loud air sound coming from skunk2+s90 TB

camshaft

Known Member
Nov 3, 2006
hi zthian...

i just installed s90 TB with skunk2 intake manifold...the intake already port match 70mm with the TB...after installed the mod...the TB is making a very2 loud sound sucking air from my HKS air filter...the sound coming like Shiiiiiishhhh~...if when revving still ok...but it happen even when idle...so loud even my engine sound is not loud as that....is it normal S90+skunk2 intake making that kinda sound? sifus...need some explanation on this...:confused:

Last edited:

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
Wah ha ha....
Sound in from the bypass hole....link to the idle air screw.
You want to get rid or reduce this?

You will notice if idling rpm is made higher thru adjusting the air screw, it wil become even louder...
When morning start... very loud then when car warm up reduce a little...

If your symptom is like the above..... you actually need to adjust the butterfly in the TB
to be allitle partially open... but doing this idlin rpm will increase and then you can reduce the
idling air screw adjustment, so finally the shissssss sound will be very soft.

There is a stopper at the tb that limit the butterfly closing position. Allen key set screw..
Losen the no. 7/8 nut and just adjust the screw and then retighten the nut acording you what u need.

I know, i HAD the same issue.....

camshaft

Known Member
Nov 3, 2006
i just want to reduce it...people keep staring at my car becoz of the sound it makes..hehe

when cold start is loud..after the engine warm also still loud..i cant hear it clearly even when i was in my car... or the TB design like that and cant be helped?

the stopper u said is the long nut just below the round shape thing that connects with the throttle wire it is?

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
Yup...but if you dun hv diy hand then better go back to ur pomen...
U want 2morrow i take picture...

camshaft

Known Member
Nov 3, 2006
would appreciate if you can show it...
another thing..hehe...my gas pedal seem to be higher than before after installed the TB...
and my brake pedal is lower a lot than my gas pedal...
so difficult to do heel and toe now....
can the pedal be adjusted lower?
or adjusting it will make the throttle butterfly not opening completely when i floor to the pedal?

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
Pedal matter....
Any modification hv to do during installation
time...
Pedal bracket and tb cable bracket should
hv done minor modification that will ensure
butterfly 100% but without making da
pedal up so high. So go deeper instead...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

well before this i had tighten the handbrake by adjusting the screw at the handbrake and now it get loose again after my mech pull da handbrake like bull liddat.. so now i wanna adjust the screw but its a max aledi and i still not satisfy with the handbrake tightness.. is there any other place where i can adjust to make it tighter?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience