcius..,, planning to change to electric fan.... dude what ecu are u running? is ur ignition timing high at low rpm?

HKS-GT2835R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2004
kelate
Visit site
I think the operating water temp shouldn't run so high, that's around boiling point!
pardon me, non-skyline owner interrupting. interesting topic ler.
planning to git me a GTR soon oso :biggrin:

on a turbocharged german conti water temp is only at 90 degrees, no more, no less. lesser than that the car really runs like crap.

water boils @ 100 celsius is correct, if you're boiling it using a kettle :biggrin:
the radiator cap increases that boiling point effectively by applying a lot of pressure, depends on the max pressure stated on the rad cap. factory radiator caps typically increase the cooling-system pressure by 0.9bar or so.. and that alone raise the effective boiling point to about 6 degrees celsius higher (means frm factory the boiling point is higher,at about 106 degrees celsius if pressure is 0.9bar) so if you guys use higher pressure rad cap, it needs more than 105 degrees to actually boil the coolant ler.

that, if you guys use water as radiator coolant la..
you guys use mahal punya coolant lagi la susah mau boil maa... :smokin:

on a GTR does this problem relates to air/fuel ratio as well?

Last edited:

NeniNeniBoBo

Known Member
Jan 8, 2009
Wah, naklaju. Your temperatures are so low! *laughs* You must take a very long time to warm up. Does your car even get up to temperature. :biggrin:

---------- Post added at 06:10 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:07 AM ----------

NeniNeniBoBo,
100c is a bit too high for comfort. Lot's of people have already mentioned what I would have said. Do you have an oil cooler? It's not a bad idea to invest in one too.... but get it sorted before you get one. Prevention of a disaster is always better than a cure.
Thanks DC for your advices, will do it asap.

---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

yup abit high... mine in the morning cruising around 62 celcius.. if stuck in jam almost 100 celsius.. if idle can go up to 110 celcius..,, planning to change to electric fan.... dude what ecu are u running? is ur ignition timing high at low rpm?
Bro, seems like I having the same problem as u, I wanna make the water temperature lower, I plan to mod at next year thus I'll try my best to build a strong foundation this year. Btw, I running a fcon v pro now.

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

bro ur water pump ok?..
Will check it all at 1 time next week. Wish this one not happen to me~

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
i tot water pump is not expensive , but i dunno abt skyline la..

NeniNeniBoBo

Known Member
Jan 8, 2009
Actually is not a money matter, is the time matter.... From morning wait until night, very tired, face covered by oil n u know how hot inside the garage. Lol~

btw, just curious about the ac fan, mine will stop for a while after few second turn, is it normal to all bnr here? Or it turn unstopable when ac on. And 1 more thing is one of the pulley(behind ac fan) will stop spinning a while even belt is running, slip?

Last edited:

reintel

500 RPM
Jul 27, 2004
Bro, is the fan clutch is only the "clutch" place in front of the fan? Is it applicable to radiator fan and A/C fan too? Or fan clutch is the "whole fan"??? Sorry this is my 1st time touch with this item....

Btw, just now(night 11.30pm) drove my gtr out to refill petrol, water/oil temperature is normal, is about 78-85C with 100-120kmh, and idle will raise up to 88C(A/C on), thus I start to wonder maybe yesterday my water temperature is cause by hot weather. However, i'll go change to aftermarket thermostat next week and see how.

Anyway, would any bro here mind to state your ride water/oil temperature while idling for 20-30min? I'll very appreciate for your input here. Thanks a lot bro.
Its round steel thingy attach with the fan. There is liquid inside it and when the temp increase it sort off 'lock' so the fan spin faster following the engine rpm.

---------- Post added at 07:28 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

Actually is not a money matter, is the time matter.... From morning wait until night, very tired, face covered by oil n u know how hot inside the garage. Lol~

btw, just curious about the ac fan, mine will stop for a while after few second turn, is it normal to all bnr here? Or it turn unstopable when ac on. And 1 more thing is one of the pulley(behind ac fan) will stop spinning a while even belt is running, slip?
Normally, it only spin when the temp increase, after awhile it will stop. This function is to avoid the electric burden in the car system and also increase the life of the motor fan.

NeniNeniBoBo

Known Member
Jan 8, 2009
Its round steel thingy attach with the fan. There is liquid inside it and when the temp increase it sort off 'lock' so the fan spin faster following the engine rpm.

---------- Post added at 07:28 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

Normally, it only spin when the temp increase, after awhile it will stop. This function is to avoid the electric burden in the car system and also increase the life of the motor fan.
Bro, thank you so much and your explanation is so helpful to me, hehehe:-) but how about the pulley behind the ac fan? If not mistaken I think is place on the water pump there. It also will stop a while even belt is running, is it slipping?

reintel

500 RPM
Jul 27, 2004
If ur engine is on, fan spinning, belting spinning but pulley at water pump is not, the u have jammed water pump. got burning smell? that shud be from ur belting.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

to all sifus,im new in this motoring industry.. bought a 2nd hand with 90xxx mileage.. my questions are. when is the time to top overhaul and when is the time to do full overhaul? is there any sign? what is the cost for top overhaul? and how about overhaul? what parts are replaced on top overhaul and overhaul? hope all sifus here can answer my question. newbie here needs some knowledge
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience