Nov 19, 2003
KL, Malaysia
World's dirtiest hotels ? Malaysia is proud to be represented !! :rofl:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/DirtyHotels-g2

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
Mahkota hotel never try before, but stayed at seri costa quite often last time, not dirty ah... anyway, spore also have two hotels listed... dunno got snap shot or not for reference or not..

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I just came back from Malacca recently and I stayed at this Mahkota Hotel. 2 Bedroom with queen size bed. Overall the whole apartment room looks fine and clean for me. Not that bad as they mentioned in the link for the dirtiest hotel. Well, maybe they were unlucky or i was lucky but not all comments there were bad.

Varieties of food is really good. Rooms, toilet and bed are clean and tidy. Further more the location is superb. Is easy to go anywhere from there. Very near to Maritime Museum and the Eye of Malaysia and other historic site as well. Walking is only near to Dataran Pahlawan complex but roughly about 15mins walk.

bullet_nos

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2004
PeeJay
maybe wat they mean is "Dirtiest" Hotel...Mahkota Hotel Famous ma...:biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Can't be the meaning of Dirtiest related to chicks ma?

SDF

missing her so much
Nov 19, 2003
KL, Malaysia
i guess this rating on tripadvisor is a fair judgement of true transparency as it is voted by the REAL visitors themselves and not by a panel of judge's who has given the resort / hotel ample time to buckle up before they go in and preview....

so it's important for these hotels to be on their toes and never piss off any visitors... which tends to happen most of the time...

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
How come? Lolz! I'm getting more and more confused. 1 said malaysia boleh then 2nd post also cant understand and now gov shud feel proud lolz!

:confused: :hmmmm:

SDF

missing her so much
Nov 19, 2003
KL, Malaysia
oops.. now the authorities "officially" inspected these hotels.. as guessed.. by giving ample notice to buckle up..obviously the hotel will look nice.. :rofl:

Dirty hotels claim disputed

Saturday February 6, 2010
Dirty hotels claim disputed
By ALLISON LAI
[email protected]

MALACCA: State tourism authorities have brushed off travellers’ reviews in TripAdvisor, which ranked two hotels here as among the top 10 dirtiest hotels in Asia.

It was not an accurate representation of the situation here and was carried out without a proper rating system, said state Tourism, Culture and Heritage Committee chairman Datuk Seet Har Cheow.

The US-based travel portal, which forms the world’s biggest travel community, has listed on its site the 2010 Dirtiest Hotels in Asia.
Thorough checks: Malacca Tourism Promotion Division general manager Nazary Ahmad checking the bedroom linen while a Malacca Historic City Council officer (below) inspects the toilet in one of the rooms at a hotel in Malacca yesterday.

A Thai resort topped the list, while two Malacca hotels were ranked at the fourth and ninth positions.

The results was based on accumulated feedback given by hotel guests over a four-year period.

Speaking to reporters yesterday after visiting Mahkota Hotel, which was ranked fourth, Seet noted that the complaints raised by travellers were not solely on the cleanliness issue but also other aspects such as service quality and others.

“The review is not a good reflection of the hotel’s true situation.

“There were both negative and positive comments,” he said.

However, Seet, who was accompanied by health officers from the Malacca Historic City Council and tourism promotion officers, said the state would take note of the views and work on any short-comings.

“The hotels named in the list should take note of the reviews,” he added.

Edward Lau, general manager of Mahkota Hotel, located along the Banda Hilir coastline, said the management was taking steps to address grievances raised by its former guests.

“We have also e-mailed to the website concerned to get a proper clarification on how they carried out their online rating system,” he said.

He said it was unfair for the website to introduce such a review with no proper criteria in the rating system, which was based on feedback received over an extended period.

Seri Costa Hotel manager Helen Yap also shared the same sentiment, saying that it was unfair for such a review to seem to “represent” entirely the cleanliness of hotels.

“We always make it a point to look into complaints made by our guests to improve the hotel further.”

The review has listed Seri Costa Hotel at the ninth spot.

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
guests that are staying at the hotel have every rights to post reviews for future visitors as advice, even if they have sent feedback to the particular hotel's management of unsatisfactory service or cleanliness...anyway, tripadvisor is a 3rd party internet booking medium so its also beyond their control of who rates what in a particular hotel.

i recently came back from a penang getaway, stayed in hydro hotels by novotel. i didnt expect much from it but due to some reviews saying the front office staffs were slow and incompetent in communications, when I called up for a reservation till the day i checked in, it was all so true...i took a half hour to check in and the attentiveness was so.....lembab...i would stay there again, nice place, comfy and its at Ferringhi, breakfast was good. only thing is the FO staffs.

kelisa6009

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 20, 2003
Penang Kia
NAza Hotel in JOhor....the room smelly and the service is lousy

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

bros,

need urgent help.. im driving honda civic 94 with SOHC d16 turbo... rite now my engine oil is reducing n theres a lot of black smoke comin out wen i full throttle n rev da engine... whats da prob??? theres also oil comin out of air filter...

getting really worried, 1 2 send 2 da mechs but need some advice 1st... hope 2 settle dis soon...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience