Problems with car

jackallemily

Mar 16, 2006
Hi all, im driving a car with 2t engine. Now when i drive the car after certain speeds (usually 40kmh) the car vibrates like hell and rattling sounds are heard at the back. Anyone ever faced with this before? also how much is the cost of changing starter?

netmatrix

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
P Jaya:Malaysia
kh_tan.tripod.com
Hi there. Assuming your car is 1.6cc stock single carb 2T engine. If there is vibration at certain speeds, could be bad tuning on the carburetors or engine mounts not good anymore.

But your situation reminds me of a same problem i had many years ago. At speeds after 40 the car would vibrate and there are rattling sounds form the undercarriage. At the mechanic we found that the universal joint (for the drive shaft/ prop shaft) is damaged and jammed. You need to jack the rear of the car, put it in gear and hear/ see the shaft is not noisy and wobbling. If it is, then you need to get it replaced. When i got it replaced i think 5 years ago, it cost RM170 with labour. Do check this first.

naked racer

Feb 26, 2010
south australia
hi all i need help trying to get a workshop manaul for a 4g91 carb motor all i need is the timing section any help would be greatly apreciated

thanks

jackallemily

Mar 16, 2006
Hi there. Assuming your car is 1.6cc stock single carb 2T engine. If there is vibration at certain speeds, could be bad tuning on the carburetors or engine mounts not good anymore.

But your situation reminds me of a same problem i had many years ago. At speeds after 40 the car would vibrate and there are rattling sounds form the undercarriage. At the mechanic we found that the universal joint (for the drive shaft/ prop shaft) is damaged and jammed. You need to jack the rear of the car, put it in gear and hear/ see the shaft is not noisy and wobbling. If it is, then you need to get it replaced. When i got it replaced i think 5 years ago, it cost RM170 with labour. Do check this first.

yes, mine is stock standard 2t sohc. Kinda new to toyota,much less playing with old car so have to do research first to avoid kena makan at workshops. Your situation is exactly like mine, does the sound gets louder when its going faster? because mine certainly is. Thank you for the reply :)

netmatrix

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
P Jaya:Malaysia
kh_tan.tripod.com
The sound would be louder and the vibrations too. But that depends if you have bad engine or bad prop shaft. Which i dunno. But do check them out.

Anyway 2T is not SOHC. The cam is located very close to the crank shaft and the cams drive the valves via rods. This engine is actually called OHV. You need to see an opened up engine to get an idea.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi All...

Can Anybody help me.. My car use 4g91 injection.. Top Speed 140km/j.. Usually standard 4g91 is 180km/j. My plug colour is white.. That's mean fuel not enough support.. How can i solve this problem.. it's make me headache. Anyone can help me please...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience