SIC Track Day

h3id3rn

Known Member
Nov 26, 2003
when to SIC today... it seem hv less then 40cars..??

Alos saw a badly damage wall & a kill trafic light before T15??? who did that... hope all drivers r ok...

less than 40 cars? good.....seems like those blood suckers have lesser ppl to suck on. ohh..forgot to add that hopefully they make a loss repairing that damaged wall. muahahaha

KOB

Known Member
Apr 29, 2008

Alos saw a badly damage wall & a kill trafic light before T15??? who did that... hope all drivers r ok...
That was from SAT session. 2 cars were written off. 1 burnt to the grd.

The turn 15 safety barrier was hit by a Subaru; car was smashed to bits & a total loss. Luckily husband & wife escaped major injuries...Singapore cars i believe.

Last edited:

blue.taxi

Known Member
Nov 27, 2006
then some of us are lucky didn't went to the RCA track day... if not sure brun then RM350....
The scooby do made some good cars there...

Also tapek to the 2 Ferrari... as 1st time I saw Ferrari in Open track days...!!! not like those days only make noise in the pit but no go!!

Last edited:

soulV

Known Member
Nov 24, 2008

singaporean sti hit it on saturday....some said it was due to oil spills just bef T15 (after 50m mark)....the sti was totaled....my condolence to the owner...but the driver escaped

fred_soo_88

2,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2006
heard from my friend who was at sepang the day that the accident happen..... it was a toyota pass that hit the safety barreier. it was a SG STI who was braking and entering turn 15 he downshift but he miss his gears (6th gear to 2nd gear or 5th gear to 2nd gear) he blew him engine straight away due to over rev.. thats why apon reaching turn 15 there is a puddle of oil there... the passo came and brake for turn 15 when he hit on the oil and lost control ... staright away hit the safety barrier

heard from my friend.. do not shoot me if im wrong.. hehehe

soulV

Known Member
Nov 24, 2008
i dont know where the oil came from but the car that hit the barrier was definately a black SG STI since i was there for the RCA event & the accident caused abt >30min redlight

dawg

Known Member
Nov 29, 2003
Selangor
dawgsevo.blogspot.com
Wow this sounds pretty major. Hope no one was injured.

So the black SG STi is wrecked until total lost?

Then about the blowing engine STi, was it the one that burn till total?

Better equip ourselves with a fire extinguisher for those who intend to head to track day. There are two types of extinguishers, one is C02 and another is powder form. If I'm not mistaken, for cars we have to use the powder type. I believe ACE hardware sells the small portable fire extinguishers but not sure if it is C02 or Powder type.

Drive safe!

soulV

Known Member
Nov 24, 2008
the car that was on fire was a yellow SG STI...dont know what had happened but the incident was at T1.....i was exiting turn 15 into pit that time & can see the smoke was up high clearly from T15...the front hood & tire melted...luckily driver escaped unharmed....cr to the marshall i guess...

blue.taxi

Known Member
Nov 27, 2006
photos... I think now u also need to register w/ SIC if u wanna take photo there.. heard 1 guy said "we still own the photo right".. walau... why so LCLY..??

bernardyeo

Known Member
Apr 4, 2007
Dawg, don't use the ABC powder fire extinguisher. You may extinguish the fire but the heat will bond the powder to the engine, so in the end you must replace the engine. I don't know how effective the CO2 gas is with big fires, or how many seconds before the extinguisher runs out. Anyway, the 2kg CO2 tank is very heavy and bulky.

Another extinguisher is a 2kg gas propellant called AF11E fire extinguisher. It's a liquid that when discharged turns into gas so leaves no residue. Search youtube for AF11E to see how it works. I bought my AF11E from Newstar Chemicals Sdn. Bhd.(yellowpages search it yourself) One thing they will advise you is the canister must be upright, or the nozzle will clog or get damaged. This is the same with ABC extinguishers. So I made a bracket to secure it to the same bolts for the strut bar in my boot.

Of course the best is a plumbed in fire extinguishing system from Sparco available from N1 Sunway. It would be RM2000+ but it will discharge in both your passenger cabin and the engine bay.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi I need some information.

I am actually looking for a 4g92 MIVEC engine. Can someone please tell me whats the rough estimation of the the cost.
I intend to upgrade my WIRA 1,5m yr 2000 model. Would I require authorization from JPJ and also do I require to change my current breaking system. At current moment my front breaks are Disc breaks and back breaks are drum breaks.

I also need to know..would this effect my car insurance and NCB..?

I hope all u "tai kor" can help me...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience