carburetor to fuel injection

ikramfender

Dec 11, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Hi all, i have 1 things that wonder me a lot. i have this 1991 fourth generation Honda civic with 1.5L SOHC single carburated engine and manual 5-speed transmission gearbox. The questions are:

1) can i convert the carbureted engine into a THROTTLE BODY INJECTED(TBI) engine?

2) which is better convert to TBI or convert into b16a engine

3) if convert to b16a engine do i have to add E.C.U

i hope all the expert out there can help, thank you

LuKa

500 RPM
Jul 14, 2005
Kedah
convert to efi engine is cheaper.. you can get those "engine lantai" from Eg/EK 1.5/1.6 model D series engine.. and swap the head and the wirings to make it as injection.. it will have better fuel economy over carburator n lilbit more power.. you can also use the 1.6 piston on your current block to hv higher CC displacement.. and you dont have to endorse it at puspakom & JPJ since u r using the same block..

but of course the B16A is a better choice.. but you need a total halfcut to convert to B16A and its not cheap RM5000-7000 for EF,CRX & DA6 halfcut.. installation n other work will incure more expenses.. and you will hv to do inspection n endorse the new motor to make it road legal

fatbusterd

Known Member
Jul 6, 2005
klang n brunei
b16a..u need to buy a halfcut boss...canot change like dat.
u buy a halfcut..u get everything..just takeout wat is in ur car now..
n salin wit the halfcut item...dats al...better dat way.....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My door actuator sometimes not working and i'm think to diy changing the door actuator(driver door actuator). I went to 1U Eneos to buy the door actuator but i found out there are 2 types of door actuator (2 wires and 5 wires door actuator). Which one to buy:confused_smile: ???Pls help me......thanks.....:regular_smile:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience