CPS (Cam Profile Switching) vs VVTI vs DVVT

sphiroth

Known Member
Apr 22, 2005
NGV....is it safe and I know that not many places have this now.
Its safe as long as it is installed by the authorised workshop and using authorized tanks. The one that blown up last year is because the owner use LPG (cooking gas) tank which cannot withstand high temperature inside the boot. Yeah, to get re-fill is a problem.

Jan 18, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
all Land Rover 2010 are using new engine which is the 2010 version engine. and all these engine equip with CPS (camshaft profile switching). this include the RAnge rover, Discovery and freelander. just go surf the web typin land rover 2010 + CPS. have fun!

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
I think I will hold for my CPS first as waiting for turbocharge version. :biggrin:

sphiroth

Known Member
Apr 22, 2005
I think I will hold for my CPS first as waiting for turbocharge version. :biggrin:
I don't think they will come out with CPS-T because it is more complex to tune/design a turbocharged engine with valve lift (mivec, vtec). Even Mitsu only got it working in EvoX. Most probably they just use the non-CPS campro for turbo.

hachiroku clan

500 RPM
Oct 16, 2008
all Land Rover 2010 are using new engine which is the 2010 version engine. and all these engine equip with CPS (camshaft profile switching). this include the RAnge rover, Discovery and freelander. just go surf the web typin land rover 2010 + CPS. have fun!
for land/range rover, its Crank Position Sensor bro.. Not CamProfileSwitching..

estear

From Facebook
Jan 11, 2010
for land/range rover, its Crank Position Sensor bro.. Not CamProfileSwitching..
Not according to landrover:
The new LR-V8 Petrol Engines feature:
• An improved six-speed automatic transmission tuned to maximise performance
• CommandShift® for better response and smoother gear changes
• 'Drive by wire' throttle control and camshaft profile switching
• Dual Independent Variable Camshaft Timing system (DIVCT), an industry first

http://www.landrover.com/int/en/vehicles/range-rover/features-and-specifications/Engines.htm?page=2

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
I don't think they will come out with CPS-T because it is more complex to tune/design a turbocharged engine with valve lift (mivec, vtec). Even Mitsu only got it working in EvoX. Most probably they just use the non-CPS campro for turbo.
Non CPS campro with turbocharge also can .. :biggrin:
But, is the improve version from campro 110 bhp engine.
If not, engine will not last for 100k km.

hachiroku clan

500 RPM
Oct 16, 2008
Not according to landrover:
The new LR-V8 Petrol Engines feature:
• An improved six-speed automatic transmission tuned to maximise performance
• CommandShift® for better response and smoother gear changes
• 'Drive by wire' throttle control and camshaft profile switching
• Dual Independent Variable Camshaft Timing system (DIVCT), an industry first
Land Rover International - Features & Specifications - Engines & Transmission
Like vtec, vvti,dvvt.. They are all known as cam profile switching.. In this case, its DIVCT.. Only proton uses the term cps.. I thought land/rover using campro engine! Hahaha my bad..

Last edited:

estear

From Facebook
Jan 11, 2010
Like vtec, vvti,dvvt.. They are all known as cam profile switching.. In this case, its DIVCT.. Only proton uses the term cps.. I thought land/rover using campro engine! Hahaha my bad..
I beg to differ...DIVCT is related to the timing of the cam, regulates/times how the cam shaft rotates (cam phasing) whilst CPS actually shifts between two different cam profiles like VTEC, VVT, MiVEC etc. (cam shifting) CPS is a Lotus invention, whilst VTEC is Honda, MiVEC is Mitsubishi, VVT is Toyota (two types, cam shifting and cam phasing)...so nothing to do with Campro except that it uses it...

hachiroku clan

500 RPM
Oct 16, 2008
I beg to differ...DIVCT is related to the timing of the cam, regulates/times how the cam shaft rotates (cam phasing) whilst CPS actually shifts between two different cam profiles like VTEC, VVT, MiVEC etc. (cam shifting) CPS is a Lotus invention, whilst VTEC is Honda, MiVEC is Mitsubishi, VVT is Toyota (two types, cam shifting and cam phasing)...so nothing to do with Campro except that it uses it...
i know, but isnt DiVCT (dual independant variable camshaft timing) almost the same as the others? I mean i has dual profile too right? This land/range rover has CPS and DiVCT.. How is that? Im confused..
Btw this was what i meant the 1st time: Land Rover Crank Position Sensor - Engine CPS - Bosch - PartsGeek.com - Discovery Range Rover

Last edited:

estear

From Facebook
Jan 11, 2010
dual here does not mean dual cam profiles, but rather dual cam shaft - it regulates timing on both intake and exhaust cam shafts. Cam phasing VVT regulates the timing of the cam rotation, say by advancing the cam rotation by 30 degrees to allow earlier intake during high speed. The cams on this VVT camshaft may be single cam profile per valve or dual cam profiles for cam shifting.
The land rover engine has both cam phasing (DIVCT) as well as Cam Profile Switching (CPS) on the intake camshaft and exhaust camshaft...

hachiroku clan

500 RPM
Oct 16, 2008
Ok i get it now.. So its 2 diffrent thing.. Hehe thanx! Its good to know.. Btw saw the link? Thats what i got when i googled for it, and caused the confusion for me.. Hehehe

Last edited:

GSR06

Known Member
Dec 22, 2006
I think that way too...but you need to maintain the turbo ler... my TD04 is dying...do you know the market price for a TD04 now?

---------- Post added at 07:44 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:42 AM ----------

dual here does not mean dual cam profiles, but rather dual cam shaft - it regulates timing on both intake and exhaust cam shafts. Cam phasing VVT regulates the timing of the cam rotation, say by advancing the cam rotation by 30 degrees to allow earlier intake during high speed. The cams on this VVT camshaft may be single cam profile per valve or dual cam profiles for cam shifting.
The land rover engine has both cam phasing (DIVCT) as well as Cam Profile Switching (CPS) on the intake camshaft and exhaust camshaft...
So, in other words, the technology is more advanced in land rover...price is also higher:biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi and greeting to all the sifu and guru out there,

i'm planning to get a e30.. currently saw one with 1g gte twin turbo and another rb20det (so far away from me)

so, almost confirm to get the 1g.

but now i'm soooo worried... my question is, will this 1g goes underpower.. has insufficient power to drift? or do i need to spend alot more $$ to modify..
(beginner)

thanks for helping.. hope to hear opinion and advices from you guys..

or maybe anyone selling a drift-able e30...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience