Wtb a z

vince68

Jan 26, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Dear Z owners,

i just sold my beemer and now searching for a Z. Went through almost all the thread last few days and have made my decision.

As for auto or manual tranny, i likely will go for auto given that i hate traffic and i have a lazy left leg...

Anyway, got a few questions as follows and hope Z owners could help me answer

(a) Where is the best place around PJ or KL to do a check if i found a car? am worried about the authenticity of the car milleage as often they are tampered with.

(b) Noted that some was saying 03 models should go around RM120 K, but thus far, i have been going to over 6 dealers and all are asking for RM135 K and above...if any owners who wants to sell, pls let me know

(c) is 50 k milleage deemed high? how long can the engine and gearbox last? i meant at roughly what milleage?

(d) what to look for when i buy a Z?

Thanks bro

Cheers

Techno350Z

Known Member
Sep 25, 2009
penang
Many people buy 03 spec for future modify...if not really interested to modify Z u can look for ST Version...ST Version include Brembo Brakekit,18inch rim,VDC,leather and Bose sound system...Any wrong information please correct me(SIFU)!!!!

vince68

Jan 26, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Many people buy 03 spec for future modify...if not really interested to modify Z u can look for ST Version...ST Version include Brembo Brakekit,18inch rim,VDC,leather and Bose sound system...Any wrong information please correct me(SIFU)!!!!
Thanks bro for the input. I was told ST is manual hence no go....any idea which workshop to go if wants to do the check?

---------- Post added at 09:51 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:49 AM ----------

have you had a test drive yet?
Yeap...have alraedy tried, RX 8 (both manual and auto), skyline 350 GT and fairlady....verdict....fairlady....for obvious reasons

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
350gt not bad also..can carry more ppl......

i not sure if the car dealer allows you to drive the car to ur preferred workshop for check-up, but normally we bring our own mech together when test drive...

vince68

Jan 26, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
350gt not bad also..can carry more ppl......

i not sure if the car dealer allows you to drive the car to ur preferred workshop for check-up, but normally we bring our own mech together when test drive...

so far, dealers allow...but dont know where to bring as i was told most dealers tweak the milleage....so, need some guy who really know the stuff...

cheers

Applejuice

Known Member
Nov 27, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
dont buy from dealer!!! go source a nice second hand unit. :) plenty for sale on zth. whats the dealer price if you dont mind?

vince68

Jan 26, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
dont buy from dealer!!! go source a nice second hand unit. :) plenty for sale on zth. whats the dealer price if you dont mind?
THere are many 2nd hand Z with the dealers, for 03 models, asking from RM130 to RM150 K!! Those from owners looks more decent from RM125 K to RM135 K. Having said that, i had a chat with one big car dealers, they said, almost 90% of their cars where milleage hits above 80 K, they will readjust and thats the norm that all dealers do...

Hence, am worried that i will get a rotten apple as most Z in the market has milleage of 40+K, believe it or not, i meant almost all the Z that i saw, maybe its a coincidence or thats what it it!!

So, having a workshop who's familar with Z would be good coz he would see many Z in his life and knows the real milleage...

Cheers

Applejuice

Known Member
Nov 27, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
you cant say like that la. there are genuin millage on the market also. like mine, i actually just use it as a weekend car. and i dont think its that simple to just turn back the millage. oh well. your choice then.

vince68

Jan 26, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
you cant say like that la. there are genuin millage on the market also. like mine, i actually just use it as a weekend car. and i dont think its that simple to just turn back the millage. oh well. your choice then.
not yours lar...i got bad experience..coz my old car which i bought 2nd hand whose supposedly milleage at 30 k ended up doing overhaul....my mech said, the car has at least 200 K on the clock...

anyway, found a 2nd hand unit just this afternoon...will send to my old workshop (hope he knows what to check) and once ok, i will owning a Z...

cheers

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Following on our 'Orange' post...

We are often asked if we detail more 'normal' cars....

Presenting Yellow.

Perfected and protected with OptiCoat PRO and OptiGlass.

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience