wat 2 look out 4 when buying 2nd hand s15

borat

Known Member
Jan 24, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
hi guys.. wanna ask all sifus here. wat do i hav 2 look out for when viewing a recon/2nd hand s15 spec R? are there any important parts of the car i need 2 pay attention to? thanks..

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
not a sifu, but do check the following site to confirm that u r getting an ori spec R and not just a converted one : S15 Specs

cheers!

one thing i can add though, the gearbox does sometimes make clunking, whirring sounds or so, and apparently it's normal? haha

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
arlo boss nop i do not; got a teeny bit of experience tinkering around with them though haha

good buy, u wont regret it

looks, power, handling all in a neat package

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
stock one is not bad, strong mid but breathless a bit at higher rpms

just need a free-flowing exhaust system/air filter, front-mount intercooler, boost controller and a piggyback, boost it at 1.1 bar or so

throw in a walbro for good measure

slide_it

Known Member
Oct 31, 2007
last production batch was in 2002. be wary of parts getting old esp the rubber hoses, seals, bushings etc.

it is a sports coupe so pay attention to damages from accidents/drifts, engine/turbo condition, compression etc.

rafzan

Banned
Feb 20, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
The most important thing is, look at the SALESMAN. If hes face is red like a pig, and with small shallow eyes, u better get away from there right away. These are the fakkers who cheat people. Just telling u on what ive experienced.

borat

Known Member
Jan 24, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
guys... how am i to make sure its a original spec r and not a converted 1? is there anything to confirm like a chasis number or something?

slide_it

Known Member
Oct 31, 2007
didnt u go thru tofu_manic's link in his first post? look under the MISC tab and u will see how to identify through the VIN plate

borat

Known Member
Jan 24, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
thanks. juz din see tat part. now i've gone thru it. but whr is tis plate actually? whr is the driver's side firewall?

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
open the bonnet and its located in front of the driver

theres only one such tag in the car, u wont miss it :P

whether u want modded or not, its up to u

most important thing is like what slide it mentioned, u make sure everything is in proper condition

if u are loaded, then just buy stock lah and get new parts hehe

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Now I am using the 4g93 eterna machine.I want to upgrade the performance with added with mivec parts.I planned to:

- Change throttle body and intake manifold with MIVEC intake manf and TB
- Using the adjustable cam pulley
- Port and Polish
- Change the piping with 2' piping and mivec extractor
- Using the HKS intake powerflow

The question is, Can the modification above is effective to increase horsepower,torque and topspeed.How it can increaseHP? What the cost range to make the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience