4AF + Blacktop internal part = work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRD.AE92

500 RPM
Apr 10, 2009
wow....is that the pic from the project that u mention before? engine bay look so clean man..salute!!
this project is based on what body?? corolla?
im very interested to do this project also. my brother in law got 1 seg with 4afe engine..if this can save alot of bucks maybe it can be done.
That engine bay was not not mine, I just google and for your reference only.
Yes... I think I mention on above, that I was use the AE92 chassis.

- i know your project hv been completed already becuase u already post the result as mentioned above...but, can u eleborate more? u didnt mention what internals that have been using. im guessing its from age 20v blacktop like u mention before rite?

- your result is quite impressive because u can achieve a good time record and u also stated that few cars (16v bluetop, 16v redtop and 20v bt) has been tapau-ed with your moms project car.
- what method is used in this time captured?
- what type of body involved in this test?
- can u tell the me about your 'secret hiding parts' like?

with this kinda result, i might get one too....hope u can help me a bit.:itsme:
- I think I was mention on above, that I'm using BT bottom block set.
- Result impressive? ermm... I think vs with the stock car, and I don't think it very much impress result.
- My bro used stop watch to capture the time, maybe it not so accurate... But the exact time would around that.
- see above la!
- secret hiding parts is lightweight crank pulley, lightweight flywheel, TRD clutch cover, TRD clutch plate, C160 gear box (without LSD), lightweight wheel, 14 inch rim, using racing petrol (octane 100) mixed with V-Power, Spare tire (thin) was using as rear tire, remove spare tire, remove rear seat, and unnecessary thing.

this is the footage of others people 4AFE vs 4AGE and win
YouTube- 4afe vs 4age

---------- Post added at 04:16 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:14 PM ----------

And 1 more thing, all the parts are PnP? The cylinder u mentioned, what must mod to it before putting it in the AF?
Majority the part are able to PNP, but the piston head need to slightly skim and using 0.8mm metal gasket.

Last edited:

danny_rigid

1,500 RPM
Oct 7, 2004
Cheras
www.epmotorclub.com
Impressive! Can do in a short time! Really super! Can put more pic of your project? Really interested

t-la

1,000 RPM
May 10, 2005
secret place
oohh...i mean, im not interested with other people engine or another person car.
i mean, i really interested with your project, your engine, and your car...of course for my reference ma.
can u put some pic or video of ur project?

can u be more specific on work process?
u also didnt mention what flywheel and clucth set that has been used. i know its trd but, which one?

why u mix racing fuel with v power? why not u run full on v-power only and what will be the result?

TRD.AE92

500 RPM
Apr 10, 2009
oohh...i mean, im not interested with other people engine or another person car.
i mean, i really interested with your project, your engine, and your car...of course for my reference ma.
can u put some pic or video of ur project?

can u be more specific on work process?
u also didnt mention what flywheel and clucth set that has been used. i know its trd but, which one?

why u mix racing fuel with v power? why not u run full on v-power only and what will be the result?
The process of project picture was already lost, if you wanna see my engine... I will snap for you, but basically it was same as the picture showed above. So why was you want to crack up much thing??

flywheel and clutch set are in my sales thread! But flywheel was currently booked, interesting to buy the Clutch cover and plate?

Reason why I mix the fuel between Racing Fuel and V-Power:
1. I used the U97 unleaded the A/F reading showed 8 on 6-7k rpm, mean I running too lean and I gonna blow my engine in anytime.
2. V-Power is still U97, so it should not help much maybe will better a bit.
3. Mix between Racing Fuel and V-Power, because Racing Fuel very expensive so if mixed up it gonna cheaper!
4. to achieve best time only.

If the car was use back as Standard, mean remove all the secret thing... The car will only hit 5k rpm (max), and to achieve 0-100 kmj-1 is at 12 sec.

bernard74

Known Member
Oct 21, 2008
Sarikei/Sarawak
Hey dudes...read sumwhere that we can get the ECU Rom chip replaced with performance chip & get it remapped. Anyone knows where we can find aftermarket chips for my 4AFE? Where can I learn to remap the ecu?

TRD.AE92

500 RPM
Apr 10, 2009
Hey dudes...read sumwhere that we can get the ECU Rom chip replaced with performance chip & get it remapped. Anyone knows where we can find aftermarket chips for my 4AFE? Where can I learn to remap the ecu?
You forget about our ECU Sifo? Levin818...

n0th1n

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2005
japan
junk-dealer.blogspot.com
now its getting interesting.
there are many things that unstated.
what chasis will win with full 20v?
ur car or ur mom's car? or ur bro's car? like your 4agze turbo project. state la weh.
u ask people, then u sendiri jawap. supercharger on off thinggy. there were also a couple of threads u react like this.
u can do research on the block etc2, change slick tyres, change rear tyres, why not 100% race fuel? how many liters race fuel u have?
quote "Takut to high rev? Ermm.... last time, i think that (4AFE) if I rev till red line the engine will blowed... But who know that my ideal was dramatically wrong. I rev till 7200 rpm, it still there... Wahahaha..."
u rev till 7.2k rpm. now its 5k only? dare to mark with other 4age, but if know need SAFC, why didnt add la?
so u end up not doing what u asked at the first place? 'migrate' all blacktop internals to your 4afe block. you got ur very special stuff, then sell out weber? why? rugi la ur race fuel. maximum all la on what u have.
ur are not hp hunger, but u still want best time out of it?
16 head + 20v block = 130whp. if all is 20v system, u can get how many whp eh? 140whp? more than that?
quote"
Yes... It was still call DOHC, but the real is SOHC... The correct name would be SOHC + Extra cam. "
quote "Yeah... In the book, it call DOHC... But in my hometown language, it call extra cam SOHC. "
who is correct?

and one more thing, engine engineering. what is that? u sure u are not scomatic ka?
or this time, all this is "your joking only"?

p/s: and because u are an trd engineer, can i ask your favor.. since trd piston already discontinued, can u check/ask mahle to reproduce 81.16mm piston for me. really need it deadly. all stuff is there, but the piston only not trd. please.

t-la

1,000 RPM
May 10, 2005
secret place
The process of project picture was already lost, if you wanna see my engine... I will snap for you, but basically it was same as the picture showed above. So why was you want to crack up much thing??

flywheel and clutch set are in my sales thread! But flywheel was currently booked, interesting to buy the Clutch cover and plate?

Reason why I mix the fuel between Racing Fuel and V-Power:
1. I used the U97 unleaded the A/F reading showed 8 on 6-7k rpm, mean I running too lean and I gonna blow my engine in anytime.
2. V-Power is still U97, so it should not help much maybe will better a bit.
3. Mix between Racing Fuel and V-Power, because Racing Fuel very expensive so if mixed up it gonna cheaper!
4. to achieve best time only.

If the car was use back as Standard, mean remove all the secret thing... The car will only hit 5k rpm (max), and to achieve 0-100 kmj-1 is at 12 sec.
yes i like to see any pic of it...can ar??
'So why was you want to crack up much thing??'
- i dont know what u mean..crank up what?
well, i just asked u in friendy manner abour your project. you said its your project on your moms car.
like i told u before, i never see this 4af carb before (in KL). almost all of my friend in here is 'pemalas'.
if their original engine kong, or having problem, they straight away swap with 4age, maybe theyre not as creative as u so i never had a chance to experience this kind of project. ive strongly believe that the thread in here is meant for discussions. its your thread and its your project, does it mean i cannot ask? if your project is reported in a proper format, it should clear alot of thing. 1stly u want to do a project...then suddently completed with result, of course a question will raised on how the project has been done..rite?

u said u want to use internals from 4age blacktop, my understanding is that u would use all the pistons, rod, crnkshft and all the bla-bla thing to put inside the 4af block. so, how u do it?? just put like that? no need to check clearance and use back the original timing belt and thats it ka? how bout the oil press?? all the same ka? so whats the comp ratio?

u just said your clutch set is for sale..u put it all in together - complete - tested - best time, then u take out the clucth to sell?? sorry im not interested.

'Reason why I mix the fuel between Racing Fuel and V-Power:
1. I used the U97 unleaded the A/F reading showed 8 on 6-7k rpm, mean I running too lean and I gonna blow my engine in anytime.'

- how and with what u check the lambda? i thought 14-15 and above is lean..

'If the car was use back as Standard, mean remove all the secret thing... The car will only hit 5k rpm (max), and to achieve 0-100 kmj-1 is at 12 sec.'
wow...put all together then rev back to normal just like that. it will keep me thinking what kind of 'secret thing' that been used man...

sorry for my stupid question, i dont know engineering, so thats why i asked lar..please gimme face a bit la becos i love toyota

cataphrax

500 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
i think alot of people are a bit lost as you have failed to properly list down a detailed list of what components you used for your project. because from what i've read you have successfully discussed the technical side of thing but at the end of the day, since this is an open discussion, i think it would be best for you to list what was done a chronological order (as reference for any other persons who decides to go with your kinda project) ESPECIALLY since you have successfully completed your project and managed to get everything running and squeeze in a few runs to boot.

everything just sounds very vague now, which is why you're getting alot of questions. no point getting irritated and saying things like 'So why was you want to crack up much thing??'. if you don't like people to ask questions or you lazy wanna answer, then don't post here in an open discussion. you should just put it up as a sticky and lock it so there can be no replies. food for thought.

TRD.AE92

500 RPM
Apr 10, 2009
Sorry for I was throwing a lot of question back to you all.
The process of engine is:
1. Remove old engine
2. Remove 4AF head
3. Install 4AF head on 20V bottom block
4. Use back the 4AF timing crank gear, with using back the 4AF timing belt
5. Setting on the CAM itself is same setup as 4AF and use 0.8mm metal gasket
6. Turn the crank.... on 1st setup, found 2 of valve was hit the piston
7. Take out the piston and re-skin about 2mm on the piston head for valve clearance
8. 2nd time install back the piston, and head
9. Everything was check clear.
10. Install on my mum car AE92
11. Fine tune the carburetor and retard the timing a bit.

Compression ratio not been check, but all the work done was done by a Mechanic and only that information I may provided only.

reason for not using the SAFC, all is because this is carburetor engine setup. If use the SAFC, I need to find back the 4AFE wiring and ECU.

My tuner use the Innovate LM-2 to check the AFR. The AFR reading 8 above are typing error, the correct AFR reading is 18.

And p/s:
I'm not TRD Engineer! But just only manage to be a practical in TRD company.
I never claim my setup got 130whp, because I never dyno before too...

But this project conclusion is not so impressive, and it is not recommended... Because total all u wasted, is still not getting better than standard 4AGE 20V. This project also will soon removed and may install an proper 4AGE BT or even 3SGE engine, which will show much promising than this.

Bro T-la,
if you still want to see my engine bay look. I will snap and post it up here as your request.

Bro noth!n,
I have TRD piston on hand too, brand new and it was 81mm or 81.5mm (not remember) do you interested?

Last edited:

futeball

Known Member
Jun 2, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.4aeoc.org
I would love to see on real-time. I mean in-front of my eyes. I will not believe 100% if based on picture especially cyberspace. Coz too many conman nowadays. With photoshop u can edit anything. Not mean to disrespect u. Just my 2 cents.

If u're back in KL, why not join us for tts at Connaught or Bangi for preview of all your car (mom's car, brother's car & yours). Then we can see it.

p/s: Last time i heard u said you're TRD Engineer, now u said u practical trainee in TRD Company??? How come.

TRD.AE92

500 RPM
Apr 10, 2009
I would love to see on real-time. I mean in-front of my eyes. I will not believe 100% if based on picture especially cyberspace. Coz too many conman nowadays. With photoshop u can edit anything. Not mean to disrespect u. Just my 2 cents.

If u're back in KL, why not join us for tts at Connaught or Bangi for preview of all your car (mom's car, brother's car & yours). Then we can see it.

p/s: Last time i heard u said you're TRD Engineer, now u said u practical trainee in TRD Company??? How come.
I never said I'm TRD engineer! Anyway I will join your TT, don't worry but not soon. I was on the back to Australia again and will coming back again in March or April.

this is my engine bay:

Last edited:

TRD.AE92

500 RPM
Apr 10, 2009
Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I want to share ideas to avoid/prevent our car from being stolen...
any recommendation???

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 PM ----------

in my point of view,,we should clam our tyre....:banghead:
hahahah...
the theft will think twice..
hahahahah
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience