BOT (Bolt On Turbo)

xinghonh

1,000 RPM
Aug 25, 2006
mitsubishi external fan....may i know from which model?sry noob asking ques...haha

oh yea..now im experiencing so prob...every time when i start my car and drive off....it alwiz jerks as i try to accelerate....happen approx when the boost needle starts to climb from 0 onwards...once it passes approx 0.2-0.3 mark...its not jerky anymore....

2nd ques...any reliable workshop to recommend for 4g93 bot?cz my mech decided to close down his shop =(

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
mitsubishi external fan....may i know from which model?sry noob asking ques...haha

oh yea..now im experiencing so prob...every time when i start my car and drive off....it alwiz jerks as i try to accelerate....happen approx when the boost needle starts to climb from 0 onwards...once it passes approx 0.2-0.3 mark...its not jerky anymore....

2nd ques...any reliable workshop to recommend for 4g93 bot?cz my mech decided to close down his shop =(
1) any lancer 4G9X or 4G6X. Normally ppl just buy EVO's fan. But it depends on the distance between ur condensor and ur ic piping/intercooler if it's sufficient for the fan.

2) Should be incorrect AFR at that RPM range. Does it happen previously..? What injectors are u using..? Have u alter ur wiring to use Low impendence injectors if u are using 390cc?

3)I can recommend u to my mechanics. But this fella do things u cannot ask too much things... If he's in nice mood, he do things nicely. If mood not nice, he dowan do... like that one.. So, U have to trust him if u send him the car. My BOT 1.6 is done here.

xinghonh

1,000 RPM
Aug 25, 2006
ooohh...it just happened recently...after monitoring for a day...i found that it happen most of the time once the boost kicked in...using 390cc injectors and have not altered my wiring before....

where is ur mech place?

contreasjun27

9,000 RPM
Oct 21, 2004
subang
Visit site

can always buy perdana v6 fan..
is very powerful and lasting

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
ooohh...it just happened recently...after monitoring for a day...i found that it happen most of the time once the boost kicked in...using 390cc injectors and have not altered my wiring before....

where is ur mech place?
Well, have you heard of Low impendence injectors...? GSR 390cc injectors are low impendence injectors... If used in a high impendence wiring set up, can cause harm to the ecu... But i'm not too sure if the ecu have been damage by the wiring and injector. cause worse case scenario, can cause ECU to burn. If wanna use on a normal set up, have to add resistor pack onto the wiring.

My mechanic is at Sek 27 shah alam.

can always buy perdana v6 fan..
is very powerful and lasting
Problem is the space, not the specs. Fan relocation cam be a good solution.

xinghonh

1,000 RPM
Aug 25, 2006
yea i did heard before....there is a resistor pack installed as well =)...
im not sure bout the space available....cz there is an intercooler at the frnt while the back is blocked by the banana....
1 more prob is...every time i rev to 3-3.5k at any gear...there is this blunt metal rubbing sound that is produced...not sure whats the sound but sure is annoying!

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
yea i did heard before....there is a resistor pack installed as well =)...
im not sure bout the space available....cz there is an intercooler at the frnt while the back is blocked by the banana....
1 more prob is...every time i rev to 3-3.5k at any gear...there is this blunt metal rubbing sound that is produced...not sure whats the sound but sure is annoying!
Lolz... If krrraaakk krrraakk... Hehe... Knocking :)

GTpuI

500 RPM
Apr 18, 2006

Hello bro,i have experienced the prob like u b4.Mine also 4g93dohc BOT and I just completed rebuilt my 4g93 BOT.B4 this mine BOT very unsastified,lack of power,rojak wiring.I decided to rebuilt my BOT.OK, I show u the picture before and after....

BEFORE

AFTER

My mech at Puchong,For me he done really nice job.Now after rebuilt,i can feel very difference in term of power,respond and also nice engine bay.If u interested,just pm me...

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Hello bro,i have experienced the prob like u b4.Mine also 4g93dohc BOT and I just completed rebuilt my 4g93 BOT.B4 this mine BOT very unsastified,lack of power,rojak wiring.I decided to rebuilt my BOT.OK, I show u the picture before and after....

BEFORE

AFTER

My mech at Puchong,For me he done really nice job.Now after rebuilt,i can feel very difference in term of power,respond and also nice engine bay.If u interested,just pm me...
Wah!!! nice set up wo. Complete new ss pipiping, adj cam pulley, radiator hose n WIRE TUCKING. My foreman don't wanna do it for me... He say if anything happens to the wiring, he call me to find other ws to settle it. Sienz...

GTpuI

500 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
Wah!!! nice set up wo. Complete new ss pipiping, adj cam pulley, radiator hose n WIRE TUCKING. My foreman don't wanna do it for me... He say if anything happens to the wiring, he call me to find other ws to settle it. Sienz...
Actually that wiring took from other gsr..So when put it inside mine,must also do like that.Just a standard setup.Only add with fpr,w.gate,adjustable cam pulley and remap ecu.Turbo still using td04l.Before this my BOT give me a headache especially on wiring site.Also got no power.But now really different.I cant use standard exedy cluth cause slip giler giler when full boost.So i changed to trinity cluth.

---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

how much u rebuilt ur engine?
I spent about 6k for parts.But not only for engine site,everything for the car include some performance part,driveterrain (trinity cluth,flywheel,driveshaft,braking system),suspension (complete rear arm and adjustable absorber),Wiring and ecu,ignition system (iridium plug and gsr cable),Intercooler vr4 with s.steel piping,all samco hoses.For me worth it because if u compare to gsr h/cut price nowadays.Manual gsr h/c will cost u around 9k.Actually too many things i have changed.List of my parts consists with 3 pcs of receipt.

Last edited:

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Actually that wiring took from other gsr..So when put it inside mine,must also do like that.Just a standard setup.Only add with fpr,w.gate,adjustable cam pulley and remap ecu.Turbo still using td04l.Before this my BOT give me a headache especially on wiring site.Also got no power.But now really different.I cant use standard exedy cluth cause slip giler giler when full boost.So i changed to trinity cluth.

---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

I spent about 6k for parts.But not only for engine site,everything for the car include some performance part,driveterrain (trinity cluth,flywheel,driveshaft,braking system),suspension (complete rear arm and adjustable absorber),Wiring and ecu,ignition system (iridium plug and gsr cable),Intercooler vr4 with s.steel piping,all samco hoses.For me worth it because if u compare to gsr h/cut price nowadays.Manual gsr h/c will cost u around 9k.Actually too many things i have changed.List of my parts consists with 3 pcs of receipt.
a STD gsr wiring will have the injection wiring mounted on the intake manifold. So, looks like ur mechanics have done a fair bit of effort rearranging ur wiring. Neat.

btw, the routing of gsr wiring n gti mmc are the same. Only difference is the resistor pack. Without the resistor pack, they'll still work. But it'll increase the load in the ecu n worse case scenario, burn 9 ur ecu...

Last edited:

GTpuI

500 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
a STD gsr wiring will have the injection wiring mounted on the intake manifold. So, looks like ur mechanics have donif using low impedance re a fair bit of effort rearranging ur wiring. Neat.

btw, the routing of gsr wiring n gti mmc are the same. Only difference is the resistor pack. Without the resistor pack, they'll still work. But it'll increase the load in the ecu n worse case scenario, burn 9 ur ecu...
Yes bro u are right.GSR Wiring slightly the same with gti mmc/putra wiring but without resistor pack.This is danger for ecu if using gsr low impedance injector.
Before this,my case more worst coz i was using wiring from 4g93 eterna!Actually mine is 4g93 dohc taken from eterna body.This engine really cheap.I bought this engine include installation about rm2.5k only 4 years ago...
One more thing before i changed to gsr wiring,i can hear the injector sound so loud,tip tip tip.. sound.But now that sound disappear...

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Yes bro u are right.GSR Wiring slightly the same with gti mmc/putra wiring but without resistor pack.This is danger for ecu if using gsr low impedance injector.
Before this,my case more worst coz i was using wiring from 4g93 eterna!Actually mine is 4g93 dohc taken from eterna body.This engine really cheap.I bought this engine include installation about rm2.5k only 4 years ago...
One more thing before i changed to gsr wiring,i can hear the injector sound so loud,tip tip tip.. sound.But now that sound disappear...
I guess the noise could be from the hydraulic lash adjuster aka tepet. It's a very common problem for 4g9x dohc. Maybe u change ur engine oil viscousity, or ur foreman add some schims into ur head. Oppss I mean ur engine cylinder head. Or u have change the adjusters during ur engine rebuilt.

GTpuI

500 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
I guess the noise could be from the hydraulic lash adjuster aka tepet. It's a very common problem for 4g9x dohc. Maybe u change ur engine oil viscousity, or ur foreman add some schims into ur head. Oppss I mean ur engine cylinder head. Or u have change the adjusters during ur engine rebuilt.
No,mine lifter never got sound.That 'mesin jahit' gsr sound i really know..he he..
my injector sound not loud just tip tip onli...U only can hear if open my engine bay...
But after changed to gsr wiring,that sound disappear...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The manual specifies an 8yr change interval for emission hoses. Does it refer to just the pcv/breather hoses or are there others? When I went to the shop to get replacement parts, the guy at the counter suggested a replacement hose which I didn't recognize - quite short ~2-3in, ~0.75in diameter.

And just to be sure, the the pcv/breather hoses are connected to the 10 o'clock and 3 o'clock positions on the throttle body right?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience