Civic EG vs Satria Gti

WRM

Known Member
Dec 30, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Thanx bros!aalto ad_eg,yeehau86, and arrow head n others! reali nid it.Hav a lot to learn from u guys..if yall willing to teach.hehe.

ek is reali far from budget la frenz.Unless im paying for the car.Hw much can loan go anywy.

I test drive EG today.Heart raced liao!pickup was crazy???(dunno if i cud handle it)
he put B20b block onto a b16.u can feel the torque from low rpm edi..What more wen reach the vtec.

He got new adjustable,plus new clutch(ogura?),new lsd gearbox n kinda new beautiful rims+tyres.screen+pioneer audio sys.seat not so gud though.He givin the old gearbox+b16 block.

Selling for 35K.Dun wan reduce a lil bit oso.What u guys think?
Wuld it depreciate much after 5 yrs?

PS:oso saw a satria gti today,however didnt attract heart like eg does.its juz a beauty.Does the satria GTi pick up like tht?

Last edited:

freeman1314

Known Member
Oct 7, 2008
old gearbox is 16a non lsd or with lsd?
What adjustable? What tyre? How is the car chasis condition?
After convert to hybrid b20 , now he change back 16a block for u ?

EG is a nice car, and b-series engine have great potential, u won't regret but have to prepare some cash. Parts for satria is cheaper than parts for EG. So sometimes when u wanna find parts u would probably be cursing after comparing the price with satria. But the gud part is u get a front rear double wish bone suspension system.

camshaft

Known Member
Nov 3, 2006
I test drive EG today.Heart raced liao!pickup was crazy???(dunno if i cud handle it)
he put B20b block onto a b16.u can feel the torque from low rpm edi..What more wen reach the vtec.
u get used to it bro..trust me....when the time comes...sometimes 2 liter still not enough...hahaha...

PS:oso saw a satria gti today,however didnt attract heart like eg does.its juz a beauty.Does the satria GTi pick up like tht?
very rare to see n/a gti can catch up with 2 liter EG....it happen before but mostly 2 liter vtec is faster...

my advice bro...go for honda...after all...u can get a gti...and mybe u can mod it..put in turbo...swap evo engine...and be faster than k20 vtec...but the end of the day..it's still a proton...resale value sure drop kaw2...hahaha

WRM

Known Member
Dec 30, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
old gearbox is 16a non lsd or with lsd?
What adjustable? What tyre? How is the car chasis condition?
After convert to hybrid b20 , now he change back 16a block for u ?

EG is a nice car, and b-series engine have great potential, u won't regret but have to prepare some cash. Parts for satria is cheaper than parts for EG. So sometimes when u wanna find parts u would probably be cursing after comparing the price with satria. But the gud part is u get a front rear double wish bone suspension system.
Freeman,do u mean tht b16a better thn b20?may i ask in wut aspect..
Yes camshaft i agree with U man,proton sure drop kaw2,thts y i m more to honda.
Anywy,can i get EK for 35k?

Last edited:

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
I don't think so as the market price for EK 2 doors is far away from your budget. Even for EK 4 doors is about RM 4x,xxx

check out this price for EK 2 Doors
B18C (RM 60,000)
http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/cars-for-sale/319525-civic-ek-2door-1-8cc.html

EG 2 Doors I found one with B16A (RM 37,500)
http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/cars-for-sale/321912-honda-civic-eg6-with-vtec-b16a-for-sale.html

if your budget is tight, you may go for EG 4 doors. I found one EG 4 doors with B16A. Price is RM 29,500
http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/cars-for-sale/320591-civic-b20.html

SataniC

Old Is Gold
Dec 9, 2003
Subang
Visit site
i highly doubt u can get an EG for that price, whatmore an EK.

as surveyed, the price for a EG is very close to 40k. Be it transplanted/converted or original.

yeehau86: there's no such things as B20A! B20B got la, and with that i highly doubt it will sell for <30k. those are torque monsters!
emm...yes there is...B20A is a EFI 2.0L engine usually found on Accords...from 1989 till 1992...

---------- Post added at 02:32 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

opps, maybe I remember it wrongly..B20B is considered big Vtec, right? that's why it has high torque
There's no such things as Small VTEC Big VTEC!! Thats just kedai potong wanna tipu you to sell engine :listen:

aalto

Known Member
Dec 31, 2004
The price of an EG 2 door has really risen lately, in 2008 you could easily get one around 25K-30K....now its in the 35K region.....car getting older, no more loans but still the price shoot up....

WRM, if your on a tight budget i'd advise you not to rush into this, take your time in finding one thats in good condition & suitable to your budget. Don't spend all your money in getting the car, budget at least 1K-2K for maintenance afterwards .....old car for sure gonna have problems after you buy it....

And one more friendly advise, dont get over exited with highly modded cars.....for reliability usually a stock engine is the best...IMO, with your budget and concerns on FC & being a newbie, better stay away from 2.0L engines for now....find a B16A that as close to stock as possible...
...I met a lot of people that want a "super fast vtec" but dont want to change all the necessary parts coz dont have budget and like to lenjan the hell out of their cars.....when car breaks down, no money to repair...then begging at pomen to give discount & hutang....dont be like that man.....if no budget just remain stock!

Last edited:

WRM

Known Member
Dec 30, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
And one more friendly advise, dont get over exited with highly modded cars.....for reliability usually a stock engine is the best...IMO, with your budget and concerns on FC & being a newbie, better stay away from 2.0L engines for now....find a B16A that as close to stock as possible...
...I met a lot of people that want a "super fast vtec" but dont want to change all the necessary parts coz dont have budget and like to lenjan the hell out of their cars.....when car breaks down, no money to repair...then begging at pomen to give discount & hutang....dont be like that man.....if no budget just remain stock!
Yup.thts a gud point there bro.noted.
1more thg,concerning about roadtax for 2.0+heard no subsidy later on..?

freeman1314

Known Member
Oct 7, 2008
Freeman,do u mean tht b16a better thn b20?may i ask in wut aspect..
Yes camshaft i agree with U man,proton sure drop kaw2,thts y i m more to honda.
Nope thats not what i meant. B16A = high revving, B20= torque monster, but still hybrid 20B lack reliability and durability compared to B16A or any other b series so it isn't really recommended for starter. For TS, i personally would recommend getting stock car first, modded car you won't know how the previous owner take care of the car. Try get as stock as posible and mod yourself would be much more better.

And for the Big V and Small V, it's actually B16A1 and the later B16A, small V 160hp , big V 170hp. small V clutch cable, big V hydraulic clutch. These are the biggest difference I know. Prices also vary by alot.Big V much more expensive.

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
EJ is the local model of EK ...still can get around 30-36k ...96 model...no vtec...depends if its STOCK or got mod a bit like 99 body parts and all....if the one with single cam Vtec 1.6 normally AUTO unless converted manual.

bro 2.0L vtec cant compare to 1.8 4g93 la bro....2 very very different worlds.

Like most of the members advise...you better not start by playing 2.0 ...you got a lot of things to learn 1st....b16a also nice to play....even though its only 1.6 don under estimate the engine..still can play with a lot of other cars....and HONDA Resale VALUE ??? this is one thing you don have to doubt !!! price damn hard to go down....sometimes price go up...market very good for honda.

if you get b20 block + b16a head...and approve with JPJ then your road tax damn kow....but some ppl they don....this is a different story which i wish not to discuss in an public forum....

in short...since he giving you back 1.6 block...then its ok...but normally after a block swap..it is common to have sometimes minor and sometimes major problems like leaking and all....are you prepared to handle all that? why not just buy a EG with b16a inside?

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
Buy newer GTI. Better in term of value and cheap maintenance. No head-ache etc. Chap Ayam parts a lot. Honda parts damn expensive. Not suitable for student pocket. GTi Better FC.

Somemore EG/EK consider besi buruk already.

Talking about fast, how fast u wanna go?. How fast Honda can go?. ...Drivr slowly. Gti more than enough.

BTW, is it Honda that good on topspeed arhh?.

You are student. so buy something that suit your pocket as a student. Don't listen to the rest. They are already working adult. Save more for your studies or buy something appreciating, not depreciating.

ameng

Known Member
Mar 20, 2005
aja advise are very useful...another advise from aja..not me..just buy kancil to serve you from point A to point B during your studies, study hard & smart, get 1st class result then work with big company..save money then buy ori type R like AJA..hehehe...

D-IV

Known Member
Mar 11, 2006
IMO both gti and eg is a nice car. Its a matter of preference and budget. Ofcourse, asking from a honda forum you'll definitely get people to ask you to get the eg hehe.

The B20b/B16a hybrid would not be such a bad idea and its not too big for you coz you'll adapt to it sooner or later. In fact, starting from scratch leads to more money to be spent anyway, so why not just hentam and get it in the first place hehe.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The "colour changing paint" by Nissan has taken auto blogs by storm last week. As everybody was raving on and on about how this development could change the world, only one site decided to double check with Nissan to confirm the story.

Turns out, you've all been taken for a ride!

The True Story
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience