[WTA] JPJ Inspection for HID

f1br3opt1c

Known Member
Nov 21, 2007
I kena JPJ inspection for HID but my tint is 75% and he never said anything, on the inspection note written "Lampu Bahaya HID".

When i go for inspection, will they inspect whole car or just what is written on the note which is HID?

SYeNi69

Known Member
Jun 27, 2006
TTDI KL
make ur car as stock as possible ...

or if u wanna save all the hassle of gettin more offends ... just pay off a runner to settle it ... :)

u wont even have to bring ur car ... :biggrin: if i'm not mistaken its quite cheap ... few hundred ... :wavey:

---------- Post added at 03:20 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:19 AM ----------

dunno la still got or not ... wait for other replies ... :)

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
I think they will inspect the whole car, not just the headlight since you will be paying some fee for the inspection. they won't just turn on your headlight, see it is halogen and say "ok, pass. Next"
If you are taking your car for inspection, better peel off your tint for safety purpose.

by the way, what is your HID temperature? 8000K?

GSR06

Known Member
Dec 22, 2006
Usually, you need to get the approval from JPJ to apply for things to inspect. After get approval from KL, then you could proceed to puspakom to inspect it. For the HID, you think they don't know whether it's a HID or not ka...aiyo, it has been in the market for many years already and during inspection, they would usually inspect any other things. better be as original as possible, else your car won't be able to come out...

shazmi3

1,000 RPM
Mar 16, 2005
Damansara
pay saman RM300, bring the green letter PG1 and arah periksa letter go check at any JPJ..change to original light..thats all

and yes u have to take out the tint also..

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

I think they will inspect the whole car, not just the headlight since you will be paying some fee for the inspection. they won't just turn on your headlight, see it is halogen and say "ok, pass. Next"
If you are taking your car for inspection, better peel off your tint for safety purpose.

no fees for the inspection....even 4500k hid also cannot use

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

Usually, you need to get the approval from JPJ to apply for things to inspect. After get approval from KL, then you could proceed to puspakom to inspect it. For the HID, you think they don't know whether it's a HID or not ka...aiyo, it has been in the market for many years already and during inspection, they would usually inspect any other things. better be as original as possible, else your car won't be able to come out...

HID inspection at JPJ not PUSPAKOM...no approval letter needed

---------- Post added at 09:08 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:07 PM ----------

HID inspection at JPJ not PUSPAKOM...no approval letter needed

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
no fees for the inspection....even 4500k hid also cannot use
are you sure 4300K can't use? then all those new Civic, Benz, BMW, Estima, Wish, Skyline, Evo, etc have to masuk JPJ already. :banghead:

spring

Known Member
Oct 8, 2009
Jitra and KL
The different between aftermarket HID and manufacturer's HID is the ballast location. Aftermarket HID ballast usually located outside and u can see it when u open the engine hood. Manufacturer's HID ballast usually u cannot see it because it have been on the lamp system itself. Correct me if i'm wrong..

sphiroth

Known Member
Apr 22, 2005
The different between aftermarket HID and manufacturer's HID is the ballast location. Aftermarket HID ballast usually located outside and u can see it when u open the engine hood. Manufacturer's HID ballast usually u cannot see it because it have been on the lamp system itself. Correct me if i'm wrong..
Yeah, my HID ballast is located under the base of the lamp. Need to take the whole lamp out to see the ballast.

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

are you sure 4300K can't use? then all those new Civic, Benz, BMW, Estima, Wish, Skyline, Evo, etc have to masuk JPJ already. :banghead:
Its OK if its comes standard. Retrofitted cannot.

bullet_nos

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2004
PeeJay
Cars that come standard OEM using HID's below 5000K is OK...cos their headlamps also designed to focus the HID's properly without the dangerous glare. Other cars that come without might not have the right type of projectors to do that; hence, producing dangerous glares that can blind oncoming traffic. So they make it a rule of thumb that all cars that do not come originally with HID's simply cannot use HID's.

Correct me if im wrong...

just my 2 cents...

cheers!

shazmi3

1,000 RPM
Mar 16, 2005
Damansara
those cars pass ECE Regulation 98...google for it...

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

http://www.unece.org/trans/main/wp29/wp29regs/r098r2e.pdf

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

please guys stop using retrofit HID...it will cause a lot of glare for oncoming traffic, especially when the ground is wet and the light reflects off the ground.

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
1st of all ...wat car u drive?

bout how many K....i not sure

i been stopped by jpj on new year eve nite....with my fairlady..8000k bulb...

parked aside and pop up the hood..checked.....

its nothing....coz its original....they din care bout the temperature (K)

so if ur car oem comes with xenon lamp, then it confirmed pass...if u tambah sendiri..confirmed failed.

regarding the tint, u can just ignore it 1st, if they really kacau ur tint when u inspect ur HID, u can just tear it off on the spot. otherwise u just leave it...

Last edited:

spring

Known Member
Oct 8, 2009
Jitra and KL
a lot of my friends also had been stop by JPJ but released because they have original HID. tinted also got no problem as long as they are ori from manufacturer. how they inspect the tinted? they will try to tear the tinted. if they don't succeed, u will be released.. (as long as u not commit to them it is aftermarket tinted.)

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
my friend has been using 4300K on his MyVi, didnt' get any special paper or what during road block. As what I know, 4300K "they" won't kacau whether it is a OEM HID or aftermarket HID. Not sure how true is this, but it never happened on my friend's situation.

clanzkiller

1,000 RPM
Oct 31, 2006
Sorry tumpang ask abit...
I kena JPJ roadblock and they had issued me an inspection letter regarding my tinted and exhaust. They said they have to use the meter to detect my tinted then only to determine whether is approve or not. And my exhaust, they never mentioned anything about it, just wrote on the letter "ubahsuai ekzos".

So nvm, now what i need to know is..They ask me to go JPJ Wangsa Maju or Padang Jawa for inspection, cannot go to puspakom, is this true? cause is inconvenience for me to go to JPJ either WM or PJ.
Since probably they will inspect the whole car, so i have to just tear of the tinted, unplug my hidden HID..and about my exhaust, i'm using HKS Hi-Power 4' outlet 2.5' inlet. Izzit ok or i have to change it? i got a standby FGK Malaysia made 3' outlet, izzit ok too?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

is there anyway we can observe tht whether a car has gone trough engine transplant without popping the hood up?

by listening to the BOV i think we can know its a turbo car la... but how about exhaust sound? can know trough the sound produced or not?

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience