my b16a fuel consumption

kangyoon20

Over 10,000 RPM!
Apr 1, 2005
Malaysia
www.geocities.com
u still need OBD I.

however u can get the converter harness... then get an OBD I and CHIP ITS MAMA! :biggrin:

hondata is exp, but rmb.. u get what u pay for! cheap things aint good and good things aint cheap!

ad_EG: WAHHHH SO PUBLIC MEH! top secret mod tuh! :biggrin::biggrin:
tats wat i am wondering
OBDI ECU RM500-700
OBDII>OBDI harness RM300-400

might as well get a second set of neo or vafc directly? :confused:

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
well, let me assure u, rechip isn't as "great" as you would imagine. it'll actually take u some time and money to find the right chip.

i myself have changed like, 4-5 chips already. somehow or rather, they tend to give me problems (like my engine jerking problem - if u read it before on honda thread) change chip, everything ok.

even bro AD_EG also had problems with his chip. so its not like a 100% good thing. its just a cheap way out, if u ask me.

ultimately, get a piggyback or standalone if u can afford. satisfaction guaranteed. and u can sell it in the near future. market value is always there.

let me just share wtih u a bitter experience i encountered, in fact, im still facing it.

changed chip cuz previous chip causes engine to jerk when pedal to the metal.
used new chip for awhile, engine pinging, went to adjust ignition timing, adjust till MAX RETARD (yes MAX RETARD) engine still pings.
headache, what 2 do? get myself another p30 ecu.
plugged it in, adjust ignition again.
everything ok till 2nd day, CEL came out. check code, TPS sensor (A#!$@#$)
adjust TPS, everything ok, another code came out... (something related to TCS- nvm not so important)
change back ECU to the "rechip" one, engine pinging.
change back to OLDER chip - everything OK... so far.. *touch wood*

Last edited:

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
u still need OBD I.

however u can get the converter harness... then get an OBD I and CHIP ITS MAMA! :biggrin:

hondata is exp, but rmb.. u get what u pay for! cheap things aint good and good things aint cheap!

ad_EG: WAHHHH SO PUBLIC MEH! top secret mod tuh! :biggrin::biggrin:
Wahhhh i say you getting piggyback also you so scared meh ? :rofl:

kangyoon20

Over 10,000 RPM!
Apr 1, 2005
Malaysia
www.geocities.com
well, let me assure u, rechip isn't as "great" as you would imagine. it'll actually take u some time and money to find the right chip.

i myself have changed like, 4-5 chips already. somehow or rather, they tend to give me problems (like my engine jerking problem - if u read it before on honda thread) change chip, everything ok.

even bro AD_EG also had problems with his chip. so its not like a 100% good thing. its just a cheap way out, if u ask me.

ultimately, get a piggyback or standalone if u can afford. satisfaction guaranteed. and u can sell it in the near future. market value is always there.

let me just share wtih u a bitter experience i encountered, in fact, im still facing it.

changed chip cuz previous chip causes engine to jerk when pedal to the metal.
used new chip for awhile, engine pinging, went to adjust ignition timing, adjust till MAX RETARD (yes MAX RETARD) engine still pings.
headache, what 2 do? get myself another p30 ecu.
plugged it in, adjust ignition again.
everything ok till 2nd day, CEL came out. check code, TPS sensor (A#!$@#$)
adjust TPS, everything ok, another code came out... (something related to TCS- nvm not so important)
change back ECU to the "rechip" one, engine pinging.
change back to OLDER chip - everything OK... so far.. *touch wood*
yep bro thats wat my point is

even doing rechip for my ek4 also require around RM800-1000
as u said i need OBDI
for the same amount i can get second hand vafc or neo already wif flexibility in tuning

deathzone

Jul 9, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Im using obd2 rechipped fine tune with vafc...can reach 400km-420km normal town driving without vtec open. If vtec open few times about 360km-380km.

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
the reason why ppl usually re-chip is to remove the Rev limiter....so if you don intend to rev pass 8.2k if im not mistaken...then don need to rechip....just get VAFC...

but not all chips are bad...i have tested a few...most of us are also using re-chipped ecu's....but for obd2 might have to think twice...like bro kangyoon highlighted...$$$

but bro arrow did face some terrible experience with chips...i faced one...but my case wasnt my chip that was the issue...it was my ecu...i changed the whole ecu....

donCityZ

2,000 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
You need to tune your fuel management using at least the VAFC. then you will get more mileage. any mods done to increase ponies, must be accompanied with fuel management, otherwise you get power, yeah, but at same time you'll lose fc.