engine replacement on Jazz&Fit

suduRed

Known Member
Sep 27, 2005
Bdr.Sri.Dmsara
Hi mates,highly appreciate on ur input here...im planing to replace my current IDSI 1.4 engine to 1.5 VTEC soon.I got see the said engine at chop shop nearby my place last couple of week,notice the conditions quite ok judge by my naked eyes but unfortunately the engine without gearbox...price quoted oni 1.9k and this make me interested the most...is it posible to plonking my current GB to the 1.5 VTEC?not much ppl done such this replacement i believe...ya i agree 1.5 VTEC not as fast as B or K series,well it fast enough as well as respond nor output compare to IDSI spec...i get started to love 1.5 VTEC since my 1st time driving this engine,test run one of my fren's car..regreting me not to get the VTEC spec last time...another facts is the price,its huge gap as capablity they have...seeking on ur advice,Very big thx btw.

dotn3t

Mar 19, 2005
1.9k include wiring? coz idsi and vtec wiring are different.

L13A and L15A should share the same gearbox....but best you confirm with SA or reputable mechanics.

rickarch

Known Member
Sep 16, 2006
jz get a manual L15 VTEC half cut (engine, gearbox, ECU, etc) to avoid the hassle & headache later on...

am i right bro dotn3t ?
:biggrin:

dotn3t

Mar 19, 2005
:rofl::rofl:
yes u're right rickarch..
never thought to see you lurking around here :driver:

Known Member
Jan 3, 2008
better get complete halfcut, idsi engine wiring not same as vtec... most of the engine wiring connected to the auto gearbox ecu, either you get complete L15Auto halfcut or get L15 manual hafcut (bit hard to get)....
Conversion from auto(idsi) to auto(vtec) or auto(idsi) to manual(vtec) both need halfcut, its is to avoid any hassle due to some part like manual gear lever, clutch pedal, or due to engine wiring, dashboard meter and other part compatibility...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Salam/Greetings

Do apologize if this has been discussed before.
The Biggest Modified Car Bullshitters We

Once I've met a guy who put a massive GT Wing on his stock auto putra... reason being he could not get enough downforce when enjoying Karak Hiway
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience