Newbies questions

flamefox850

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Pasir Mas
www.geocities.com
Originally posted by flamefox850@Mar 12 2005, 17:46
aaa me noob also...there goes my noob Qs.

what is SQ and what is SPL actually...not only the meaning but the real definition in real world. i'm thinking that SPL is only loud and very high in decible but not really good in sound quality..is it true ? SPL just go boom boom only ?

then what's the different between SQ component set and SPL component set ? what about sub ? i know that sub produce low Hz sound but what does SQ and SPL does here ? JL Audio sub is more to SQ ? why ?
what about amp ? why there is SQ one and SPL one ? what's the different ?

aaa so many question already. this is the last, i heard that FOcal Utopia good in SQ but why very rare zth member recommend this component set ah ? not really good ah ? 165W3 good or not ? price range ?
nobody want to answer my Qs ah ? :rolleyes:

EyeIris

Mar 11, 2005
sob sob .... pls answer mine also

Hello everybody ! Juz yesterday I've changed the wira speakers and added 2 side speakers on the door and 2 tweeters .... it cost me RM500 bucks ... the only thing i need now is a amp ... the box of the speakers said it's 330W ... wat's does it mean ? wat amp is suitable for the speakers ?

pls pls advise ... thx thx

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
Originally posted by flamefox850+Mar 13 2005, 01:36 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (flamefox850 @ Mar 13 2005, 01:36 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-flamefox850@Mar 12 2005, 17:46
aaa me noob also...there goes my noob Qs.

what is SQ and what is SPL actually...not only the meaning but the real definition in real world. i'm thinking that SPL is only loud and very high in decible but not really good in sound quality..is it true ? SPL just go boom boom only ?

then what's the different between SQ component set and SPL component set ? what about sub ? i know that sub produce low Hz sound but what does SQ and SPL does here ? JL Audio sub is more to SQ ? why ?
what about amp ? why there is SQ one and SPL one ? what's the different ?

aaa so many question already. this is the last, i heard that FOcal Utopia good in SQ but why very rare zth member recommend this component set ah ? not really good ah ? 165W3 good or not ? price range ?
nobody want to answer my Qs ah ? :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
y not many ppl recon focal utopia...cost a bomb...

SQ...tonality...musical...

SPL...just turn it on loud....the louder the better
yes...just go boom boom boom onli..

sq component i think they mayb prefer the tweeter be able 2 bring up the staging n good tonality...spl component some using titanium tweeter...which is more ear piecing...so 4 spl its just nice...since spl is onli getting LOUD...

i might be wrong also...just my 2cent

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
Originally posted by EyeIris@Mar 13 2005, 22:42
sob sob .... pls answer mine also

Hello everybody ! Juz yesterday I've changed the wira speakers and added 2 side speakers on the door and 2 tweeters .... it cost me RM500 bucks ... the only thing i need now is a amp ... the box of the speakers said it's 330W ... wat's does it mean ? wat amp is suitable for the speakers ?

pls pls advise ... thx thx
most of the component set doesn't need lots of power 2 drive...

u can get mayb a amp wit 50wattRMS n so on...

wat amp suitable?tis comes 2 ur budget...how much u wan 2 spend the amp...
later unker soong ask u 2 get Brax then die loh :lol:

ataris

Known Member
Aug 9, 2004
Originally posted by ataris@Mar 9 2005, 20:32
i am really a noob. whats the diff between 6X9 speakers with 2 and 3 way. is it voice treble bass for 3 way ? 2 way is for ? the component set is it just for treble and voice ? subwoofer is for bass rite ? i am really blur here. please help sifu.
no one wants to answer my question ??

yinho

Known Member
Sep 27, 2004
Visit site
Originally posted by ataris+Mar 14 2005, 12:05 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ataris @ Mar 14 2005, 12:05 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ataris@Mar 9 2005, 20:32
i am really a noob. whats the diff between 6X9 speakers with 2 and 3 way. is it voice treble bass for 3 way ? 2 way is for ? the component set is it just for treble and voice ? subwoofer is for bass rite ? i am really blur here. please help sifu.
no one wants to answer my question ?? [/b][/quote]
6x9 is usually three way.it functions as a tweeter, mid and bass all together. because all the sound come out from the same source, its kind of noisy.

2way usually ppl put at the front door or rear fill, it function as a tweeter n mid.

component set consists of separate tweeter and midbass. so can get better soundstaging. diff instrument come out from diff place.

sub woofer is usually for very low frequency. usually 80kHz n below

EyeIris

Mar 11, 2005
thx Yong_5290 .....

erm 50 watt RMS ???? coz i planning to power up a sub woofer also ... hmm ... i think i

budget RM350 for the amp ... any recomended amp ? sub woofer planning bout 400 bucks ...

haih .... not enough $$$

artnet

1,500 RPM
Jan 19, 2004
Sarawak
www.cardomain.com
it is better to get a better amp...
no regret...
get amps from US or germany.. those branded one.

bert has a nice amp ler.. the PPI.
then a set of component
and a single sub!

PPI -4channel RM1100
component - helix blue or pioneer's RM400+
then sub... 150watt rms.. lightning audio or kicker comp.
done! minimum RM2k i think....
if without head unit.. RM3k...

if not enough.. save first.. buy one by one...
don buy cheapo and later wanna upgrade...
money wasted on the old unit loh..

jeff_v2

Known Member
Jan 9, 2005
know where to find kicker subs around kl????
looking for comp vr and an amp that can blast the subs powerful enought

cacin

1,000 RPM
Mar 9, 2005
Penang
Visit site
Originally posted by EyeIris@Mar 14 2005, 21:26
thx Yong_5290 .....

erm 50 watt RMS ???? coz i planning to power up a sub woofer also ... hmm ... i think i

budget RM350 for the amp ... any recomended amp ? sub woofer planning bout 400 bucks ...

haih .... not enough $$$
[snapback]817354[/snapback]​
The ideal case would be a 50Wrms per channel amp. Preferably a 4/3/2 channel amp. Like this, you can use 2 channel for the speakers that you just bought and the other 2 channel can be used to power 2 woofers or 1 in bridged. Btw, the speakers that you just bought, they are component sets right?

the cx

Known Member
Dec 9, 2004
tTDi Kuala Lumpur
speedshock.com
also have question...
1.izzit mohawk good?
2.what is the diff mohawk orange,blue n red?

can anyone suggest me a good sq system..not to blast.but to feel..i need component set front rear amp n a sub..coz already use pioneer HU..budget?i will buy one by one..when cmplete put lumsum make the system better..and anyone have idea how to put those in a kenari...ive no idea coz the original rear speaker is at the back..thanks 4 all sifoos reply and advice..

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
i'm just a newbie but i hope i can help clear some doubts.

SQ= Sound Quality. You wanna be able to hear crystal clear sound. The speakers should be able to project out the true blue vocals by the singer with proper sound staging. Typical SQ music are jazz, guitar, r&b.

SPL=Sound Pressure Level. Mostly associated with hip hop and techno. You wanna let your frens know you're reaching his house and this is the perfect way of telling him from 1 km away. All about earth shattering bass and lots of sub in your boot.Typical SPL music are pasar malam fengtau remix, dj tiesto, paul van dyke, any rapper music.

the CX,
mohawk products are considered the cheaper brand among enthusiast. i mean i'm not saying its lousy but its for people with smaller budget to play with but then don't underestimate its capabilities. though its cheap, it'll easily match a more expensive brand in terms of SPL. lets just say...you buy a RM8000 tag heuer watch and A RM 3000 citizen watch. both can show you the time perfectly fine but its the R&D that goes behind it, the quality of the parts they use, the craftmanship and to some extent the brand name. if not mistaken, the orange is the highest range followed by red and blue.

for a decent SQ setup, you'll need at least a reputable 2 channel amp. 1 channel to power the front component and another channel to power the sub. for your rear speakers, you might wanna use your pioneer HU to power it up. however you might wanna make do without your rear speaker coz from my experience, rear sound will distort your staging slightly. for a basic SQ setup without HU as i mention above, i think RM 2000 should be ok. it sounds a lot for a beginner, but to produce nice SQ, i truly believe you need a slightly better amp, not those china, taiwan ones which can amplify loud but not clearly. i think its fair to splash RM1000 on a amp and balance out RM1000 on components and subs with installation.

quite rightly said, do not make rash buys in cheap products. i'd rather save up to buy a slightly better and branded product than to buy a cheapo product that will give way after 6 months or so.

zackertashia

Mar 6, 2005
is pioneer carrozzeria speaker good?or isit many other brands out there dat is better in the same range of price?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear all sifu,....

i had few question to ask...
My project are bot on turbo to 4g93 sohc engine...
I had whole set turbo kit wif 390cc...
And it was low compression piston already...

My question are....
Can my original 4g93 sohc ecu and air fuel change to 4g63 ecu and air fuel?
Witout change wiring... I mean juz plug and play ecu and air fuel...

Or changing it to gsr ecu and air fuel... Witouut wiring?

Coz i dunwan buy piggyback...
Beside...i can get ecu and airfuel...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience