can any one share with me the fuel consumption and maintenance for sports car?

seanzer

From Facebook
Nov 22, 2009
i just wanna know how much diffrent the fuel compression how much KM/L... for car like;

1)subaru ver8
2)evo 7/8
3)rx8
4)fairlady 350z
5)Nissan GTR R35
6)Bmw M5
7)Porsche Cayman
8)VW golf turbo 2.0

how about their maintenance?

Last edited:

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
Re: can any one share with me the fuel compression and maintenance for sports car?

fuel compression? err, did u mean fuel consumption?

seanzer

From Facebook
Nov 22, 2009
Re: can any one share with me the fuel compression and maintenance for sports car?

yaya.. oppss.. .hehhee:biggrin:

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005

nissan 350z, 10.86km/liter

evo 7, 10.9km/liter

both from my driving experience driving them, the evo7 shud give more mileage but i was having so much fun, hehe..

ongteckweng

5,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site

IMHO, if u r getting a sport cars, why worry abt FC n maintenance? usually its a lot easier to buy a performance car but maintenance its another matter.

most of these rides r not for everyday driving so ppl dont think about FC n costing to maintain them.

but still, will provide some input for u:
Mitsubishi Evo 9 (Ron 97)
City driving: rm100/320km
Highway: rm100/400km
Maintenance: rm350 per oil change every 4-5000km (fully syn Motul)
Major service (all fluids): >rm1,000 every 20,000km (depends on what kind of oil u use)
Brakes: rm1k (front n back)

seanzer

From Facebook
Nov 22, 2009

actually i just wanna compare... just wanna know how much diffrent for those sports car, i am getting a RX8 soon, bt alots of ppl told me that the car is thirsty.... so i just wanna know how much diffrent if compare to others... btw, my friends going to buy a Nissan GTR35... he wanna know the FC also...

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005

get the evo seanzer, the rx8 wont satisfy u as the evo.

i dont think u need motul everytime, there r better lubricant out there dat are much cheaper then motul ie eneos 0w-20 (the same as toyota 0w-20 and honda's, fyi) is a better oil but is cheaper and has a longer OCI, not to mention better performance and better fc.

i dont mind driving an evo everyday, lol

seanzer

From Facebook
Nov 22, 2009

evo? lolz... i am using for daily drive. thats why prefer auto car, evo performance for manual car. anyway good sharing... thx bro...

anyone driving rx8 b4 here?
nissan R35 with 3.8 should be "makan minyak" than others 2000cc or 3500cc right?

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007

actually i just wanna compare... just wanna know how much diffrent for those sports car, i am getting a RX8 soon, bt alots of ppl told me that the car is thirsty.... so i just wanna know how much diffrent if compare to others... btw, my friends going to buy a Nissan GTR35... he wanna know the FC also...
RX8 is a Rotary Engine (RE) car, that's why it is so called 'thirsty'.. although it is a 1.3 cc car, but it can produce more than 200 bhp.

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005

u alredi driving an evo? lol

y the heck wud u wanna have an rx8 then? for daily commute? i dont understand u rich people, haha..

how about getting an iswara, which wud handle as good as any rx8 (wit suspension mod of course, lol) and gives about 100km of distance for a mere 10hengget (lightly tuned, lol), does a 240kmh top, and costs 20times cheaper then the rx8. i'll accept a switch-over for dat evo of urs, hehehehehe.. how wei? ohh, u want an auto je ker?

but, seriously, the 350z wud give u better fc if compared to the rx8, if driven sensibly lah.. the only downside is the maintenance, which i don think u'll have any problem wit

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007

if he can sustain the road tax + insurance for the 3.5 litre 350Z, then no problem go for it. But later don't come and ask how much is the road tax + insurance for the list of cars above that time :biggrin:

seanzer

From Facebook
Nov 22, 2009

if he can sustain the road tax + insurance for the 3.5 litre 350Z, then no problem go for it. But later don't come and ask how much is the road tax + insurance for the list of cars above that time :biggrin:

haha.. .i know well about the insurance. lolz... road tax..i think i am okie.. coz 3.5. not much diffrent with my current makan minyak honda accord 3.5 also...:banghead:

ongteckweng

5,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site

the 350z has very low maintenance comparing to Evo or other performance cars. the cons of course r the roadtax n insurance. the VQ engine is very reliable.

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
low maintenance compared to the evo? it uses more oil then the evo iirc, more plugs, and harder to change the parts because of the tight spaces

ongteckweng

5,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
yes...even with more plugs n engine oil, they last longer coz evo has very hot engine. my friend is driving the Z so i can compare. the Z33 engine bay looks cramp but its not hard to work with. u should c the boxer engine of a STi.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi greeting semua...
I m looking for a b.o.t for my campro gen2 manual '05 model. Maybe any workshop around johor. Tolong (pls,pls,pls) comment. Saya tak nak nanti jadi tikus lab lepas tu engine meletup. Saya ngah cari yg setting boleh di pakai harian, pegi balek kerja, dan hujung minggu bleh sedikit2 main track ke...heheheh pls tunjuk ajr kepada newbie. heheheheheh
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience