Engine Treatment/Oil Additive

FocalPoint

500 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
Sure, I knew you were one of those who posted about Tufoil, pillage2001. Thanks for your loyalty and we are certainly glad to hear that the product has been awesome.

Regarding oil change whether at 5K or 10K, we would like to leave this to your judgement. It is always important to check the oil dipstick. Make sure that the level is always between the min and max levels when engine is warmed up. Next, visually inspect if the oil is still clean. Simple steps like this do help. Rgds.

abah

Sep 5, 2009
Kluang, Johor
no need additive @ oil treatment
just change ur engine oil regularly
for me im changing for every 3000km
so it will be once a month :smokin:

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
i tried X1R into my ride...still cant feel any difference yet...
also pumped in petrol treatment into my fuel tank....still same i guess...

sr18autech

Banned
Jun 27, 2009
no need additive @ oil treatment
just change ur engine oil regularly
for me im changing for every 3000km
so it will be once a month :smokin:
Yes, engine additives are scams.....hehe......Using castrol managtec is good enough, trust me! Dont need buy expensive oils either...

FocalPoint

500 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
Scams! Certainly, not Tufoil.

Yeah! The US government will not test a scam. Period.

xing55

Oct 8, 2008
Jz get 2 bottles of Tufoil. Waiting for my nx eng oil after 3 to 4 more full tank of petrol and waiting to feel the effect..
jz wondering wat eng oil i can use to mix wif tufoil.. hehe

FocalPoint

500 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
Thanks for the purchase of 2 bottles of Tufoil, xing55.

You may partner Tufoil with the motor oil you are currently using so that you are qualified to make a A and B test. Over the years, there have been many matchings by readers of these thread and other users. Nobody is right or wrong, we suppose. Only the one behind the wheel can say something.

alan_ee90

Known Member
Oct 4, 2009
cheras
as i know, those additive will not mix together with the enigine oil.
those additive will stick on all the engine parts like bearing......to make them less friction and protect on it.

myfaiz

Apr 28, 2007
Izzit cheaper if i get it from tesco? gonna get it for this saturday changing engine oil routine. thanks for all the explanation now i got the right engine treatment oil for my myvi.

alamdamai1

Known Member
Mar 4, 2008
i've used Bardahl 1 & 2 oil treatment for my 13 year old Wira workhorse and found it to be a good match if i were to use mineral & semi-syn engine oil (apart for Magnetac which i believe do not require any more additive)...

for fully syn, Bardahl has no effect i were to use Mobil 1 & Syntium 1000 but still give good results if i were to use Helix Ultra..

but now, i'm now trying Tufoil and wow, it is much better than Bardahl where my oil consumption problem has completely stopped!!...

reason i switched to Tufoil was investigate whether it could lower my FC but the results were very marginal, ie. less than 1 - 2% (probably cos i'm already on additives previously)....

but my morning start vibration (my carbie choke already 'kong') and oil consumption problem has completely gone which i did not expect for such results....

i'm currenly using fully syn Penzzoil Platinum and as you guys know, this oil will evaporate very fast for old workhorses like mine but with the Tufoil, this problem has been resolved...

morale of the story, experiment with a few products and you will know which is best for your car

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear sifus and otai

Need some advise here,my ride is proton persona 1.6 auto,is it recomended to change to open port air filter?currently i am using drop in air filter.What is the pros & cons on this?,also is it worth and recomended to add e-manage if my ride is standard and just changed the exhaust system only?your comment is highly appreciated :burnout:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience