• Depends on situation...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

chinozie

Very Young Member... :D
Jul 5, 2004
Damansara
4age20v.blogsome.com
first thing that i do before start moving...
i've made it as a habit...safety in my company main priority...they even ask to turn on the headlights on basement parking...

simple thing that made a lot of differences...that safe your life...
between live and death...
between smashing your head into the windscreen or not...
between thrown out of the car or not...

but when i felt like driving a bit faster then normal...i'll put on my 4 point harness... :D :D

Drive safely out there...as there are more and more selfish and reckless drive loose out there...

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
For me, I would 100% buckle up each time I drive and even when I'm the passenger as there is a ruling and a few TV ads that have clearly shown that seatbelts are important or it would be fatal if you don't buckle up. I strongly agree with a few bros out there that, I do feel something seem to be missing each time If I don't buckle up. Is like we are used to it and if it is not there, we don't feel comfortable at all and I don't feel safe driving without seatbelts.

But my car, they won't have the beeping sound if one doesn't buckle up. It just light up at the bottom of your speedo meter but is good if it has an irritating sound if u don't buckle up which I find that more people would buckle up in future in order to get rid of that sound.

I think is not cause of laziness. Is just some may find it very cool or 'ying' in cantonese if driving without seatbelts. Going off topic a bit. Is just the same to those who do not put on their helmets when they are riding on their bike. They just find it stylo or people may think that they are that damn kool without the seatbelts or helmets. 2nd reason, to get ppl's attention or to show off to frens that they do not need to wear seatbelts.

My fren once told me the dumbest thing. 'Seatbelts are for kids.' I was like *stoned* :stoned:
Shaking my head and force him to put on the seatbelt. Really don't understand this ppl. Is not that embarassing to put on the seatbelts. Is not that u r putting on your underwears outside your pants. Is just a seatbelt.

Last edited:

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
Yes.. And always.. Save me once.. :driver:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Yes.. And always.. Save me once.. :driver:
Yes, safe me once as well from hitting my chest on the steering wheel or get flunk out from my seat. Damage of the car cost my dad a bomb when I was only 20 years old that time :banghead:

RM11K to repair. Was relieved that I was safe. Btw was driving a nissan sentra that time and ram into an older version of the current HONDA CRV. His rear bumper and Tyre Cover damage was not as bad as mine. My whole bonnet flat and radiator liquid flowing out from the car with heat smoke/vapour air coming out from the bonnet. Have to be towed as I dare not drive in that condition.

I got to admit Nissan Sentra is one tough car. Very solid man...No offence but just merely a comparison if I were driving our local cars, I would have been crippled or hospitalised from that impact. Yet, I was going down hill. :banghead:

GSR06

Known Member
Dec 22, 2006
It depends on the individual whether he is thinking of safety or convinient wise... even if you have airbag but without buckle the seat belt, it means nothing...also, it depends on the speed during the impact. As for me, I buckle up everytime due to safety reason and I think of my family every time when I am driving my car.

Janson911

Known Member
Feb 1, 2008
Yes,all time...
But,nowadays can see dat still a lot of people dun buckle up the safety belt when driving...Don't know y they can pass their driving license?And very lazy to buckle the belt?Juz take a few seconds only also lazy to do it??:hmmmm:

panaroL

Known Member
Apr 6, 2005
Sometimes do sometimes don't
Depends on situation

what would da difference between the two of these be? to me its almost same. anyone?
anyway, nowadays i'll always buckle up. except for going to the shop 5 mins away from my house, via 'taman' roads. am actively reminding self to wear the seatbelt. safety first!

Basil Basil

Known Member
Jul 19, 2006
for gals i know the unconfatable as its strap in between long kang...........for guys is a matter of habbit.........most conti cars have anoying sound if u don wear yr seatbelt........so for me when driven conti car, no choice......but on wira i dont coz it will crample my shirt...........but no matter wat safety 1st rite..........i know..........whhaha.......

mizunori77

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2006
seat belts are not designed for your comfort. they are there to save your life. some cars' airbag systems like evolutionz mentioned ONLY WORK when seat belt is fastened. this is to prevent accidental airbag deployment so please remember, NO SEAT BELT may mean NO AIR BAG.

on the other hand, even if your air bag can deploy without seat belt fastened, you might still be seriously injured as the airbags deploy around 322kmh. imagine this,

1. you're driving at 100kmh, and your car slams into something (accident for whatever reasons)

2. although your car goes from 100kmh to 0kmh, you are still going forward at 100kmh (if you're not wearing seat belt)

3. airbag deploys at 322kmh and 'stops' you moving forward (from 100kmh to 0kmh). can you imagine the impact on your face, chest or whatever body part the airbag 'stops'? some adults pass out from airbag deployment even when they are belted and children can die from the impact. so you can imagine what will happen to you if you don't buckle up.

don't be a sissy and say that seat belts are not comfortable. seat belts and airbags saves lives.

read more about seat belts HERE and air bags HERE.

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
Damn right, your body is still moving even tho the car isnt!

Smashing into an airbag at 100kmh with no seatbelt and re-bounding off the seat and it = whiplash :biggrin:

I buckle up whenever, feels weird without lah~~

nd4ever

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
KL, PJ & S'ban
www.facebook.com
Previously I seldom buckle up my seatbelts whenever I drive BUT there's 1 particular accident that changed my habit. I dunno what made me buckled up that bad day but I did, drove as normal & suddenly my car (Satria 1.6L) flung opposite road & whacked straight directly to a utility pole. Then the car skidded bout 20m & turned turtle. If I didn't buckle up my seatbelt, I guess I won't be posting my reply here now. From that day onwards, I buckle up my seatbelts no matter whether I'm the driver or passenger in other cars.

FYI, 1 of my close cousin passed away in a road accident about 10 years ago becoz he didn't buckle up the seatbelts. If he were to buckle up, he might be save. Few of my schoolmates & uni-mates "check-in" also becoz they said seatbelts are for sissy. Sigh...... sad to recall back all those sad memories.

Anyway, drive safely & considerately. Always BUCKLE UP the seatbelts. It's there for a reason & not an accessory for cars.

Nobody
Helmet Clan
Dec 21, 2005
seat belt is pretty much like a condom-you never know how important it is until innocent life involved

think twice & wear the god damn belt/condom before it's too late!!!

corona_ice

500 RPM
Apr 19, 2006
sunway city
seat belt is pretty much like a condom-you never know how important it is until innocent life involved

oh oh.... sense sumthin when wrong here!:rofl:

but really... i think the seat belts are a bit uncomfortable on the older version cars like mine(corona st150) it positioned very high up.... sumtimes when u silap turn ur head right it will scratch or touch ur eyes than u become temporarily blinded... besides that i guess it would be okla....:smokin:

Janson911

Known Member
Feb 1, 2008

Safe drive=buckle up the seat belt
Safe sex= must wear condom....
:biggrin:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Sometimes do sometimes don't
Depends on situation

what would da difference between the two of these be? to me its almost same. anyone?
anyway, nowadays i'll always buckle up. except for going to the shop 5 mins away from my house, via 'taman' roads. am actively reminding self to wear the seatbelt. safety first!

sometimes don't and sometimes do means you will automactically sometimes buckle up and sometimes don't buckle up.

Depends on situation is like
when you see a cop or roadblock in front then u only buckle up
got ppl nag you to buckle up
etc....