steering vibrates even after balancing and alignment..

scoupe

1,000 RPM
Mar 19, 2005
shah alam
hey guys,

i have a problem with my car.. the steering vibrates excessively from about 90km/h onwards.. i have changed new tires.. rims checked not bent, alignment and balancing done.. what else could be the cause of this? btw after doing alignment and camber alignment the vibration got stronger.. my car set up is 4agze custom made driveshaft on the left side to correct length but same spec as ori gze shaft.. right side is original gze drive shaft. bearings are relatively new.. hope someone can shed some light on this problem that im facing..

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
maybe the bush problem? just my prediction. correct me if I'm wrong

leynye

Feb 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
maybe the custom made drive shaft not go through high rpm balancing tuh... if all the parts already check, check the drive shaft ..

sugizo_takuro

Known Member
Feb 20, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
maybe the bush..they called it 'bush satay' which connects the front stabilizer bar and the lower arm on both sides....because my car (box lancer) also vibrates heavily like the front wants to collapse. after i change the bush, i never experienced it again...maybe u can ask the mechanic about the bush..

scoupe

1,000 RPM
Mar 19, 2005
shah alam
hmmm... as for the bushes i have changed a complete set bout 2 yrs ago.. all the arm bushes, antirollbar bushes and new ball joints too.. i doubt they would be worn so fast.. when my mech said he custom made the driveshaft he did say that they will do balancing.. is there a different form of balancing? hmmm steering rack and column prob? vagabond can elaborate more on this? like symptoms and solution.. hmm is there any other way of confirming that it is the steering rack and column prob?

chinozie

Very Young Member... :D
Jul 5, 2004
Damansara
4age20v.blogsome.com
Good day,

Try to swap the front tyres with the rear tyres...
Just to see if the front wheels properly balanced...

later post the results here...

scoupe

1,000 RPM
Mar 19, 2005
shah alam
hmmm.. will try and see if i can borrow a set of rims from a friend.. but i doubt i can post the results soon cause this whole week will be busy.. will keep u guys updated.. will on wheel balancing make a huge difference??

joe2d

Feb 10, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I think its ur custom drive shaft, since you said its worse after camber adjustment. Most probably ur drive shaft is spinning off-center. I don't think local machining shop can customize a drive shaft as good as factory standard.

As for worn bushing, it will vibrate at lower speed (not just over 90kmh) too & will 'rattle' abit especially hitting bumps or potholes.

As for steering rack problem, unless its wrongly mounted or the whole thing is bent it shouldn't vibrate. If vibration is caused by steering rack you'll probably feel the car wobbling or snaking.

From what you said above i think its probably ur custom drive shaft. Just a guess.

sugizo_takuro

Known Member
Feb 20, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
from all that u mention u had done, everything is factory set except for the custom driveshaft. maybe your mechanic didnt do the balancing for the shaft..i think so..u can try out wheel swap with your friend first..

trojan

500 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Madagascar
www.friendster.com
will on wheel balancing make a huge difference??
1 satisfied customer here....i've just convert from 4 lugs to 5 lugs and my wheels vibrate like hell...even wheel balancing on machine is just can't cure it...

then my fren proposed me to do ON WHEEL balancing...meaning your rims still attach to your car and they balance it...then 200km/h also no issue...but make sure your tyre is in a good condition lorr...

it won't cost u hundreds of ringgit, rather than u change here and there but the problem still persist....try to do something simple and cheaper first...

anyway, this is just my suggestion...u can keep on identifying your car's problem and keep us updated with your findings....cheers

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

just to let u guys know that skunk2 fake intake manifold has arrive on our shore.
so for those potential buyer,be aware what u paid for.what i'm afraid of is some
of the shop pass it as genuine item.i'm not saying that they purposely sell u a fake
1 and claim it to be genuine but some of them doesn't even know how to tell the
different.that's not all,some of their supplier don't even bother to tell them.
for those of u who don't know how to differentiate between them,just look
at the vacuum...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience