What Standalone ECU is better?

lkeong88

Known Member
Nov 1, 2009
Cheras
Use better lubricants? I got 138whp on stock blacktop stock extractor all stock with chemlube last time?

frecoz

Known Member
Sep 10, 2006
www.tagged.com
woohooo~ how can i up my hp by not modifeid or change piggyback,sifu? teach me la..

yayaya... agreed with glanza, 5hp enough to go infront other blacktop owner.. kekeke

oksmike

Known Member
Nov 2, 2009
perak
sorry to interrupt ur thread bro frecoz:biggrin:
just wanna ask sum sifu here which is the best place to tune(buy) e-manage(blue) + dyno
at a reasonable price.

hv a nice day

frecoz

Known Member
Sep 10, 2006
www.tagged.com
why other standalone@piggyback not have display like safc? is there any other we can used to display if we install emanage or is it sold seperately?

j_l200s

Dec 16, 2004
i think microtech got... but have to buy it separately.

no need display wan la. u wan ur car kena pecah is it? XD

km_chew

Known Member
Aug 10, 2004
Penang
I thought Profec E01 is a boost controller? Standalone can have display, plug in your notebook and place your notebook on dashboard. Can already lo .. You got numbers everywhere .. lolx

Before going further, always ask yourself. How much horse you want to satisfy you? Can your budget cope with it? NA is almost rm1000 for one wheel horse power. Some internal engine stuff co-related with each other, by just changing one part doesn't help much (eg, changing a high profile cam >264 without unleashing the rev limit)

Here is my story,
I'm one hell of lucky bastard. Bought the car, equip with SVT and dyno-ed 135whp (stock internals and ECU). Why it is 135whp? Extractor (4-1 Cusco) and Exhaust for my case. The final climb of the graph is at >7500rpm where it jump from 125 to final 135. Is it helpful for the final 500rpm, an increase of 10whp? You hardly feel it if you got a numb ass. The car's character is just a normal SVT that has a power of 125whp up to 7500rpm. Can't even outdrag a stock healthy BT (tried). My point is, the car dyno-ed peak 135whp at 8000rpm but the mid to high range rpm is a 1.6, 20valve SVT's strength. Here on, still determine to get more power and value for my pocket.

What i did?
Converted to map (open with trumpet), C160 Gbox, and a FPR. Dyno-ed again, same old 135whp. Stack the graph over the old dyno, same peak but mid to high increase a steady 10 - 15whp. Car character changes again. Shorter gear ratio, higher torque (13.xx vs 16.16kg). It definitely feels more power and the fact tells me too.

Mid of enjoying this SVT,
Preparing for track day, bought a bottle of Shell HX7 for an oil change. During track day, engine overheated with an oil temp >150' due to fake Shell HX7 that i got from 'petrol station'. Repair it with best of BT with SVT's parts this time. (hybrid colour 20v) . Car is out, running and dyno-ed. Peak increase to 141whp with a higher mid to high (about 3whp) comparing to the 2nd graph.

What this car has under the hood?
A mixture of the very best colours 20v into one. Usual extractor and exhaust combo. Trumpet with FPR. A thin slice of metal head gasket. My AFR for now without any piggyback / standalone is bad for plugs. Idling, a whoop ass 12 - 12.5. Full throttle till peak, 10.8 - 11.5. Some of you know what is my next upgrade already by now.

Can't imagine what it is going to be if the AFR in a proper zone. Can't wait for it too.
Lolx ...

glanza

Known Member
Nov 2, 2005
kl/kelate
I thought Profec E01 is a boost controller? Standalone can have display, plug in your notebook and place your notebook on dashboard. Can already lo .. You got numbers everywhere .. lolx

Before going further, always ask yourself. How much horse you want to satisfy you? Can your budget cope with it? NA is almost rm1000 for one wheel horse power. Some internal engine stuff co-related with each other, by just changing one part doesn't help much (eg, changing a high profile cam >264 without unleashing the rev limit)

Here is my story,
I'm one hell of lucky bastard. Bought the car, equip with SVT and dyno-ed 135whp (stock internals and ECU). Why it is 135whp? Extractor (4-1 Cusco) and Exhaust for my case. The final climb of the graph is at >7500rpm where it jump from 125 to final 135. Is it helpful for the final 500rpm, an increase of 10whp? You hardly feel it if you got a numb ass. The car's character is just a normal SVT that has a power of 125whp up to 7500rpm. Can't even outdrag a stock healthy BT (tried). My point is, the car dyno-ed peak 135whp at 8000rpm but the mid to high range rpm is a 1.6, 20valve SVT's strength. Here on, still determine to get more power and value for my pocket.

What i did?
Converted to map (open with trumpet), C160 Gbox, and a FPR. Dyno-ed again, same old 135whp. Stack the graph over the old dyno, same peak but mid to high increase a steady 10 - 15whp. Car character changes again. Shorter gear ratio, higher torque (13.xx vs 16.16kg). It definitely feels more power and the fact tells me too.

Mid of enjoying this SVT,
Preparing for track day, bought a bottle of Shell HX7 for an oil change. During track day, engine overheated with an oil temp >150' due to fake Shell HX7 that i got from 'petrol station'. Repair it with best of BT with SVT's parts this time. (hybrid colour 20v) . Car is out, running and dyno-ed. Peak increase to 141whp with a higher mid to high (about 3whp) comparing to the 2nd graph.

What this car has under the hood?
A mixture of the very best colours 20v into one. Usual extractor and exhaust combo. Trumpet with FPR. A thin slice of metal head gasket. My AFR for now without any piggyback / standalone is bad for plugs. Idling, a whoop ass 12 - 12.5. Full throttle till peak, 10.8 - 11.5. Some of you know what is my next upgrade already by now.

Can't imagine what it is going to be if the AFR in a proper zone. Can't wait for it too.
Lolx ...
chew, what is that oil for? oil treatment ah? or booster?

frecoz

Known Member
Sep 10, 2006
www.tagged.com
i think emanage has a display that sold separately called E-01..anyone can confirm it?
ya..ya.. thanks for the info.. i search on yahoo..

Greddy E-01 E-Manage Programmer
Greddy E-01 E-Manage Programmer is a superior substitute to the Greddy Support Tool. It will allow you program the E-manage without the need for a laptop or the Greddy Support Tool.

i think microtech got... but have to buy it separately.

no need display wan la. u wan ur car kena pecah is it? XD
no lah.. choi2.. huhuhu.. put in hidden place la.. hahaha.. i look its cooler on my frens car, he put safc.. there is rpm blinking, speed blinking, etc.. fuh.. i also dont know what other in there means.. kekekeke

pcmoddingmy

1,000 RPM
Mar 23, 2006
www.pcmoddingmy.com
Interesting stuff sifoo km_chew. I wish I was as lucky as you... huhu
At the end of the day, I think the dyno machine also matters a lot. I've personally seen 20V STV with toda cams and Mines ECU + piggyback hitting only about 150hp at Trial (Dynojet), which is quite unacceptable seeing that a stock 20V (with OEM parts) can easily hit 140hp. IMO, 138hp for stock BT is already quite strong and gaining the extra hp with FPR, intake & exhaust mods should easily pump it to around 140hp. But again, it depends on where you dyno.
I dare say that some dynos (eg Dyno Dynamics) will definitely not show that much hp and certainly will make most ppl sad.... hehehe
Anyways, just my two cents... ;)

glanza

Known Member
Nov 2, 2005
kl/kelate
Interesting stuff sifoo km_chew. I wish I was as lucky as you... huhu
At the end of the day, I think the dyno machine also matters a lot. I've personally seen 20V STV with toda cams and Mines ECU + piggyback hitting only about 150hp at Trial (Dynojet), which is quite unacceptable seeing that a stock 20V (with OEM parts) can easily hit 140hp. IMO, 138hp for stock BT is already quite strong and gaining the extra hp with FPR, intake & exhaust mods should easily pump it to around 140hp. But again, it depends on where you dyno.
I dare say that some dynos (eg Dyno Dynamics) will definitely not show that much hp and certainly will make most ppl sad.... hehehe
Anyways, just my two cents... ;)
so moral of the story, dyno your car at the same place..rite?:driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Eh where to get the fibreglass cloth/mat in Klang Valley ?
Any info would be great

Thanks in advance
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience