Water temperature problem

NeniNeniBoBo

Known Member
Jan 8, 2009
Just notice this morning, at 1st my car water temperature show 85-92C while car is running but when come to idle at traffic light, the water temp start to increase until 100C. Thus I off the Air Con and straight up to fix this problem. Mechanic suggest to do a radiator service and change the water coolant. But after I reach home, I to start my engine to check again, the water will slowly increase until 99C but while switch off the air con, it will decrease. So what is the problem and what way to solve it? Air con fan problem?

Last edited:

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
mine idling also close to 100C..wat's the normal temperature then bro?..as long as it doesn't go more 100C, i think it's ok kua..

chinozie

Very Young Member... :D
Jul 5, 2004
Damansara
4age20v.blogsome.com
Yup...need to service the radiator...
happened to my dad's car..

Certain time during driving...the water temp increased...turn the A/C, continue on driving...the water temp decreased ...

actually i didn't service the radiator...changed to new locally made aluminum radiator...problem solved... :D

NeniNeniBoBo

Known Member
Jan 8, 2009
mine idling also close to 100C..wat's the normal temperature then bro?..as long as it doesn't go more 100C, i think it's ok kua..
Bro, normally temp should be 80+ to 90+ if not mistaken. My car water temperature slowly increase when the car is idle. From 89C to 101C(I park at my carporch and test), within 2 or 3 min it will raise up 1C, and I think it will continue to increase if I'm not shut off my car.

---------- Post added at 11:17 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:11 PM ----------

Yup...need to service the radiator...
happened to my dad's car..

Certain time during driving...the water temp increased...turn the A/C, continue on driving...the water temp decreased ...

actually i didn't service the radiator...changed to new locally made aluminum radiator...problem solved... :D
Yup, i have done the radiator service and change the coolant fluid(Motul Mocool), when turn on the car, YES the temp is lower than previously but it will slowly increase everytime when idle-stop-go at traffic light. Again I tried at my carporch, it raise slowly from 89C to 100C above...... But when u turn off the A/C, the water temp will decrease.

Btw, my radiator has been changed to aftermarket edi.....

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
neninenibobo:mine also increase to ard 100C during idling..but normally it doesn't go more than dat..max i got is 105C...

rainbow

Known Member
Mar 9, 2009
er....bro...=.=...your water temperatur terlampau high itu, u better go check la, i m noob in car, but i know your water temperature terlampau high.

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
er....bro...=.=...your water temperatur terlampau high itu, u better go check la, i m noob in car, but i know your water temperature terlampau high.
u mean who?..

NeniNeniBoBo

Known Member
Jan 8, 2009
I guess he is talking to both of us, LOL~ Not suppose to above 100C unless u are driving in heavy style or track~ Bro, i suggest to go check before is too late.... I not wish to see your car head bengkak.... Actually I head someone said before, as long as not reach 120C, but I worry.... I bet most of the skyliner here not exceed 100C if normal drive.

Last edited:

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
I guess he is talking to both of us, LOL~ Not suppose to above 100C unless u are driving in heavy style or track~ Bro, i suggest to go check before is too late.... I not wish to see your car head bengkak.... Actually I head someone said before, as long as not reach 120C, but I worry.... I bet most of the skyliner here not exceed 100C if normal drive.

haha..ok, thanks for the advise bro..

BNR

Known Member
May 21, 2009
when u r stuck in a traffic jam or in situation of a long 'Q' in a traffic light under a hot afternoon, water temp going above 100 degree is very likely...

NeniNeniBoBo

Known Member
Jan 8, 2009
Thank you bro BNR, I wish it is normal. But yesterday while testing at my car porch, is rainny day...

reintel

500 RPM
Jul 27, 2004
120c is for oil temp max. if it reaches there, time to general overhaul as u have fried the internal bearing.

I suspect its ur clutch fan. Had same issue, I've replaced it and now much lower, thanks to aftermarket thermostat also! Mind u, the clutch fan would cost u a bomb for brand new without the blade.

gobiz

500 RPM
May 16, 2004
KL
Visit site
I think the operating water temp shouldn't run so high, that's around boiling point!

Think should do full check-up...lots of things can make the car run hot.

Check cooling system eg. water pump, coolant level, radiator fan etc... maybe good to do a coolant flush, in Japan and temperate countries, they put in anti-freeze mixture that makes it less efficient for cooling I've heard. When you add accumulated rust, maybe it'll be worse.

If the oil temp is high too, even more urgent to check everything.

NeniNeniBoBo

Known Member
Jan 8, 2009
120c is for oil temp max. if it reaches there, time to general overhaul as u have fried the internal bearing.

I suspect its ur clutch fan. Had same issue, I've replaced it and now much lower, thanks to aftermarket thermostat also! Mind u, the clutch fan would cost u a bomb for brand new without the blade.
Bro, I'll change to thermostat next week and would u mind u tell me where is the clutch fan? Is the fan below cooling panel? I tot it was a a/c fan.... Btw, is sard thermostat good? And how much is a brand new clutch fan normal cost?

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

radiator cap still in good condition?

happened to my fren, the cap rubber is leaking....so the temp increased
Will check it out next week, thx bro for ur info.

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

I think the operating water temp shouldn't run so high, that's around boiling point!

Think should do full check-up...lots of things can make the car run hot.

Check cooling system eg. water pump, coolant level, radiator fan etc... maybe good to do a coolant flush, in Japan and temperate countries, they put in anti-freeze mixture that makes it less efficient for cooling I've heard. When you add accumulated rust, maybe it'll be worse.

If the oil temp is high too, even more urgent to check everything.
Actually everything is ok under car is running, just idling make me worry. Yes i had did the radiator flush, coolant changed to motul mocool.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Following are some ECU I have repaired. The write up is to assist DIY members with ECU troubles.
Will update everytime a ecu is repaired. Tq

Honda ECU with CEL22....
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience