BOT (Bolt On Turbo)

wajarays

Known Member
Jan 1, 2008
ok guys thanks....
so the conclusion change the brake pads right?
any suggestion?......
not too expensive.......
if bandid metal king......what model?....
change to mitsubishi twin port braking system + bendix titanium pad .... result perfect...

damndamn

Known Member
Sep 24, 2004
Just wondering, what management most of u guys use? Still torn between a standalone or a emanage blue or interceptor.
Not so sure if a standalone is worth it for a BOT.
Any suggestion ah guys

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Just wondering, what management most of u guys use? Still torn between a standalone or a emanage blue or interceptor.
Not so sure if a standalone is worth it for a BOT.
Any suggestion ah guys
E-manage or interceptor, SAFC or standalone, Rechip or whatever.... All you need is something to alter your Air fuel mapping according to your set up. Whatever brand, whatever method, they exist for a reason and they are priced for a reason...

The air fuel management device that you should be using very much depended on what your set up is and what kind of output you are logically targetting...

Like what VSB is saying...

How many hp are you aiming for ??
Most turboed car are using standalone....
However, I would like to correct your statement... MOST big horsiesTurbocharged cars that are built for race using standalones. That is when sequential ignition and injection, launch controller, antilag, and other facilities are required in result better engine output. And these cannot be done by most piggybacks.

And, most BOT's car are actually using pggybacks like emanage, unichips and safc... However, there are only a few BOTers using standalones...

TO damndamn:
Worth it or not...?

If you really understand the capability of a standalones, you would say yes without a second thought.

If you really know how much horses your BOT can produce, you would say yes even if you have to pay for the price of a halfcut.

pioneer411

1,000 RPM
Agree with speed2horizon about comment to most turboed car using standalone..
there most bot car or turboed car is using piggyback type, not much BOTers are using standalone..
most ppl using standalone are in huge mod huge hp which beyond capable of stock ecu, for example 2000cc engine change 1200cc injector how to tune by using safc or emanage and how to idiling? which this one of the problem..

damndamn

Known Member
Sep 24, 2004
Comparing to similiar builds and makes, i would say im looking at somewhere between 170-200 whp. That is in the long run, but for now, im just looking at around 0.8bar (mayb 160-170?)

Emanage would not support >0.6 bar as slight knocking will occur cause by lack of ignition control. So now the choice would be between Interceptor, E6X or Sprint 500.
My choice goes to Sprint 500 due to the fact that is has sequential injection.
But from what i was told, if E6X is used, the aircond etc will be disabled?

veilsideboyz

1,500 RPM
Oct 28, 2008
Comparing to similiar builds and makes, i would say im looking at somewhere between 170-200 whp. That is in the long run, but for now, im just looking at around 0.8bar (mayb 160-170?)

Emanage would not support >0.6 bar as slight knocking will occur cause by lack of ignition control. So now the choice would be between Interceptor, E6X or Sprint 500.
Emanage would not support >0.6 ?
My friend caldina using emanage boost 1 bar with emanage blue without any problem....:rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 04:41 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

Agree with speed2horizon about comment to most turboed car using standalone..
there most bot car or turboed car is using piggyback type, not much BOTers are using standalone..
most ppl using standalone are in huge mod huge hp which beyond capable of stock ecu, for example 2000cc engine change 1200cc injector how to tune by using safc or emanage and how to idiling? which this one of the problem..
Yaya..agree !! :D
But last time I join jsoc.. My fren silvia S15 , evo , even 350z and more etc...also using standalone ...
actually depend on pocket money ~~ :biggrin:

mohdashraf81

Known Member
May 12, 2006
guys bought already bendix......still same effect but after a certain times la.......i think need to buy disc rotor and caliper at chop shop la....ei gsr ck can arrr?.....
normally how much?....
must change everything ka...like servo?...pump?.....
Another thing anybody using haltech interceptor before install in gen2 or campro engine?..

my engine now leaking a bit.....need to check it tomorrow,....
izzit good to used double gasket or used only single gasket?
coz im using double right now.......
if i bukak and then pasang inly 1 gasket need to tune back ka?

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
Eh yellowstone, does it look like any of our cars here are diesel powered ar? GO GET A LIFE and sell your diesel stuff in other places lah, nothing better to do go sell your stuff here.

Plus your in CHINA for God's sake. This is MALAYSIA.

Learn how to market your rubbish lah, and sell it on the right forum, please -.-"

xinghonh

1,000 RPM
Aug 25, 2006
hi bros
wanna ask u guys what kinda engine oil are u guys using?
im currently on semi syn 10w40...the prob is ....everytime when i travel approx 1000km....the oil level will drop to the min level....im guessing is it too thin for my engine considering the amount of heat produced...4g93p bolt on here....and im only using 1 pair of cooling fan instead of 2....

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Emanage would not support >0.6 ?
My friend caldina using emanage boost 1 bar with emanage blue without any problem....:rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 04:41 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

Yaya..agree !! :D
But last time I join jsoc.. My fren silvia S15 , evo , even 350z and more etc...also using standalone ...
actually depend on pocket money ~~ :biggrin:
My friends' supras and skylines using emanage blue... Good enough as in daily driven. Of course standalones have more capabilities and features.

E-manage is teh one with ignition control... Pls do some research.

guys bought already bendix......still same effect but after a certain times la.......i think need to buy disc rotor and caliper at chop shop la....ei gsr ck can arrr?.....
normally how much?....
GSR CK is not much differs from your gen 2 disc brakes, U can look for EVO 4 caliper and disc. Twin pot.

must change everything ka...like servo?...pump?.....
Another thing anybody using haltech interceptor before install in gen2 or campro engine?..
U can, it'd be better if the braking system comes in a set of course. But it's also ok without the servo.

my engine now leaking a bit.....need to check it tomorrow,....
izzit good to used double gasket or used only single gasket?
coz im using double right now.......
if i bukak and then pasang inly 1 gasket need to tune back ka?
Nope. double gasket is not recommended. U can either look for thicker single gasket that have the same thickness with ur current double gasket or u go for retune.

hi bros
wanna ask u guys what kinda engine oil are u guys using?
im currently on semi syn 10w40...the prob is ....everytime when i travel approx 1000km....the oil level will drop to the min level....im guessing is it too thin for my engine considering the amount of heat produced...4g93p bolt on here....and im only using 1 pair of cooling fan instead of 2....
Don;t understand. 1 pair of cooling fan..? 1 pair = 2 ma...
10w40 is fine turbocharged. No problem.

Have you removed ur water line on ur turbo..? Any white smoke..? Engine oil burnt smell on ur exhaust?

I heard Lucas is quite good... BUt Good oil comes with a price..

veilsideboyz

1,500 RPM
Oct 28, 2008
Taiko...wanna ask you .. After install turbo.. need to change engine oil ??
I next 2 week will start install the turbo...feel nervous ......:biggrin:

xinghonh

1,000 RPM
Aug 25, 2006
sry i mean im just using 1 fan now...cz the banana occupied the space for me to locate the 2nd fan

no white smoke...but i do smell oil burnt smell frm the exh....

damndamn

Known Member
Sep 24, 2004
Terribly sorry for the misunderstand.
What i ment was, with emanage, additional/optional harnesses would need to be purchased and with those included, my main question, am i better off with Interceptor?

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Taiko...wanna ask you .. After install turbo.. need to change engine oil ??
I next 2 week will start install the turbo...feel nervous ......:biggrin:
Not necessary. But I did because of 2 reasons.

1) It's already running for 7000 Km.

2) I want new oil to enter my turbo.

sry i mean im just using 1 fan now...cz the banana occupied the space for me to locate the 2nd fan

no white smoke...but i do smell oil burnt smell frm the exh....
Use the mitsubishi external fan lo. Cable tie it.
The smell could come from ur piston rings/valve seals/turbo bearings.

Terribly sorry for the misunderstand.
What i ment was, with emanage, additional/optional harnesses would need to be purchased and with those included, my main question, am i better off with Interceptor?
The harness can be DIY. Most tuners DIY themself.
The price justify it, didn;t it..?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Stanley,

I read from K2OC forum, TITAN dont have springs for Kenari rear abs. Is it true ?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience