4AF + Blacktop internal part = work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRD.AE92

500 RPM
Apr 10, 2009
Wow...that's a lot of info to digest...good thing I haven't go & waste my money trying bit by bit. Thanks guys. Maybe I'll just transplant a gze and turbo it instead of going thru all those trouble. By the way, do u guys think I should go ahead & change the original 4afe gearbox to 4age ST gearbox?..since I've bought the gearbox...

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

How do u guys learn so much on these performance parts? Is there a 'school' where I can learn all the skills?:stupido: I never get the chance to experience it since ppl here just do transplant...not good at troubleshooting. Guess im more on the curious side. Only lately, since I've read forums that most 4a parts are interchangeable, that I change those original pistons to bluetop. First 'experiment' done, now comes the gearbox...I wonder what's next??
lucky you not go ahead... ST and BT gearbox are the same with 4AFE... You may put it in and feel the engine much lighter, but after you done you will relief something different in speedo rpm there. I rev higher, but achieve speed lesser.

Anyway I study in engine engineering... and because of love in modification world and always do the research too. Then development.

---------- Post added at 12:39 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

no la... what im trying to say is to build a TC kit from scratch is not cheap. Buying used is cheaper. But then, its different "taste" of everyone.

3S is power no doubt but need to rojak alot of thing to be in order to drop in seg, gb, driveshaft, and so on. not to mentioned mod mounting is required which is something i dun really like. If u analyse deeper, the more thing u rojak, the more headache u got. If 1 day, u dun like this mech and decided to go for other workshop, or ur car brokedown somewhere far frm ur workshop, i doubt u can simply drop into 1 workshop and the mech knowing wat rojak parts you're having.

As for 4AGZE, best bang for the bucks. Halfcut cheap, around rm4500 region. But driveshaft is hard to find not to mentioned its very ex to source. Moreover its almost cant be upgrade in the sense tat you can only change to smaller pulley to up boost. Even that, thr is a limit. stock gze boost .5bar if im not wrong and max u can go is .7bar. Anything more than that, you're cooking the compressor changer. Alternatively u can change to SC14 which is frm Estima but hard to source and its not plug and play. Despite all these, 1 thing i cant bear with GZE is the FC. Damn it drinks fuel like no tmr. I've borrow my ex mech GZE seg for 1 months, i surrender. So what normally plp do with gze? turbocharge it. Again, u will need to spend all those i listed before, turbo, manifold, and so on. The only thing u save is injector, fuel pump and map sensor. The rest of item, u will still need it.

So u sump it, GZE halfcut rm5k, install labour + tear wear cost + RM1.5k. Total 6.5K then u add turbokit on it, another 5k, so total u spend? whopping 11K

for 3S, for save work... you may brought the SW20 halfcut... it can be use on front wheel drive too.
And no need to find gearbox.

For 4AGZE information, stock boost is 0.6-0.7. Then if change to bigger crank pulley, you may boost up to 1.0 bar. For driveshaft, you may put the 16V/BT/ST or even C160 gearbox ar... It much better ratio, and it save on driveshaft too.
If want SC14 from Estima or Supra, i do have plenty of stock too... and just need recreate the bracket to able to use it only. Total mod = RM 1,000 on the road, we do all for you, and use back original intercooler too.

Last edited:

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
for 3S, for save work... you may brought the SW20 halfcut... it can be use on front wheel drive too.
And no need to find gearbox.
oh.... i recall my fren last time using gze gb

me2kimi

500 RPM
Jun 25, 2007
Puchong
wow, lots of info i can gain here

me2kimi

500 RPM
Jun 25, 2007
Puchong
what if to supercharge the 4afe? is it as cost as turbocharge it?

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
can be done but not easy as FE head port is different from GE head port

TRD.AE92

500 RPM
Apr 10, 2009
what if to supercharge the 4afe? is it as cost as turbocharge it?
can be done too, but how to control supercharge on and off?

me2kimi

500 RPM
Jun 25, 2007
Puchong
can be done too, but how to control supercharge on and off?
I never know that supercharger has on and off controller. hehe. noob here

bernard74

Known Member
Oct 21, 2008
Sarikei/Sarawak
I never know that supercharger has on and off controller. hehe. noob here
Me too, never realized or maybe never go and think!:stupid: I wonder how superchargers stop compressing? ECU control?? Maybe we can connect 2 wires & a switch to our steering & make it work like Noz!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

A noob question...Since superchargers eat into the engine power output nearer to the crankshaft, hence drinking more fuel, is it possible to relocate its rotating pulley 'power supply' elsewhere...like at the wheels?? :biggrin:

TRD.AE92

500 RPM
Apr 10, 2009
Me too, never realized or maybe never go and think!:stupid: I wonder how superchargers stop compressing? ECU control?? Maybe we can connect 2 wires & a switch to our steering & make it work like Noz!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

A noob question...Since superchargers eat into the engine power output nearer to the crankshaft, hence drinking more fuel, is it possible to relocate its rotating pulley 'power supply' elsewhere...like at the wheels?? :biggrin:
There are an controller, to control supercharge on and off.

You may relocate it to where as u wish, turn by you free hand also can man!

check this out, supercharge on bike!
YouTube- What happens when you put a Supercharger on a Rocket III

Last edited:

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
Whahaahahaha......

t-la

1,000 RPM
May 10, 2005
secret place
Since the 4A (Carb) are can interchange the internal part....

So I thinking to upgrade my mum car 4AF (carb) with using the Blacktop internal part (Rod, piston, crankshaft and flywheel set) + Single Webber = worked?
wow...a carb 4Af..?? u mean the 1587 cc?? i tot 4AF only come with efi...can u post some pic?

hachiroku clan

500 RPM
Oct 16, 2008
wow...a carb 4Af..?? u mean the 1587 cc?? i tot 4AF only come with efi...can u post some pic?
4AF is carbie, 4AFE is efi.. Carbie is older, the latest is found in AE92.. After the ae92, all efi already.. Correct me if im wrong..

TRD.AE92

500 RPM
Apr 10, 2009
4AF is carbie, 4AFE is efi.. Carbie is older, the latest is found in AE92.. After the ae92, all efi already.. Correct me if im wrong..
perfect mark for you clan!

this is how it look like:

t-la

1,000 RPM
May 10, 2005
secret place
perfect mark for you clan!

this is how it look like:
wow....is that the pic from the project that u mention before? engine bay look so clean man..salute!!
this project is based on what body?? corolla?
im very interested to do this project also. my brother in law got 1 seg with 4afe engine..if this can save alot of bucks maybe it can be done.

The project was done... But unlucky I not install the webber, but sell it out later cause got buyer.
Anyway, I just use back my carburetor, and everything also working well too. Even the Wideband AFR also showed reading 12-14, but for sure need to do some tuning at carb there lo...

Research result:
1. 0 to 100 kmj-1 was record at 9.8 sec, before doing was at 13.2 sec
2. respond from 2000 to 5500 rpm was good
3. Test 300m with 16V blue top, win 2/3 car.
4. Test 300m with 16v red top, win 1/3 car
5. Test 300m with 20V BT, win 2 car due to that car miss gearing (clutch cover fault)
5. FC was increase from RM 0.13-0.15 per km to RM 0.15-0.18, but maybe was because of heavy foot
6. 60 kmj-1 to 120 kmj-1 was used about 8 sec
7. Idling very smooth
8. The BT piston head need some modification only.

Note: there are some hiding part which might help to get that result too.

By the way, sorry for late report the result too... The picture of process was mistakenly delete as hand phone software corrupted. Beside this and Soon I need to going back to Australia already, maybe this 25 - 28 January will be going already. :wavey::wavey::wavey:
The on going project might hanging up a short while again...
- i know your project hv been completed already becuase u already post the result as mentioned above...but, can u eleborate more? u didnt mention what internals that have been using. im guessing its from age 20v blacktop like u mention before rite?

- your result is quite impressive because u can achieve a good time record and u also stated that few cars (16v bluetop, 16v redtop and 20v bt) has been tapau-ed with your moms project car.
- what method is used in this time captured?
- what type of body involved in this test?
- can u tell the me about your 'secret hiding parts' like?

with this kinda result, i might get one too....hope u can help me a bit.:itsme:

hachiroku clan

500 RPM
Oct 16, 2008
And 1 more thing, all the parts are PnP? The cylinder u mentioned, what must mod to it before putting it in the AF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Globalization is supposed to bring the world closer together by integrating all the different aspects of our lives to function as one big and well-lubricated machine. So logic dictates that a globally designed car would fly off the showroom floors faster than an underground fiber optics cable could send an e-brochure of it your way.

This brings us then to the Chevrolet Cruze, a truly global car and the model...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience