buying silvia s15 from singapore

likylooq

Oct 26, 2009
Johor
haha.. clear thing up edi.. thanks all.. now i know, no way to get that kind of car..

borat

Known Member
Jan 24, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
thanks every1.. last time so excited when offered jhz 75k for a s15 spec r. then now i noe its not possible. let alone legal. but i still hope the rumour goin on tat may 2010, the excise duty for cars which 4 m'sia is now about 200% wil be scraped, then an s15 would be so much cheaper, and i can finally import a unit from japan..

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
yup last last time they said scrap AP. then open for AFTA.

how many times did they postponed it already?? 4? 5? times since 1990s.
you may be in luck. i hope u r in luck. many bosan hear rumours. : )

good luck

borat

Known Member
Jan 24, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
i heard drom a good fren tat it cant be postponed anymore and they hav to implement it tis year. hopefully its true. reli fed up la.. ppl everywhr in the world are able to own 2-3 jap sports cars at once. but 4 us to own even 1 its so darn expensive. buy 1 s15 here can buy 2 units at japan... shit..

jj.v6

Known Member
Aug 30, 2009
johor baru
no problem borat..
we hav our own japan spec sport car..
some example
wira evo 1,2,3,............
waja gsr.evo 5........
perdana evo 3,tt,rvr........
bluebird r32,r34,sr20...........
toyota corola 4age........
and many more...
more creative than japanese and far more cheaper....
welcome to malaysia edition sport car club...

LuKa

500 RPM
Jul 14, 2005
Kedah
"ppl everywhr in the world are able to own 2-3 jap sports cars at once."

Is that true...? even in japan itself.. not everyone can afford a car, since u need to prove u hv a parking place to own a car as well.. means you need to rent a car park or have a landed house which can accomodate the vehicle...

in the United States still got ppl playing civics... and most of the ppl who dont have land property and a garage can forget about owning a car or a sports car.. coz when you hit winter, u'll probably destroy the SportsCar.. insurance & Tax there is expensive.. and their Gasolene too...

borat

Known Member
Jan 24, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
yes.. you hav a point.. wat im saying is tat a well to do individual for example in australia can maybe afford to own a s15 and a 180sx. but for us here in m'sia, it is quite hard. coz i came across many ppl like tat there. but juz saying tat tax on cars here is very high.. coz protected market.. not open market..

oinkoink

Known Member
Aug 9, 2008
Singapore
to my understanding in singapore you will not be able to export the car if the car is more then 5yrs.... s15, DC5R, evo8, EP3 any reg date before 2005 all cannot be export.

borat

Known Member
Jan 24, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
to my understanding in singapore you will not be able to export the car if the car is more then 5yrs.... s15, DC5R, evo8, EP3 any reg date before 2005 all cannot be export.
then dunno why some ppl in the marketplace selling tis cheap singapore cars so openly.. not scared wan??:confused:

jj.v6

Known Member
Aug 30, 2009
johor baru
then dunno why some ppl in the marketplace selling tis cheap singapore cars so openly.. not scared wan??:confused:
giv us the link..we can check for u...anyway we r in and out of singapore everyday...
no problem..we can do this for u..
if its true thats a gud news to all malysian...
if not an experience/lesson how not to get cheated.........

Dec 4, 2009
muar
hi guys. i plan 2 get a nissan silvia s15. i live in malaysia. but i came across a few excellent units in singapore which i reli want. but i reli don noe wat cost do i hav 2 pay to get it to malaysia. muz i pay 300% tax?? is it cheaper to buy in sing and bring it here?? plz help.. need info ASAP..
dont play singopore car you dont have cable in malaysia.i thing you buy in japan is chep sale.and japan car you can rejester in malaysia.you can fine some used car to sale a recornd car in malaysia.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Please teach me how to modify all types of car including :
a)engine
b)suspension
c)tyres
d)aerodynamics

Please also tell me where to get those part with reasonable price...
Thank you..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience