What is the best engine oil and oil filter for Z to use???

Techno350Z

Sep 25, 2009
penang
Hey guys,

I going to change my engine oil and i dun know what engine oil should i put...Sifus,please help me solve this problem...Thanks...

im using M7 magnetic oil fitler and fully syn engine oil

next maybe will try Torco engine oil

oil filter still using M7 magnetic oil filter, if u wanna try this filter.u can pm me

xtremeleo

Oct 18, 2005
for cheap option, shell is a very good oil. cleans better then most ive used, please buy it at the stations as they r too many fake oil selling in the market nowadays. my fave oil gotta be elf / total, especially the molybdenum series, it performs better then most expensive oil out there in term of protection against heat and performance. its a tad more expensive then shell, but worth all ur buck, tak sampai seratus pun..

get the original filter and u'll be fine

Techno350Z

Sep 25, 2009
penang
Ermmm...my target for changing engine oil is 10k mileage...Oil filter oso 10k???

xtremeleo

Oct 18, 2005
no, oil filter 5k jer kot.. i dont dare exceed dat, even when i was on mobil1. dis oil may exceed 10k km OCI, sum have gone more den dat, but filter is changed around 5k km

chemlube is known for its performance and longer OCI, up to 20,000km (once a year oil change), cheaper then those motul, in the long run. same ester base, but lasts longer

ysl

Oct 23, 2009
B'worth/Penang
Motul 300V 5W/30 is very good for 350Z, but too expensive. I suggest you use Redline 5w/30, change every 10K, I don't believe those oil that last more than 10K, sorry, no offense.

I suggest always use magnetic type oil filter, can last for 2-3 time oil change.

Redline 5w/30 Oil SRP is RM60 per Gal, but dealer can sell at RM55 or below.

xtremeleo

Oct 18, 2005
ysl, esters do live a lot longer den any conventional oil. even the mobil1 needs to be changed once a year only, no need to get those expensive oil (especially racing type oil, they r more about lubricity but less detergenty, so usage for long OCI isnt very good) if u r going for a 10k km OCI only, a good cheaper fully synth will do the same job protecting the engine. chemlube costs around 45/liter kot, at least the last time i asked about it ler..

lucas is d oil if u r looking for a racing oil (i dunno y anyone wud want dis for a road car, as i said less detergent, doesnt keep engine clean for long time, but whteck rite..), 60 per liter but will be really worth it if u r aiming for top performance and protection (its full of moly, lol)

Techno350Z

Sep 25, 2009
penang
Motul 300V 5W/30 is very good for 350Z, but too expensive. I suggest you use Redline 5w/30, change every 10K, I don't believe those oil that last more than 10K, sorry, no offense.

I suggest always use magnetic type oil filter, can last for 2-3 time oil change.

Redline 5w/30 Oil SRP is RM60 per Gal, but dealer can sell at RM55 or below.
Ermmm...Last time my dad help me take to his friend's shop chg engine oil for me so i dun know last time i use wat engine oil and how many gal too...So,how many gal of engine oil Z needed???

---------- Post added at 02:48 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:45 PM ----------

ysl, esters do live a lot longer den any conventional oil. even the mobil1 needs to be changed once a year only, no need to get those expensive oil (especially racing type oil, they r more about lubricity but less detergenty, so usage for long OCI isnt very good) if u r going for a 10k km OCI only, a good cheaper fully synth will do the same job protecting the engine. chemlube costs around 45/liter kot, at least the last time i asked about it ler..

lucas is d oil if u r looking for a racing oil (i dunno y anyone wud want dis for a road car, as i said less detergent, doesnt keep engine clean for long time, but whteck rite..), 60 per liter but will be really worth it if u r aiming for top performance and protection (its full of moly, lol)
I wanna keep my ride in better condition becoz we using recon car and it is a old car d...2003 but now 2010 d...So,i try my best to keep my ride in good condition...any advice???Thanks and appreciate all ur comment...

ysl

Oct 23, 2009
B'worth/Penang
Read this

Technicians Speak Out On Oil Change Intervals

---------- Post added at 03:37 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:33 PM ----------

Ermmm...Last time my dad help me take to his friend's shop chg engine oil for me so i dun know last time i use wat engine oil and how many gal too...So,how many gal of engine oil Z needed???

According to the book;

4.7 liter - with oil filter change
4.4 liter - without oil filter change

pangyau

Oct 17, 2009
hello Techno350Z,

There is lots of brands to choose. My personal opinion, Motul will do the job.
About the filter, K&N oil filter among the best & recommended choice.
Then you get the magnetic drain bolt nut.
Change oil filter every service...

Regarding the Motul, you might either choose 300V Power (5W-40) or 300V Power Racing (5W-30). Price slightly higher then others but the most recommended among Z friends of mine.

But, if you in budget. You might get option Motul 8100 X-cess (5W-40) or Motul 8100 X-max (5W-30). Price are reasonable for daily ride usage...

Normally performance car they will change oil every 5,000kmkm regardless of type oil.
If you blast your engine 6-7K rpm everyday like track days, it will shorten your oil lifespan.

You have very good ride + powerful + performance... so maintainance will slightly higher then normal car... choose the best then it will clear your mind...

xtremeleo

Oct 18, 2005
ysl, dat was a good read but from used oil analysis point of view, dat isnt necessarily true

xtremeleo

Oct 18, 2005
be very careful when choosing castrol, there r a lot of imitaion bottles full wit imitation lube out there on the shelves

One of the most worth it to purchase Mercedes with E400 specs is now a trend! We had done so many Mercedes E300 Bluetec that we know the car more than the owner! Hence today we are here to do a full correction and coating on this black beauty.

Upon...