Engine Oil Grade (meaning?)

netmatrix

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
P Jaya:Malaysia
kh_tan.tripod.com
You should change the filter the same time as you change the engine oil. Its cheap to change, and i do not see the problem to change it along with every oil change. Unless you are using very fancy RM100 oil filters, then i have nothing more to say.

netmatrix

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
P Jaya:Malaysia
kh_tan.tripod.com
Some oil filter allows flow inside it to be faster. This can be due to the materials used or design. Still you need to change them on schedule. I know of some guys, change oil 10000km and oil filter at 5000km. So you visit the workshop 2 times.

liquiddog

Feb 5, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Guys i've been using Castrol GTX mineral 20W-50 for a very long time.

Then recently i saw a good deal for Mobile One, fully synthetic oil, i bought it and thought perhaps i could give it a try for my 13year old Wira. What do you guys think?

The main reason I'm trying this because I'm sick of the FC I'm having right now - 8.8km/l, approx 2.1cents per km for RON95. That hurts my pocket lol.

I really want to know if it helps, or perhaps worsen the condition of my car? By the way, my car hardly gives problems, pretty well maintained, just not too good in picking the right oil.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
yup, carrefour had some promotions on mobil 1, but my foreman said, it might be
fully syn, but the grade is lower.....so thats y its cheaper.....

wats the recommended semi syn oil for my car? im not currently using motul 10w40, is it good enuf? v6 twin turbo.

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
yup, carrefour had some promotions on mobil 1, but my foreman said, it might be
fully syn, but the grade is lower.....so thats y its cheaper.....

wats the recommended semi syn oil for my car? im not currently using motul 10w40, is it good enuf? v6 twin turbo.
normal boost then ok, if hi boost then cannot

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
huakenny,
tq bro...mine only at max 1bar...

Jin,
that 1 how much?
not sure... around 100 per liter kua...

pangyau

1,000 RPM
Oct 17, 2009
Malaysia
hi guys,

MOTUL product recommended by most tuner/mechanic/track user/daily user.
10W-40 (4100 Turbolight or 6100+ Synergie) suitable for daily user in town area.
also capable to boost up to 1.2-1.7BAR at 5-8K RPM tested by myself approximately 70km for awhile (few time only). as the theory to be use at 5,000km max

for 15W-50 (6100 Synergie) capable to handle high boost & little bit extra distance to gain.
but some say/experience little bit heavy for daily + town drive

At the moment 15W-50(300V Competition) are the best i ever tried for long distance (1,000km ++)
traveling + some speeding + boost 1.4-1.7BAR (shown on the DEFI). At 5,000km the lubricant still in good condition & make me satisfied.

MOTUL semi-synthetics series capable to handle up to 5,000km +/- 2,000km
but for 300V series (fully synthetics) capable to handle up to 8,000km +/- 2,000km

bottom of the line, life spent of the lubricant depends to the driver.
if drive like in track/racing + high RPM everyday, sure reduce the life spent.

P/S:
I used the after market K&N oil filter + magnetic sum nuts. to assure the quality.
learn from the experience people...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

When one mentions the Toyota 86, the usual suspects of keywords that describe this new rear drive sports coupe will come in the form of “going sideways”, “touge driving” or “great balance”. Those impressions are undeniably true, and the car is truly a sporty baby that has successfully inherited the soul that famed the old AE86. But those are not the only characteristics that made the new 86 as what it...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience