Detuned

chejeff

Known Member
Nov 3, 2005
Guys,

can i actually detune a high performance car to a daily drive-able car?

for example, a heavyly modified skyline with over 500 hp... would it be possible that i detune it to about 300hp so that it's more fuel saving daily driveable car? would i be able to achieve a more fuel saving if i detune it? would that be any side effect for detuning?

any other possible benefit of problem?

V-Spec

Nov 28, 2003
You can demod it. Remove all the go-fast bits and sell them to me. :rolleyes:

chejeff

Known Member
Nov 3, 2005
other then removing? can i detune from remapping ecu? currently i dun own a skyline yet as u may have see i am still looking for 1 now.

the reason that i ask is i found a number of skyline which i quite like it but it's heavly mod which not quite suitable for me as this will be my daily work horse..

gobiz

500 RPM
May 16, 2004
KL
Visit site
Don't waste your money detuning, it will be a nightmare.

Just buy a stock unmolested car.

rizalaris

Aug 14, 2008
Don't waste your money detuning, it will be a nightmare.

Just buy a stock unmolested car.
stock unmolested car, hehee..
all I can imagine is my car..

and fariz car as well, but i heard his car sudah "ringan2"..

chejeff

Known Member
Nov 3, 2005
Unmolested car? Very rare especially on Manual Spec. I would be more than happ to have 1. Basic tune is also acceptable.

Reason being wanted to detune is because like what i said earlier, it's rare now. I hardly found any Manual GTT and basic tune. This is sports car ma, mesti tune kau kau wan. Just like getting a new wife, u sure "treat" her kau kau also right? So how to find a virgin leh?

What I mean detune is not removing the performance parts, what i mean is only remapping the ecu to harness lower HP on the car. would this be possible?

gobiz

500 RPM
May 16, 2004
KL
Visit site
Unmolested car? Very rare especially on Manual Spec. I would be more than happ to have 1. Basic tune is also acceptable.

Reason being wanted to detune is because like what i said earlier, it's rare now. I hardly found any Manual GTT and basic tune. This is sports car ma, mesti tune kau kau wan. Just like getting a new wife, u sure "treat" her kau kau also right? So how to find a virgin leh?

What I mean detune is not removing the performance parts, what i mean is only remapping the ecu to harness lower HP on the car. would this be possible?
I'm sure there are GTTs around that are close to stock. Azmir got one (the red r34 gtt).
Even for GTRs, plenty are stock or at just basic mods leaving Japan.

Take it like this, if the car has parts meant to run around 500hp, and you simply detune ECU to run 300hp, the car wont run very well. In fact, it's better to take all the tuning parts out before detuning ECU. But as I said, why go through all the huge trouble.:biggrin:

gobiz

500 RPM
May 16, 2004
KL
Visit site
no, his one is much better...standard looking any year 04 :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: he got unreg summore...

just search on this forum, he is here.... doubt he is selling, he loves that car :driver:

V-Spec

Nov 28, 2003
chejeff, mine is pretty much light tune too since you mentioned 500hp is considered heavily modded. So wanna buy mine? :biggrin:

NeniNeniBoBo

Known Member
Jan 8, 2009
I don't know whether this is true, I bet it is apply to all car.... I have been told by someone, downgrade is difficult than upgrade.

Dr.D

500 RPM
Aug 28, 2005
Petaling Jaya
mafiabear is selling is stock gtt manual.. do get in touch with him...

omaroDDin

Known Member
Dec 25, 2006
I have the same problem as u ar. Gonna start work so wanna make the car run not as rich as i'd like or not mati katak have to pay for petrol by selling organs.
anyways, i've heard that there are some ecu's that u can put 2 settings into it and select with either to run rich or lean. not sure which one is this. anybody care to shine some light on this?

chejeff

Known Member
Nov 3, 2005
I know UNICHIP can save multiple mapping but can E-Manage Ultimate do the same?

Detune with ECU won't dmg the car right?

cosmicgate

Known Member
Oct 14, 2005
don't understand why you need to de-tune your car. Like they say practice makes perfect, you can get along fine with traffic if you persevere and don't mind ppl staring etc. I know its very troublesome and if you're budget tight, short distances to get you to places really takes a toll especially with the soaring price of ron97 now, but sometimes at a later stage you will DEFINITELY regret taking off those parts. A car built at that stage is meant to go fast and having it de-tuned is like a woman taking off its silicone breast at her prime. Stop yourself from making this mistake, stop it right now.

I think most skyliners here have 2 cars at least. One, a go fast hunter another an AUTO, don't mind its kancil or kelisa whatever cheap car at least its auto. Once in a while you really appreciate AUTO even though it is so much less powerful but the convenient it offers to get you to the local pasar, convenient store and parking at the most crowded places in the world is a total bliss. (I know it worked for me, manual drive me nuts sometimes.)

Why bother? keep the upgrade in your car, meanwhile keeping a cheap auto car handy.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi zthrian,

if u guys have experience with drag racing either 300m or 400m, please share ur knowledge & infos on which header/extractor works best for drag racing especially on NA setup.Thanks

wiramax
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience