Proton Satria 97 Need Changes

Garyu87

Jan 30, 2010
Negeri Sembilan
Okay here's the point. my friend ask me to put in a 4G92 Mivec engine but my other friend ask me to buy a new car because he says that "if you put a new turbo engine or what so on will your car be able to support it". He said that old cars the suspension and what so on is old and the body what so on is starting to break.

Actually I cant afford a new car. My budget for a new engine is 7-8K only. I font want the damn turbo because I heard it consume more fuel. Is it worth it to get a 4G91 or a 4G92 Mivec for my old car?

If it is tell me what necessary parts should I get and also the price?(Give me a List if possible)
I live in Seremban, so please recommend me a good shop that doesn't cheat or cut my head off!

camshaft

Known Member
Nov 3, 2006
mivec is a powerfull engine..better than 4g91...if you got budget..then it's not a problem...bout the chassis...there's no problem to it...a lot of satria out there with evo,vr4 engine pushing out more than 300hp still ok...

LuKa

500 RPM
Jul 14, 2005
Kedah
4G92 Mivec n 4G91 will retain the the same roadtax price.. if you go for 4G93 NA or 4G93T Turbo roadtax will be different.. Turbo engine if you use it with stock OEM condition it is fairly easy to maintain.. only u need to watch out the engine oil n change regularly on time.. water level also must observe regularly.. other than that the turbo system it self will hv wear and tear overr time thus maintenance is higher than Na engine.. 2.0 turbo engine like 4G63 will disturb ur cars handling a lot in which the satria will be overly front heavy n prone to understeer in corners.. plus mounting jobs has to be made n it will not be easy to endorse..

for 7-8 k you can barely get a Mivec 4G92 under your hood.. since you need to understand the halcut is more expensive than 4g91 engine thus workmanship, wear n tear parts are essential prior for the transplant job.. usually u will need new engine mounts, timing belt, clutch,lubricant oil and etc.. n hope everything else is running properly... but to make the car performs with the engine nicely you probably need a new set of shock absorber for 1.6/1.8 series satria.. but with this engine.. you got lots of potential for future mods.. if you are a car enthusiast n love to do mods on ur ride.. this would be great transplant for ur ride..

so.. its your choice...

Garyu87

Jan 30, 2010
Negeri Sembilan
I think I want to buy the 4G91.

usually u will need new engine mounts, timing belt, clutch,lubricant oil and etc.. n hope everything else is running properly... but to make the car performs with the engine nicely you probably need a new set of shock absorber for 1.6/1.8 series satria
Could give me the pricing for the things that i need including endorsed from JPJ.

Do i really need a half cut?

RB26

GoKart Lover
Jul 14, 2005
selayang
www.mangoesteen.net
bro...are u driving a 1.3l satria?

if yes...the auto-choke pushrod and thermostat got stuck due to rust...just get the choke replacement kit will do and replace it...no need change the whole carbie or transplant the engine if the engine still serve u well...

some pichas for you....^^
this is where the thermostat located....u can see it frm in front when u pop up the bonnet...got a 19" hexagon screw on right side of the carbie...

and here is the pushrod located...

the pushrod...

the choke replacement kit...

forgotten to snapped the thermostat pulak...:banghead:

hope this help~~~:smokin:
Hi bro, the little niddle/pushrod is it need to buy the full repair kit? Last time my fren help me DIY fix but he bhought the "half" repair kit, without this little gold needle, so my problem still exist. My fren told me full repair kit also dont have this needle..so want to check with you :)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

HI there all

jz ask u technical questions about the wira se car..im using stock 4g15 manual engine bought my car 4 months old..still brand new....

i wanted to mod to 4G's T engine dun care VR4, GSR or EVO1,2,3.....my questions is if i jz transplant the engine+ecu+wiring(or even +GB) ...do i need to change the radiator+aircond radiator to its own original respective engine?...or can i jz used stock wira radiator&aircond radiator?....

what about the power stereng pump?...aircond...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience