DC5 Advice

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007
that's the problem with lightningfield ...... he's a terrible person to date :biggrin:

he never buys me flowers, no chocolates, never takes me out to nice restaurants ..... always mamaks only .....no sweet loving words ..... and at the end of the night, he expects me to put out for him!

the barbarian :biggrin:

lightningfield

2,000 RPM
Dec 29, 2004
Johor Bahru
www.ef-honda.com
OMG,complete wanker sudah keluar mah?
eh,whr is lightningfield?he stood me up yesternyte...
Sorry I FFK last nite... The girls didn't ignite my interest. Went to have satay instead. Ahahaha!

---------- Post added at 01:12 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:11 PM ----------

that's the problem with lightningfield ...... he's a terrible person to date :biggrin:

he never buys me flowers, no chocolates, never takes me out to nice restaurants ..... always mamaks only .....no sweet loving words ..... and at the end of the night, he expects me to put out for him!

the barbarian :biggrin:
Timmy... Shhhhh!!!:thefinger:

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
lightningfield,
cheephap u...went satay din tell me..whr?Jelita?i saw Marin in ECM instead!hahahaha

Vagabond,
dat's like so ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

psstttt,i wonder if v r pissing off dat SOMEONE even more now?kekekekkekeke

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
minivan,
saw ur ex-rim up close last Sunday....d new owner not dat happy w it coz kena kutuk frm me..kekeekkeke

Last edited:

minivan

1,500 RPM
Jun 11, 2004
BBBangi/KL
Visit site
:banghead: anybody planning on going?

---------- Post added at 02:03 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:00 PM ----------

minivan,
saw ur ex-rim up close last Sunday....d new owner not dat happy w it coz kena kutuk frm me..kekeekkeke
Nice what?! Or maybe ur getting old... :biggrin: prefering a more old skool look i mean...

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
minivan,
i m not getting old...it's either d rims dun look JDM enuff or d Taiwanese r REALLY getting better....WAKAKAKAKAKA.................

lightningfield,
my RPF1 is faster thn ur Advan RZ...kekekekekkeke.wat?nak marking?kekekekke

subcon

1,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
Turn 5
wait..wait...am i missing something here??? minivan got new rims??? :hmmmm:

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
yeah yeah...i baru nak cakap.....everythg is in FB...btw,those r new OLD rims!hahahah

eh,was just wondering,is der any RPF1 owners' club out der?wakakkakakakka

Last edited:

sizlo

Dec 24, 2007
Hi guys,

I just wanna share my latest experience with my DC5 going up and down Genting Road. So it was kinda late that i decided to go for a ride up the hill. The road was a bit wet due to some downpours earlier, the sun was already out then. Going up was very fun, pushing the limit of the car with some understeers, which i found was minor issues.

Then going down was a bit scary. I passed by a few cars and up to a corner, put down to gear two, i put down about 50%of throttle and the car started to understeer and i lost balance. I was practically sliding to the left when taking a right corner. At that point, a taxi was right in front of me on the slow lane. As the car badly understeered i tried to counter the wheel the other way, as if i was drifting, but my bad was not to play with the gas, so the car was still not properly undercontrolled. Luckily i didnt hit the taxi on my left. But as my car swerved back to the right side, i was ready to hit the wall and suffer all the consequences thereafter. Do note that at this moment i was doing around 30-40 km/h going downhill, which i thought was an OK speed. Even if i hit the wall, i believed the destruction won't be too bad but i was more concerned on other people's safety; ie cars behind me. God was on my side, i didn't hit any wall/taxi nor did the DC5 sustain any injury.

My question is what makes the car understeered so bad? I also found that taking corner are getting scarier the more i drives. I lost my confidence whenever i see wet road + corners. Some more it's raining almost every evening these days and when i push on the throttle when taking corners the car will lose it's traction and swerve again. This is not an FR! BTW the car is completely stock with M7 exhaust, intake, brakepad + PZERO Nero 225/45ZR17 with 70% thread. I suspect the tires must have something to do with it, but i bet there are more reasons behind it. Should i change the suspension?

Wish for anyone who have similar experiences can share with us here and also suggest any modification i should do on the car. Thanks.

Last edited:

slick

500 RPM
Mar 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
www.slickworx.com
Hi guys,

I just wanna share my latest experience with my DC5 going up and down Genting Road. So it was kinda late that i decided to go for a ride up the hill. The road was a bit wet due to some downpours earlier, the sun was already out then. Going up was very fun, pushing the limit of the car with some understeers, which i found was minor issues.

Then going down was a bit scary. I passed by a few cars and up to a corner, put down to gear two, i put down about 50%of throttle and the car started to understeer and i lost balance. I was practically sliding to the left when taking a right corner. At that point, a taxi was right in front of me on the slow lane. As the car badly understeered i tried to counter the wheel the other way, as if i was drifting, but my bad was not to play with the gas, so the car was still not properly undercontrolled. Luckily i didnt hit the taxi on my left. But as my car swerved back to the right side, i was ready to hit the wall and suffer all the consequences thereafter. Do note that at this moment i was doing around 30-40 km/h going downhill, which i thought was an OK speed. Even if i hit the wall, i believed the destruction won't be too bad but i was more concerned on other people's safety; ie cars behind me. God was on my side, i didn't hit any wall/taxi nor did the DC5 sustain any injury.

My question is what makes the car understeered so bad? I also found that taking corner are getting scarier the more i drives. I lost my confidence whenever i see wet road + corners. Some more it's raining almost every evening these days and when i push on the throttle when taking corners the car will lose it's traction and swerve again. This is not an FR! BTW the car is completely stock with M7 exhaust, intake, brakepad + PZERO Nero 225/45ZR17 with 70% thread. I suspect the tires must have something to do with it, but i bet there are more reasons behind it. Should i change the suspension?

Wish for anyone who have similar experiences can share with us here and also suggest any modification i should do on the car. Thanks.

I believe it's a combination of the wet conditions, your tyres and the fact that you are going downhill.
Going downhill into corners, your front tyres has to deal with so much of weight and momentum thrown towards the front when you brake.

My DC5 handles quite poorly in wet conditions too, am using AD08s.
Wheels always slips when vtec opens.

sizlo

Dec 24, 2007
Slick, i believe it is you in the video going up genting road on you tube. I was inspired by your driving that i challenged myself doing so, but i took it to a rougher driving. Just to know the limit of the car, you know.

Going downhill into corners, your front tyres has to deal with so much of weight and momentum thrown towards the front when you brake.
I thought the more weight on front tires, more it will grip the road hence more traction and better handling, no? I want to blame the wet road but it seems like driving in a normal road like ones in Subang, i do feel the car slips. It could be my driving.. :driver:
Would changing suspension system helps?

Turbulence

Known Member
Apr 7, 2009
hey sizlo, i did have the same experience where by it is hard reali hard to handle the car while downhill. changing the suspension and the tyres will provide u better handlin but still under wet condition, it is too dangerous. furthermore, try to get a 800 degree brake pad as u will need more braking force.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i got a kancil 660 with power window in front. the problem is the switch is located at the right of the cd player which are not convenience for me and the passenger to press it...
i tried to add another switch but fail, the fuse will be cut when i press any of the switch that connect together, so any electronic expert can tell me how i can add 1 more switch at the 2 front door ?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience